collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (Incredibly) Rough Sketch - Frustration  (Read 380 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
(Incredibly) Rough Sketch - Frustration
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Drew this yesterday in about 15-20 minutes.  Yeah, I'm sure you can tell by its crappiness. XD

Anyway, this is my ponysona Stardust showing her frustration with calculus.  She loves math, but admits that it can be a pain in the flanks.

Tried a new art style with this one...  Well, okay not really a new art style, more of a new generation style.  I usually just do G4 art but this time I tried G2.

Also, about her hair, it's a representation of what mine was like at the time; I woke up late and didn't have time to brush it before bolting to work, so I went around all day with a massive bed head.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:41:09 PM by ApertureScience »

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: (Incredibly) Rough Sketch - Frustration
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »
Awwww... differentiation by parts and trig calc.  What are you doing in school?  Have you gotten to do any integration yet?  You know, you could always post the problems you were having difficulty with here and we could see if any of us ponies could solve them...

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »
I was in Calculus I, but I had to drop the class because there was no way I could pull my grade up after severely bombing the second test.  The teacher was cool enough to allow me to sit in the class, do the homework, and take the tests for practice without credit though, and I have continued to do my best in it.

I thought about asking for help on the homework a few times, but I didn't want for it to seem like I was just cheating and being lazy.  The website my homework is on occasionally has video examples and step-by-step problems, but some of them don't and that's where I really suffer...

Also, even when I do well at the homework and leave remembering most of it, I forget it a few hours later, and when the test arrives... well, I've left pages 100% blank before because I couldn't even remember where to start...

I intend to take Calc. I again in the future, but I don't know exactly when I will.  I want to wait until I have more confidence and better understanding; I can't keep dropping the class over and over again after all.

Oh, and no, we haven't done integration yet.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Oh gosh, I never cared for calculus.  But statistics was worse!  XD  Not a math person I guess, so I feel your pain!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 05:07:43 PM »
Lol...Stardust looks how I feel when client's send emails at 5pm in the day with a couple of dozen copy changes :P

For a quick sketch thats pretty awesome! I love how you have captured the frustration.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »
Ugh, I feel your pain.  I took calculus in college, and I always cried when I studied for tests.  I did manage to pull an A in the class, but it wasn't without massive effort!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys!  I actually completely forgot about this topic. XD

Yeah, I've been reduced to a teary mess by this class too.  Actually, this class brings out my depression more than any other, and in ways I wish it wouldn't...  We just had our third exam this past Tuesday and I forgot everything I had studied the night before.  And the stuff that I didn't forget ended up getting jumbled together with the processes for solving other problems...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal