collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any news on the 2013 SDCC Pony?  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Any news on the 2013 SDCC Pony?
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »
Has anybody heard any good rumors about the 2013 SDCC Pony? We had lots of good TaoBao leads at this time last year, and I'm super excited to see what Hasbro has in store for us this year! :)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on the 2013 SDCC Pony?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
all ive seen are posibly mrs cake or the pink baby but dont quote me on that these arejust guesses

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
Some one also found a glittery Wysteria and Pinkie Pie.  I am hoping for a set of those personally, preferably with characters that range from all gens.  If that is the case, it could also explain why the price has gone up.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »
Some one also found a glittery Wysteria and Pinkie Pie.  I am hoping for a set of those personally, preferably with characters that range from all gens.  If that is the case, it could also explain why the price has gone up.
i forgot about those those seem more likely now that i think  about it

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
The only rumors about SDCC or MLP's 30th anniversary I've read so far have involved Equestria Girls.  -_-

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »
Theres going to be another SDCC pony!? With how successful the Ditzy-Derp G4 fashion style from last year was, is it safe to say it will most likely be another G4? =) Part of me wishes they would release Derp again since I missed out on her last year!  :blush: Probably not possible- I guess they release a different one every year?. That glitter Wysteria or Pinkie would be awesome! I could see Mrs Cake being some sort of promo like that, but I already ordered her off of ebay as a loose! Be cool if she came in a Sugar Cube Corner shaped box! x_x

Vagas Rarity!? =P I wish they would release that! Wait no, scratch that- they should release Minty or Sweetie Blue! =O *in my dreams*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:58:46 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »
I really think we are going to get Pinkie Pie and Wysteria in a set. Maybe they will also include a couple others too! They seem pretty special edition-y to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
I personally think it would be really weird to have Wysteria be any part of it. I assume that they will probably have another pony the brony crowd will appreciate, and of course most bronies won't know who she is. And even if, by some chance, they were catering to us collectors...why Wysteria? While she did get several re-releases and I think she was the Crystal Princess or something (?) it still seems like a random choice for the SDCC exclusive.

That said, I don't have any better predictions. LOL.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:43:40 AM »
30th anniversary ponies would be much better... everyone should be able to get those not only ppl who are able to visit the SDCC =)

*please hear me Hasbro!* ;)
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:14 AM »
Why wouldn't bronies appreciate some Crystal Empire ponies? That one has a recognizable G3 cutie mark is just a bonus. Or maybe Wysteria is actually a character that will be in the show for season 4?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:55:13 AM »
I personally think it would be really weird to have Wysteria be any part of it. I assume that they will probably have another pony the brony crowd will appreciate, and of course most bronies won't know who she is. And even if, by some chance, they were catering to us collectors...why Wysteria? While she did get several re-releases and I think she was the Crystal Princess or something (?) it still seems like a random choice for the SDCC exclusive.

That said, I don't have any better predictions. LOL.

I am assuming that they will do what they did last year and have the fair exclusive and sdcc exclusive be the same.  And since it is the 30 anniversery, I am hoping the exclusive will reflect this.

Both Wysteria and Pinkie Pie were among the first set of G3 ponies released.  If they are going to release a set to celebrate the anniversery, I could certainly see Hasbro trying to please both collectors and Bronies by putting ponies in the set that would appeal to both.

Here are my thoughts.  Lets say that there are 6 playful size ponies in the set.  If they include two g4 ponies it would undoubtedly be Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.  Not only are those two very popular with bronies but they also were both in the first set of g3 characters ever released.   Then say that they include two other characters from the first set of G3.  We have already seen Wysteria.  After Pinkie and RD, Wysteria is one of the most popular characters from that set.  And who is another extremely popular pony from that set?  Minty, of course!
And then ideally the last two ponies would be from the very first MLP ever (Peachy, Bluebelle, Blossom, etc.)  They would have to use Butterscotch and Snuzzle if they wanted to avoid having two ponies of the same color in the set.

In this way, they could include two ponies from the 3 most popular generations of ponies, each of those ponies being from the first wave of ponies in her generation, 3 of them having been in the first wave of more than one gen ( Minty, Pinkie, and RD). It would be very appropriate in my opinion and be most likely to please the largest amount of people both collector and brony.  By this I mean that bronies are still likely to buy it for the special edition of their two favorite ponies even if they don't know the other characters, and collectors are likely to buy it for the other ponies even if they don't want yet another Pinkie and RD.  I am trying to think like Hasbro here.  If it was especially popular then they could release non-glittery versions as a general release. Such as they are doing for last years fair/sdcc pony.

Of course, this is all just my conjecture.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:43:27 AM by Sunset »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:05:54 AM »
I just hope that its something good :)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
Im crossing my fingers for more retro-G1 :D

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 09:31:46 AM »
I'm crossing my fingers for something I have half a hope in hell of getting my hands on without having to sell a kidney...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »
My guess it will be another Fashion Style background pony. Something that will sell well, something they can profit from. This SDCC for adults and collectors so they keep this in mind.

They could also pull a hat trick and give us a FS set of retro G1s. G1s that were popular sellers or that are popular with the community.. kinda hard to tell since Hasbro's main focus right now is the G4 characters.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal