collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: fim trading cards serries 2, what do you think?!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
fim trading cards serries 2, what do you think?!
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:35:35 AM »
I'm shocked with the pre-release of these cards this weekend that no one has posted a thread about them, or did I miss it? I had to look them up on ebay to see them all, but am I the only one who's not as excited about them? I don't know if it's character choices or what but I actually still like series 1 better:/ I love the new fluttershy promo box and the ditzy tin is cute, but not too many of the new ones really wowed me :blush:

I'm honestly quite shocked people are paying well over $100 for the new pinkie pie promo too. I'm sure her price will go down over time like Ditzy did. I'm just so glad I waited to buy that one, I was lucky enough to snag on sunday morning from enterplay for $4:D I'm just bummed I missed out on Rainbow Dash! They only had 25 available for all the giveaways and they were gone in under 60 seconds! Felt like I was sniping an ebay auction, it was intense to say the least!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: fim trading cards serries 2, what do you think?!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
I just started seeing pics of series 2 yesterday and I think I might get the :muffin: Pony tin and try to get a few select cards.
I only collected the characters, villains, pets and locations from series 1 and think I might do something similar with series 2 except not getting character cards that are repeat characters. I haven't gone though and figured what all is included and which ones I want yet but I think I'll need the Crackle card for sure XD
There doesn't seem to be a Parasprite antagonist card which was something I was hoping for this series.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:33 AM »
I wasn't able to find many packs of the first series, so I didn't really get into collecting them.  It will probably be the same story with this set.  I did get the tin and pinky pie box.  So cute!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:46:45 AM by brightberry »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
The only cards I ever got from wave 1 were the standees, and those only because I found them for so cheap; flat rectangles just don't appeal to me as much as three-dimensional toys that you can actually play with. But they have Minuette now, and Cloudchaser and Flitter, so I miiiiiight have to make a change.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
I think part of the lack of enthusiasm is probably the same kind of issue blind bags are experiencing...too much too soon. Personally I think they are releasing a new set too early. People are probably still finishing up the odd card or two and recovering from the money they spent in order to complete the first set. Let alone firing out another batch. I would have thought they would have aimed for every 12 months not every 6 months per set.

Some of them are cute but I think perhaps they are becoming very fandom orientated and less show orientated. Which if I am honest is perhaps fair enough considering the audience - but for me there are some off choices.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
Is there a confirmed list of series 2 cards and their #s somewhere yet?

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile

Sarah Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
I'm excited !! Crackle ! Tom ! Madame le Flour ! Stickers ! Can't wait to start collecting these.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
Is it bad that I wanted the back of King Sombra's card to say nothing but "CRYSTAAAALS! CRYSTAAALS!"?  :P

Seriously though, those are super cute.  I don't collect the cards, but maybe someday.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline safrania9898

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »
They look awesome... I'll try to get some.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
I will buy the box for sure and keep the cards :) but I did not really get into collecting the cards on series 1,I did get the tin and the 2 boxes :)
 guess was lucky not to get into them, the cards get too expensive and would hate not being able to complete a set and all that :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Sarah Jo

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
Is it bad that I wanted the back of King Sombra's card to say nothing but "CRYSTAAAALS! CRYSTAAALS!"?  :P

Ahaha, no, not at all. Crrrrrrrystaaaaals !

I think I'm a little more excited about this series because I wasn't visiting the Arena when series 1 was getting started. So mostly everyone already had the base cards and I didn't have much to offer for trading by the time I started posting here again.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »
Thank you for reminding me! *preorders* ^-^ I am sooooo looking forward to these! I LOVE that Trixie gold series villian card! Eeek and Twilicorn  card!? =p Those filly cards are sooo darned cute! <3 the pinkie pie one!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 06:15:43 PM »
I think this is the lot.
Thanks!

That would have been hilarious  :lol:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
WANT!!!  Man, there are so many of these cards that I want sooo badly.  And I see Berry Punch is officially canon now.  Actually, that's one fan name I kind of like.  It sounds yummy! 
And...OMG filly cards!!!!!!!  So much squee!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal