collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which country has the WORST postal system in the world?  (Read 6110 times)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Which country has the WORST postal system in the world?
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »
So, I hate the Canadian postage system.  It's absolutely stupid.  It would (theoretically) cost me more to ship from Windsor, Ontario, to Detroit, Michigan (a distance of one km, since the cities are joined by a bridge), than to ship all the way to England.

I think I have it bad.

So I'm looking for all you international pony folks to cheer me up by telling me all your postage horror stories  :lol:

*slight edit* Thanks~PonyLady
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:26:05 AM by ponylady »

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Which country has the WORST postal system in the world?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
I don't care about the prices I pay with Canada Post, mail arrives!  :lol:

Italy bans the import of plastic toys, so being a pony collector that would be pretty bad. Many don't ship there (I can't blame the sellers). Oh, I'm so, so happy I don't live in a country who's customs will go through parcels and slice open ponies looking for drugs!  :shocked:

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »
Italy, hands down Italy.

They once lost a doll of mine that was shipped Express for a month. They only mysteriously found it because the seller pestered them a lot and kindly reminded them it was insured for 500 Euro.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
From a buyer's perspective, I don't care for the Netherlands' prices :silly: There are a couple other countries near there too that cost $20+ to ship a single pony to the US too if I remember right :yikes:

Italy is notoriously horrible too though, and many sellers just flat-out refuse to ship there.

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
S**t.  They seriously slice open poor, innocent little ponies looking for contraband???  That's just scary!

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
Oh, I forgot about Venezuela! :drunk: Their customs are notorious for opening ponies too (in search of drugs), and some MIP Venezuelans have had their boxes ripped open by them. Somewhere along the line (I'm not sure if it was Venezuela, or Colombia which this package went through) also lost the label for an expensive pony I had bought from a seller there, and it took months to arrive. It went MIA for a while, and when it finally made its way into the US, it was declared 'dead mail' and was nearly tossed :yikes: Not a fun experience, but my seller was great about the whole thing.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
Not to mention the poor person who bought an Argentinean pony, only to literally have customs CUT OFF her head!  and throw it in the bottom of the shredded, ripped open box.  The poorbuyer nearly missed it in the trauma.  :(

Ummmmm I would say countries like Zimbabwe have it pretty bad for mail services. 

I LOVE Canada Post!  LOVE THEM!  So fast, so efficient!  Tracking with everything...  Cheaper than a plane ticket or a trip across the border.  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:10 AM »
Well, Iceland is one of those countries where packages get opened :S Every single package I received has been opened by the customs, though they haven't destroyed anything (yet) and they put insane taxes on everything, unless it is declared a gift, and even then I have to convince them that it is indeed a gift most of the time - NOT FUN!
That said, as sellers, we have it pretty good, out shipping rates are good and post seems to be reliable (never had a package not reach its destination).

But compared to Italy and Venezuela, I think I should be happy :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
Canada customs will also inspect packages from time to time, only occasionally. Any time a seller has used a package from electronics to ship in I usually see the opened by customs tape across the box when it arrives. We also pay customs, they've been nice to me recently though. The best was a large lot of MOC's I bought from Chile years and years ago, the guy shipped in a VCR box and marked value I paid. Customs opened it and decided crappy kids toys weren't worth what he marked and valued them at $5 each, so I paid customs on that amount instead.  :shocked: THAT hasn't happened again though! I do love my countries postal system. It's been great to me and years and years of packages arrived safely so long as the seller packed well- but that's another rant!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
I've never successfully sent something to Spain but it could be usps or it could be them.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »
I'm amazed by our postage service here in australia. I can buy ponies from the UK for cheaper shipping than buying here. I honestly can't fault Royal Mail. German and Belgian packages always come with a sticker from aussie customs saying "parcel damaged before arriving in australia" and mended with aussie customs tape. Thankfully I've never had anything lost or damaged, although it did come rather close!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »
I'd say venezuela - although personally I didnt have any issues when I bough a pony from there I've read a lot of other horror stories  :yikes:
I've never had any real problems with Italy  TBH (which is a good thing since I'd like to go live there- should I buy all the ponies I want first though if everyone will be too worried to ship to me?! :P  )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:13 AM »
Okay, I'm never shipping anything to Venezuela or Italy after reading this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal