collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any info on this mismatch Alicorn?  (Read 2950 times)

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any info on this mismatch Alicorn?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 06:48:03 AM »
I have to agree with BrightIdea and BluePheonix. If it was in package, clearly never opened, then it would be more obviously a factor error. But with these, there is no proof that someone hasn't just swapped the heads. From what I understand, G4s heads really aren't that difficult to remove, and these are the only ones I see head swaps on.

Regardless, she does look pretty.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 03:01:36 PM »
If you really like her...then honestly thats all that important :) You love her, you appreciate her!

I do agree with BrightIdea and BluePheonix however that at best she is a $5 pony as essentially all someone [be it ebay seller or Taobao seller] has done is taken off Blossomforths head and pop on Rarity's. In some cases its naughty and misleading and in other cases its just done as a matter of having parts and making a similarish whole pony.

I know I have seriously over paid when there is something I really want. But as long as you know what you have and appreciate it then thats all that matters.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
Sorry for the shameless plug but this would have been a nice "prototype" except I found this MIB at Toys'R'Us in SIngapore, so she's considered more a fluke.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By the way, she's for sale. lol PM me an offer if interested.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »
I never claimed her to be a prototype....
and okay yeah i was VERY well aware i had more than likely overpaid but there was honestly no need to write several paragraphs rubbing it in my face about what a horrible deal it was and how awfully i overpaid, and how overall worthless she is..... honestly have some tact.....

Also wouldn't it have been painfully obvious if the pony had been head-swapped? Like, wouldn't the plastic look a bit "stressed" around the neck?
and yeah okay sure you can go ahead and plug that why not...........

I mean over all I'm still happy with her. We've all made mistakes on eBay, the cruel mistress, and everyone knows their prices are insane. You can be damn well certain I'm not going to be bidding on any other alicorns anytime soon. >__>;

(Also I'd still be interested in some info on taobao pony-searching if anyone has any. :blush:)
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »
Also wouldn't it have been painfully obvious if the pony had been head-swapped? Like, wouldn't the plastic look a bit "stressed" around the neck?

Actually no. ^.^ I pop out my G4 heads a lot for fun and switch them around. No "stresses".

I'm glad you love your purchase. I think the most important point being you enjoy the pony, and the joy it brings you is easily worth whatever you have paid for. You can certainly make those money again. Also on the bright side, now that you know the alicorn is easily to replicate, you can make more of them by buying the right bodies for swaps and save money the next time round.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
I never claimed her to be a prototype....
and okay yeah i was VERY well aware i had more than likely overpaid but there was honestly no need to write several paragraphs rubbing it in my face about what a horrible deal it was and how awfully i overpaid, and how overall worthless she is..... honestly have some tact.....

and yeah okay sure you can go ahead and plug that why not...........

I mean over all I'm still happy with her. We've all made mistakes on eBay, the cruel mistress, and everyone knows their prices are insane. You can be damn well certain I'm not going to be bidding on any other alicorns anytime soon. >__>;

(Also I'd still be interested in some info on taobao pony-searching if anyone has any. :blush:)

Tact? I think everyone was just answering your question, "is she worth it" and was telling you info about it. I don't think it was anyone's intention to be rude. I have a lot of experience with Taobao ponies, so I would have answered anyone's questions with that much detail, be it prototype or mismatched pony  :( It was meant to be informative. Sorry you didn't hear what you wanted. Everyone thinks she is cute, you think she is cute, and you can spend your money any way that you want.

As for Taobao searching, that is nice and easy. You can type in "My Little Pony" or "Hasbro Pony" as a search term, and scroll along all for 80 pages of pony fun  :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 01:51:28 AM »
that hornless Rarity is adorable! and very weird. Does she have the unicorn eye shapes moulded into the plastic, or have they painted unicorn eyes over a round eye shape?

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 04:47:14 AM »
Sorry to disappoint but.. I have a Rarity which I headswapped with Blossomforth. It looks like a proto, but really it's just a headswap. WATCH OUT FOR THESE SCAMS. Don't waste your money on a simple 5 minute job lol -.-

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 05:29:47 AM »
Oh I've spent money on ebay and regretted it too. Or bid on an auction thinking "No way I'll win" and it was an item I only kind of wanted. Then few days later, come to find out that I did win and had buyers remorse. It happens to us all at some point. You like her, that's what counts. Yeah she's not worth much but it happens.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
I don't think you were scammed, and personally  I think it likely that she was a factory error and not a headswap that someone did.  I think your seller is probably someone who buys a bunch of Taobao ponies and sells them off at a premium.

Generally, the Taobao ponies are worth more than $5 though- if you check through completed auctions I think they go for more than usual ponies, but generally the ones with symbol swaps and hair swaps seem to go for more.  Some of the more popular (ie the Blue pony with Fluttershy's butterflies, or Lyra with Sunny Ray's flowers) go for more than usual hair swaps, I think generally in the $17-$25 range, and some go for way more (ie White Celestia/Rarity mix ups) - they are usually $75 or more.

You probably did pay a premium for her, but again, the Taobao thing is kind of a pain.  Plus, there are fewer and fewer Frankenponies on Taobao now that the Chinese sellers are catching on- and selling their stuff directly on Ebay.

If you do want to check out Taobao personally, I'd recommend Taobaonow.com as an agent.  I think that 90% of the time I get exactly what I ordered using them, and they are faster than the other agent I had (which can be critical given how many people are shopping on that thing now, and due to the fact we all want the same things).

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
I think the green pony with Sunny Ray's symbol is a fair exclusive rather than a frankenpony.

And I don't think it was a mistake to buy the alicorn. their prices might suddenly increase.
I made the mistake of not buying a G4 Minty when she was only $50 thinking she would soon be released for christmas and I should not waste money just to get her early...

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
I think the green pony with Sunny Ray's symbol is a fair exclusive rather than a frankenpony.

And I don't think it was a mistake to buy the alicorn. their prices might suddenly increase.
I made the mistake of not buying a G4 Minty when she was only $50 thinking she would soon be released for christmas and I should not waste money just to get her early...

No she was a Frankenpony but Galatica ran what looked like an amazing NW meet and they had her as their official pony. :) Very similar to the UK Pony Con which due to Hasbro were unable to get an exclusive and thereby used the blue uni with fluttershy symbols as their Con pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal