collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ..NINETY DOLLARS?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: ..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 06:27:26 PM »
Okay... but... I'm sorry, I do not know a SINGLE postal employee who would see a difference of over $80 as just an "inaccuracy." A few dollars here or there yes, but I just cannot imagine anyone seeing that price difference and not seeing anything wrong with it. You need to go in and ask for a supervisor.

Alright, I'll be sure to do that.  :) Let's hope it works out..

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »
I've been in twice with two different people. x-x I took in the shipping quote, and I was told that sometimes 'USPS's shipping quotes are inaccurate'  :argh:

At the same post office? For something that light it should be nowhere near $90 for first class. Is that office's computer system working properly I wonder? I'd print out shipping through ebay or take it into a different post office... this is just bazaar!  :shocked:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Re: ..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
i honestly think it is a mistake on the post office's part, but it's the only post office around here that'll ship internationally.

Any post office should be able to ship internationally.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Re: ..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
i honestly think it is a mistake on the post office's part, but it's the only post office around here that'll ship internationally.

'Should' is the keyword  :huh: The other post office told me that it was too much of a pain.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
This --->
That is most definitely not right.

I am curious though if you sold the item on ebay, why are you not printing your labels through there.  I can gurantee if you do that it will not cost you $90, it will be more like $8.99.
Print the shipping label directly from ebay, tape it on the package and ship it out :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »
That is absolutely bonkers. I always print out the eBay shipping labels, so I haven't had this issue...I'd suggest you do that as well!

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
Girl go to a post office. Not fedex or UPS. Go to the post office and ask them about it. Because that is OUTRAGES!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »

'Should' is the keyword  :huh: The other post office told me that it was too much of a pain.

Um, I'm fairly sure post offices aren't allowed to refuse to provide services whenever they feel like it. If this is truly the case, you need to file a complaint with someone.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 11:44:58 PM »
Okay it sounds to me that you are using a postal office but its not the true government usps.  The true usps can not turn down shipping international.  There is a huge difference in using aneighborhood postal store verses the usps. They will over charge you.  I quit using those places as they are shady.  You will need to drive to the true usps in your area.  If there is not one because its a small town...then do not ship internationally.  That shipping rate is not correct.  I would report this business as well if that is possible.  Privately owned postal offices are huge over chargers, but this is the worst I have ever heard of.  The government postal office can not charge you like that. Their quotes will not apply at the private locations.  Also  if trying fed x you must go to the real fed x...again..not a hub.  When the mail carrier delivers your mail ask them where the nearest government office is..as they are the only ones authorized to deliver besides ups and fed x..so..there is an office close or you would not get mail evenat a po box.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:50:43 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:43 AM »
I have to agree with Tulagirl. It sounds like you are going to some place like Mailboxes Etc. You need to locate your government owned USPS post office. Where the workers are all in USPS uniforms.

Good luck.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 06:05:53 AM »
I have nothing to add to this but wow, you guys have pretend post offices? That is quite strange. I hope the OP can get to a real post office run by the govt and get a reasonable price for the package :)

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 06:20:00 AM »
I've bought from you before. Is it boxed strangely? Maybe the dimensions are weird. If it's in a padded envelope, there shouldn't be a problem. Did you claim a high value on the customs form? I'd ask them what's driving the price up so high.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 06:27:34 AM »
Don't go to that post office anymore.  Unless you are sending it express, there is no way a baby pony could cost that much to ship.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
I have nothing to add to this but wow, you guys have pretend post offices? That is quite strange. I hope the OP can get to a real post office run by the govt and get a reasonable price for the package :)

They are not pretend post offices they are privately owned small businesses that pack and ship and sometimes even have po boxes.  They do not however deliver street mail to homes.  The USPS delivers mail to them if they have po boxes.  Often they handle USPS mail, UPS and Fed-X and can ship from all three carriers.  They can decide what they do and do not want to deal with.  The thing is though in order for them to make money they charge extra fees on top of the shipping and those fees are quite high.    I paid two dollars once just to have them mail a letter because I didn't have a stamp.  Thats just not cool with me.  They also oversize things that do not qualify as over sized.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:23:10 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:52 AM »

They are not pretend post offices they are privately owned small businesses that pack and ship and sometimes even have po boxes.  They do not however deliver street mail to homes.  The USPS delivers mail to them if they have po boxes.  Often they handle USPS mail, UPS and Fed-X and can ship from all three carriers.  They can decide what they do and do not want to deal with.  The thing is though in order for them to make money they charge extra fees on top of the shipping and those fees are quite high.    I paid two dollars once just to have them mail a letter because I didn't have a stamp.  Thats just not cool with me.  They also oversize things that do not qualify as over sized.

They're called licensed retailers, and we have them in Canada too.  Go to 7-Eleven to mail something?  It costs $20 more...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal