collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony  (Read 26324 times)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
For those of you of you wondering, the part that was really difficult to read says "You can make a PAWSOME pony braid."  The rest of the previous translation of my super blurry photo was correct.  I am so sorry!!!  I was just so excited to post it!!!  Also on the top right it gives the dates April 1-7 for pony week i case anyone wanted to know.

So glad everyone is liking my post!!!

LOL Pawsome is what really threw me off I think. I had fun trying to read it honestly :)

I'm excited, I haven't been to Build-a-Bear in so long but I love it!

Offline jupiterlily

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • 80’s baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »
These look pretty cute.  I'd be very tempted to get a rainbow dash.  If they happen to come out with fluttershy or rarity I don't think I'll be able to resist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bex

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
28th of march they come out here :)
i booked a 'gathering' for myself and my kids, my daughter will be wrapped  *SQUEE*

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:52 AM »
Their faces and eyes look adorable and generally of good quality! I have nooo clue what Build a Bear is or if we can get them here, but I dislike plushies with nylon/similar material hair anyways, so I guess I can easily resist.

appleponygal

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
WOW thats great news!  ^.^

Id LOVE one!!

I really hope they are available in the UK! So then I can plan a trip to my sisters in Manchester to go to a Build-a-bear  :lol:

Me too! I also hope they have clothes liek the ponies would wear also! :)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 08:16:34 AM »
Their faces and eyes look adorable and generally of good quality! I have nooo clue what Build a Bear is or if we can get them here, but I dislike plushies with nylon/similar material hair anyways, so I guess I can easily resist.

Build a Bear is a store where you go in, take the empty plush "skin" of a stuffed animal....stuff it yourself (as soft or stiff as you'd like), put a tiny plush heart inside to make it yours , and then pick out whatever clothes/accessories that you'd like to put on them. It's a very interesting place! I think it started out as bears, but now they've got all types of plushies, dogs,cats,bunnies, etc! :3c

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »
WOW thats great news!  ^.^

Id LOVE one!!

I really hope they are available in the UK! So then I can plan a trip to my sisters in Manchester to go to a Build-a-bear  :lol:

Me too! I also hope they have clothes liek the ponies would wear also! :)

There are definitely Build a Bears in the U.K.  http://www.buildabear.co.uk/

I am very curious about the clothing...

Sarah Jo

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »
These are so very cute, but probably a little too expensive for my blood. Like someone else said, it's hard for me to blow $15+ on a plushie. Maybe once it gets going people will post prices and then I can decide.. The nearest Build-A-Bear is an hour away so it'd be a special trip if I do go.

Years ago I signed up at their website and now I'm always getting coupons for Build a Bear stuff in my email.

Just signed up ! Maybe they'll give out a coupon soon. :happy:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:08:37 AM by Sarah Jo »

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »
It's going to be at least 18 bucks, I'd image for the low end. Realistically they'll be $23 a piece as that seems to be the norm for licensed products.

I really will have to use getting my ID card next month as an in to get to the mall for a Pinkie, since the DMV is like right down the road from the mall.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:09:48 AM by Icicle »

Sarah Jo

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
It's going to be at least 18 bucks, I'd image for the low end. Realistically they'll be $23 a piece as that seems to be the norm for licensed products.

Oh, yeah ? That's not as bad as I was picturing.. I'll probably cave. Especially if the special pony clothes are as cute as I imagine. :)

Edit - Mentioned hoping for newsletter coupon and was just told it'll be my Easter present ! Family = awesome
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:18:46 AM by Sarah Jo »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »
I think they are cute but am going to try and avoid them- the LAST thing I need to start collecting is an army of huge plush (the ones I already have take up enough space)   

that said-  I am afraid at least one will manage to sneak in...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 09:43:01 AM »

Build a Bear is a store where you go in, take the empty plush "skin" of a stuffed animal....stuff it yourself (as soft or stiff as you'd like), put a tiny plush heart inside to make it yours , and then pick out whatever clothes/accessories that you'd like to put on them. It's a very interesting place! I think it started out as bears, but now they've got all types of plushies, dogs,cats,bunnies, etc! :3c

Ohh, thanks for the info! I thought they were do-it-yourself kits. Like sewing pattern and such.
I just saw that there seem to be quite a bunch of those stores in Germany! But the prices are outrageous. Since we'll be getting the Nici plushies here, I'd rather buy one of those than a BaB one :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »

Ohh, thanks for the info! I thought they were do-it-yourself kits. Like sewing pattern and such.
I just saw that there seem to be quite a bunch of those stores in Germany! But the prices are outrageous. Since we'll be getting the Nici plushies here, I'd rather buy one of those than a BaB one :)

The Nici ones look super cute- I probably won't be able to get any, as I imagine the shipping will make them incredibly pricey.  However, I do plan on getting any made by this company...  http://4de.com/ponies/twilight-sparkle-105-plush

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
I am getting Rainbow Dash for my birthday.  I hope they have a Wonderbolt outfit for her.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:17 PM »
With my son having Autism and my love of ponies, I'm going to get both. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal