collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just wanted to double check if this is okay...  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Just wanted to double check if this is okay...
« on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »
So this will be my first Fair, and possibly my only one depending on things like locations and costs for me within the next few years. My mother is coming too, so the goal is to try and just be-bop around with her, looking at ponies, making friends, and just having a grand ol' time. :)

But since I'm not vending and won't have a booth, would it still be okay to bring a shoebox full of ponies and old toys to try and get rid of? Some of them might be for sale, but most will be for trade! It's nothing fancy, a couple of G1 baits, some G3s that I like less than other G3s, Blind Bags that were doubles, a Grand Champion, possibly my childhood Puppy/Kitty in my Pocket, fakies, etc.

Is this still okay? I don't have enough things I'm selling to actually buy a table, but it still isn't a table, so is it still allowed?

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+150)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: Just wanted to double check if this is okay...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
Yes.....it is fine....there was people doing that last year...as long as you don't set. Up camp in the middle of the floor...hehe....there were a lot doing  that :biggrin:

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »
I saw someone doing that at the 2011 fair.  As far as I know there was no problem with it :-)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:40 AM »
We have no problem if ponies are traded out of bags ect. We don't have a problem with two of three sales, but please don't bring lots of items to sell out of suitcases. It really isn't fair to those who pay for their vendor booth for the privledge to sell. Last year, was the first year that it was really obvious that people were selling out of bags etc. and we had a complaint or two about it.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:47:02 AM »
We have no problem if ponies are traded out of bags ect. We don't have a problem with two of three sales, but please don't bring lots of items to sell out of suitcases. It really isn't fair to those who pay for their vendor booth for the privledge to sell. Last year, was the first year that it was really obvious that people were selling out of bags etc. and we had a complaint or two about it.

This is a very good point. Vendors are paying a lot of money for the right to sell their items at the fair, it does seem unfair for people to come in with cases full of things to sell without having paid for vendor space.  Pony Fair attendees that have done this are lucky that the fair staff have been lenient - there are a lot of conventions that would kick someone out for trying to sell items off the books.

Like summer said, trading or a sale or two is pretty normal, but if you have a lot of stuff you want to sell you'd be better off looking for someone to split some table space with.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
Alrighty, thanks guys! A shoebox should be fine then? I'm bringing the stuff primarily for trade, but I just wanted to make sure because I knew that you had to pay for vendor space, and I want nothing more than to play by the rules. :)

It's a shame to hear that this has been a problem in the past though. :( If I see something ridiculous come time of the Fair, I will be sure to let you guys know and report it. Ponies are supposed to be for fun, after all.

Offline wingsinmoonlight

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:27:27 AM »
Look me up if you bring the in my pockets- my sis ember is a collector. I;m yesterday's child booth :)
Ebay Pony Sales- Lili-thorn
Custom Ponies, Many Many Vintage Toys, Pony and otherwise
rememberswhen.us

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »
Hmmm... I was planning on bringing some playsets that aren't in the best condition to give away for free if anyone was interested so if I'm not "selling" them is it ok to bring?

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 07:47:51 PM »
I don't have a problem with it either. That's how I ended up with my first Mountain Boy---someone walking around looking to sell.

I'm cool as long as they don't shove out potential buyers ;) Or like was said before---set up camp.

Normally there is a FREE table at the last day of the convention where you can put stuff you would like to "donate" to others.
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 02:23:48 AM »
This is my first ponycon too, but it seems comparable to Transformerscon.  If you have a lot of items to sell, you should pay for a table in the dealer's room; that's how the con can afford to have a dealer's room.  If you only have a couple items, obviously it doesn't make sense to buy a whole table for a shoebox worth of things.

One year at TFCon I approached a friend who had a table and asked if she would sell my 6-ish items in exchange for a percentage of the profits.  She had unused space on her table, so this worked well.  Another year, I went to a room party and sold my items there. 

I've also contacted people over the internet and made arrangements to buy, sell or trade items at the con.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:28:05 AM »
Many folks will bring a few ponies for trades.  I think as long as you don't actually set up a space and try to sell as a vendor skirting around the table rules/limits/fees no one will have any trouble with it.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
Are MLP Fair booths transferable? My bf and I missed out on them, but if someone can't make it and needs to sell theirs, could they? If so we'd like to buy a booth off someone (if not I understand).

ETA: I did see the announcement they have some extra booths on sale Tuesday, but my question still stands in case we miss out on them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:17:13 AM by MintamenaPie »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal