collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 13659 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »
You know, I collect some dolls. I collect a lot more Ponies. But I won't collect these.

Way to slap collectors of 30 years in the FACE, Hasbro.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
Hasbro is being stupid!!!! I will not buy one single thing with these in it.........sorry

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:20 AM »
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so hoping that these rumors weren't true. YUCK!

sailorstitch

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Just from the designs, it feels like it goes against the original character theme of the show-  that every girl is different!  Putting every single one of them in a skirt and makeup seems to miss that point.

I agree.  They're all too similar. :/  So much for "there's lots of different ways to be a girl"...

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »
Just from the designs, it feels like it goes against the original character theme of the show-  that every girl is different!  Putting every single one of them in a skirt and makeup seems to miss that point.

I agree.  They're all too similar. :/  So much for "there's lots of different ways to be a girl"...

Well, let's not forget that the bodytype of most ponies is the same too...The only thing that really makes them different is their hair and personality. I remember something about Faust wanting to make Pinkie Pie a bit chubbier but that didn't happen either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
Yea I agree with the rest of you guys...They are too close to Monster High (which I do not really like) and the clothes are too similar as well, and whats up with all of them having skirts?! Thats not how most girls dress!

I dont believe this is a good concept since everybody have their own idea of how the human versions of the ponies would look as humans. A lot of people will be flank hurt that Hasbro screws up their version of them.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »

Well, let's not forget that the bodytype of most ponies is the same too...The only thing that really makes them different is their hair and personality. I remember something about Faust wanting to make Pinkie Pie a bit chubbier but that didn't happen either.

Different body types would be AWESOME.  But yeah, I guess Hasbro doesn't dig that.  And it would be harder for the dolls to switch outfits and accessories that way I guess.  It just feels like the designers didn't even do the bare minimum to make the girls different from each other with this all females must wear skirts, have super-long hair, and wear makeup garbage.  There is nothing wrong with any of those things, of course, but not every girl in the world looks like that or does those things.  Rainbow Dash with lipstick on and AJ in a mini-skirt creep me out a little.

I like that they added pony ears and wings but why don't the unicorns have their horns?  Really don't care for the face tatts or the makeup.  Also, I thought they had tails at first but they actually just have really long ponytails... Ehhh...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:40:01 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
Okay...they have pony ears and wings. How are they supposed to fit in with the other people at their human school? x_x;; I think the designs are cute, but how are they going to make this concept work? Can they hide their pony features when they want to? In the original concept picture that got leaked, they didn't have the extra features, so maybe that is what is going on. Anyway, I will give the show a chance, if it's awful, I just won't watch it and continue to watch the original FIM. I will also buy a doll of fluttershy if it comes out xp

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
Sorry, but...that is just terrible...If they were normal-skin tones, I might could get it a little better, but just--they--they're ponies! *headdesk*

Tropical Sunset, yes! All of what you said. And you know, there -are- different body types in the show, but more seen in the boy ponies. What about Mrs. Cake and Granny Smith and Babs Seed? Twist is kinda the same body type, but a little different. The variety made them seem more endearing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:53:31 AM by keikokukien »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 08:59:03 AM »
Sorry, but...that is just terrible...If they were normal-skin tones, I might could get it a little better, but just--they--they're ponies! *headdesk*

Tropical Sunset, yes! All of what you said. And you know, there -are- different body types in the show, but more seen in the boy ponies. What about Mrs. Cake and Granny Smith and Babs Seed? Twist is kinda the same body type, but a little different. The variety made them seem more endearing.

I'm pretty sure we will see secondary characters with different bodytypes in the new show. But none of the main characters got a different body type. They look very similar really...

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
Reminds me of when Lisa Frank turned everything into girl dolls. I miss those days when it was all about the rainbow animals

I wonder if this is the new line that Hasbro said was for older audience? Or is that something else?

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
As long as it's just a spin-off, I don't care.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 09:17:23 AM »
What? No unicorn girls?

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »
I knew that they would be people  -_-
and i dont like it so I think I will stop watching.  :sad:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
I really don't get all the hate here. this is a brilliant move by hasbro. I think they are supposed to be like monster high, this is their way of bringing something similar to the market.
I agree though that they need to either ditch the wings and ears, or add horns. They are either antro ponies, or they are girls. not both. I would prefer the pony elements be ditched all together. The outfits do need work. they aren't very individualized to each character.
I'm actually pretty interested to see how this goes.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal