collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So how many members here dislike the g4 line?  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So how many members here dislike the g4 line?
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
me!
this thread needs a poll ha! :)

Sorry, I don't like them either!
I am a G1 person - any pony, any country and colour any..........
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
Don't like them.
I have one G4 (a Rainbow Dash with bangs) and that's about the extent of my first hand purchases.  If they came along second hand I'd probably buy them if they were cheap (someone's bound to want them, even just as trade fodder).  G1 will forever be the "real" my little ponies in my eyes.  Doesn't bother me though that there are loads of other gens out there for people to appreciate, it's better than a dead brand.

Sadly I think a lot of my dislike has come from the (small, high visibility) negative segment of the fandom.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »
I don't like them.  I have nothing positive to say about G4 so I'll leave it at that.

Offline Wind_Whistler

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »
haha I've just realised the g4 look somewhat like G1 Creamsicle....

Offline SwiftStar84

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
 I like all generations. But I do wish Hasbro(ken) would start to listen to more of the fans than just a small group...
PROUD MY LITTLE PONY DADDY! I LOVE ALL GENS OF MLP!
Seeking Mia and Me Unicorns(the big ones) and Fantasy Filly Princess Kayla and Shayna!

Offline Kimmorz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kimmorz.com
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
I'm more of a fan of the show than the actual toy line for G4. Personally I think the main toyline for G4, the ponies are a bit small, and there's really a huge lack of variety. But I really dislike the size. I do like the fashion styles, except the wings- they just look really off and bad, I wish they would make more than just the main characters, and make them a lot more accessible. Really, as far as G4 go, I'm more into collect anything that's not the toys, though there are a few toys they've done that are nice. But yeah, my biggest issue is with the size of them. The G3 line was a good size, in my opinion.

Commissions | Shop | Reference | Wishlist

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
I like to watch the show but I'm not into the toyline too much.  I only like a couple of characters:  Rarity and Zecora.

Basically, I have Fashion Style Rarity and the glow in the dark Zecora.  I will sometimes browse the pony aisle but end up leaving empty handed.  It was different with the G3 line.  I would almost always leave with a pony, especially during the early G3 days.  Not so much when it was core 7.

I had several G1's but only got a couple in stores when I was like 4 or 5.  I actually have a memory of going to the store to pick out my ponies.  My other ponies I got from a childhood friend who didn't want them anymore and let me pick out the ones I wanted.  I loved watching the show, but was more into barbies back then.  Now, my collection has grown and I have the G1 collection I wish I had as a kid.  I don't have as many as most people do but more than I had when I was a kid.  I had a ton of G3's but I gave some of  them to a little girl who lived next door and I wish I hadn't.  I found out from her Mom she hasn't touched them and now the little girl is probably in her mid to early teens and probably won't touch them at all.  A big waste of time.  I wish I hadn't done that because I had lots of early G3's and some are considered rare or hard to find now.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »
I'm more of a fan of the show than the actual toy line for G4. Personally I think the main toyline for G4, the ponies are a bit small, and there's really a huge lack of variety. But I really dislike the size. I do like the fashion styles, except the wings- they just look really off and bad, I wish they would make more than just the main characters, and make them a lot more accessible. Really, as far as G4 go, I'm more into collect anything that's not the toys, though there are a few toys they've done that are nice. But yeah, my biggest issue is with the size of them. The G3 line was a good size, in my opinion.

I agree about the wings-  how hard would it be to design decent wings?  Both "design-a-pony" and the FUnko ponies have great wing molds-  but the Hasbro ponies keep on using those crappy wing designs...just seems lazy.

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
I didn't leik them at first as I htought they looke doto much liek deer or mice!But they grew on me once I got into the show! So I got them cos they reminded me of the show. It's also kidna nice to be able to walk into a store and buy somethign that's there rather than have to scour ebay and thrift stores and flea markets for a change!Don't eget me worng I love old thigns but sometime sit's ncie to get osmethign new too ya know?! :)

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 02:05:02 PM »
In the beginning I was really against the line.  It looked so foreign and it was farther away from a pony then I liked it to be.  Eventually, their cuteness got to me and I couldn't resist.  As with hasbro's newer lines they keep re-styling the main 6 which is quite irritating.  I have decided to only buy g4 ponies that are new and are different.  Or if the set includes something different or interesting.  I do love the merchandise though.  I have so many shirts, belt, jacket. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »
I'm not such a big fan of the gen4 'toy line' however, if I where to choose what I dislike the most out of all the gens that ever came out it would be gen2 and 3.5. I despise the 3.5! They look like dinosaurs with big alien heads.  :whoa: Back to the new ones, like some people have said on here its the show that makes little girls, guys and gals eek at the cuteness. I don't dig there ears, in which I call most of them 'elf ponies'. I'm just mediocre, I don't cringe at the sight of them like I do the 3.5.. but hey, everyone has there own opinions about all the lines which is just a choice of preference I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal