collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Convention nightmares...is it just me? lol  (Read 882 times)

Offline Yatsuhashi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • Ya-Chan's Cosplay Page
Convention nightmares...is it just me? lol
« on: February 03, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »
So usually before a convention I'll get a few convention nightmares....does this happen to anyone else?

i.e.:  I arrive at the convention on time!  I find my vendor booth and start setting up....but I only have five ponies out of the hundred I planned on selling.  I don't have any of the booth display.
My costumes are only half completed....and the materials to finish them are at home.  Parts of the costumes haven't even been ordered yet.  Half of the costumes are still at home.  (Skirts, but no corsets.  Shoes, but no wigs.  etc.)  Tickets aren't printed for admission.
I have some cash, but no debit card to get more....and I realize this after I've already used half the cash I have.  And, because I don't have my debit card, I can't get room keys.

Crazy, eh?  And I get these before conventions about a week or so beforehand.  I must really be thinking of this one because everything in the example nightmare was in my convention nightmare last night!  Ugh.
Well...I guess it didn't help that I was thinking of it almost all day yesterday.  Had a waking nightmare yesterday.  Went to every shoe store in town.  Every.  Single.  One.   And even a few that weren't shoe stores but might have shoes.  I found, in several of the stores, the absolute perfect pair of neon screaming pink heels for my Pinkie Pie....and not a single pair were in my size.  One store even had all sizes but my size.  Waaaaiiiiii.... :cry:

At least I have four more months to get it done!  XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
Re: Convention nightmares...is it just me? lol
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
I've had one before where I had this giant vendor table to set up.  There was the table, and about three levels of shelves above it and I had boxes of giant playsets and things that I was stacking up on those shelves.  And I had to go to a panel in 5 minutes.  But I didn't wake up in terror or anything, I just thought "why the heck would I bring that much stuff to sell and why wasn't it set up earlier?"

Elf

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:04:20 AM »
I had one last night. It was the first one for 2013.  :lookround:

Mine always involve checking people in, not having enough time to set up, missing supplies etc. I spend the entire dream running around getting everything in order and I always wake up exhausted.

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 04:24:09 AM »
I had one last night!  We'd packed the car up and started out, but the bridge over Red River was out!  For some reason, the only way to get to the fair was to cross this bridge.  I was freaking out and screaming, "I am NOT missing out on my first fair!!!"  So I shoved my mother out of the driver's seat, and tried to jump the river.  I didn't make it, but woke up before I hit bottom.  XD  Woke up from that one with a start! :lol:
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »
My con nightmares normally involve me forgetting to GO to the con! Halfway through the weekend I realize that it's the weekend for _____ con and I forgot all about it.

I think it comes from me always being worried that I have the wrong dates. I'm always double and triple checking the dates when I have a con coming up.

sailorstitch

Offline Peppie

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
I had my first one last night. I left out with very little cash and forgot most of my costume and my debt card and had to turn back luckily all that happened before we got out of state.
I encourage you to check out my feedback on eBay and here at the arena.

Nirvana Want List

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
I strangely enough had one last night.  I got there but very few people (and ponies) were there, like people were cleaning up and I had missed it.  The only good part of the dream was I got my awesome custom commission from Elfpony  :P
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »
I had one again.  We got there and all the exclusives where wrapped up in mlp gift wrap.  I tore into mine and fell down crying.  It was a pack with a TAF Firefly, Baby Moondancer, and Pina Colada.  They were all in those horrible fakie molds with the glass eyes like they sell at Walmart.  Someone was filming me crying, "tears of joy" and I didn't have the heart to tell them they were tears of disappointment! XD
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:06 AM »
I strangely enough had one last night.  I got there but very few people (and ponies) were there, like people were cleaning up and I had missed it.  The only good part of the dream was I got my awesome custom commission from Elfpony  :P

:blush: Now I'm totally going to dream that I'm leaving for the con and I haven't gotten that custom done yet!  XD

Elf

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »

:blush: Now I'm totally going to dream that I'm leaving for the con and I haven't gotten that custom done yet!  XD

Elf

lol hopfeully you won't have any pony nightmares  :lol: It's funny cause in the dream I thought to myself, "well even though I missed the fair I am still happy I got my custom!" 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
My nightmare is that I don't sell a single item, and that I see all the things I want to buy but have no money!

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 11:39:44 PM »
I had a weird convention dream the other night.  In my dream, I was at the fair, and I picked up the exclusive pony that we are all so excited and curious about, and it was .... a box of fifty or so Squinkies.  Not even MLP Squinkies, just random animals.  I was really upset, lol.  When I woke up, I thought "Oh Thank God."

Post Merge: February 09, 2013, 11:40:30 PM

I had one again.  We got there and all the exclusives where wrapped up in mlp gift wrap.  I tore into mine and fell down crying.  It was a pack with a TAF Firefly, Baby Moondancer, and Pina Colada.  They were all in those horrible fakie molds with the glass eyes like they sell at Walmart.  Someone was filming me crying, "tears of joy" and I didn't have the heart to tell them they were tears of disappointment! XD

lol

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »
The only nightmares I have for conventions involve getting into a car accident on the way there/home. Runaway tire hits the windshield. Semi doesn't stop and rear-ends us. We get side swiped by a jerk I didn't see (which has almost happened once, in the Chicago area; given said person was doing almost double the speed limit, it's no surprise I didn't see him/her/the stupid head).

I have taken these as a warning from my subconcious to be more alert on long-distance trips, but it still makes for difficulty sleeping in the week or so before the trip. :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Peppie

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »
I was in my hotel getting settling  in and time got away from me. Suddenly I remembered the hall of fame dinner! I hurried downstairs and was one of the last to check in for dinner. At the sign in I was asking where some of my friends were but I could not remember actual names only screen names. I kept saying can you tell me where Elf Pony or Brightglow Pony are? and they kept saying we need real names to try to help you.

I woke up and my friend asked who are Brightglow and Elf?

FYI: If anyone looks for me I'm sure I will be the only one in a wheelchair. LOL
I encourage you to check out my feedback on eBay and here at the arena.

Nirvana Want List

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »
I just woke up from a nightmare!! I dreamt we left late without anything packed. So i didnt have my collectors guide or the pony im trading and the fair itself wasnt really crowded or busy at all.

Im the type of person that obsesses over packing and prepping so it was definitely not a good dream!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal