collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Suggestion for guest at MLP Fair - Rescue At Midnight Castle storyboarder  (Read 868 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://www.superpony.com
Hey, I have a suggestion for a guest for the fair--either the current one or future fairs, if it is too late to invite him for this year's.  It's one of the storyboarders for "Rescue at Midnight Castle", the very first G1 special!   His name is Wendell Washer and I have his email addy if anyone is interested.  (Just PM me.)  He has the distinction of being the one to storyboard THE SEA PONY SONG!!!!  (And other stuff too, I just happened to mention that I loved the sea pony song and he was like, "Hey, I storyboarded that.")

I think it would be AMAZING to be able to have a Q&A with him about RaMC, which I humbly suggest was the BEST G1 EPISODE EVER . . . He also said he thought he had a copy of the original recording of the sea pony song.  (OMG OMG!!!)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+159)
  • MOC Mimic
That sounds pretty awesome!

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
That would be so cool!! Great suggestion :)

It would be really neat to pick his brain about that!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
Hey, I have a suggestion for a guest for the fair--either the current one or future fairs, if it is too late to invite him for this year's.  It's one of the storyboarders for "Rescue at Midnight Castle", the very first G1 special!   His name is Wendell Washer and I have his email addy if anyone is interested.  (Just PM me.)  He has the distinction of being the one to storyboard THE SEA PONY SONG!!!!  (And other stuff too, I just happened to mention that I loved the sea pony song and he was like, "Hey, I storyboarded that.")

I think it would be AMAZING to be able to have a Q&A with him about RaMC, which I humbly suggest was the BEST G1 EPISODE EVER . . . He also said he thought he had a copy of the original recording of the sea pony song.  (OMG OMG!!!)

We could look into inviting him next year. :) This year, we have Bonnie Zacherle as the special guest for the 30th anniversary, but personally, I think it is a great idea for 2014. Please PM me his contact info and we'll see if we can possibly make it happen.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony

We could look into inviting him next year. :) This year, we have Bonnie Zacherle as the special guest for the 30th anniversary, but personally, I think it is a great idea for 2014. Please PM me his contact info and we'll see if we can possibly make it happen.

:like:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
Yes please!!! I would seriously consider coming to the fair next year if there is anything having to do with Midnight Castle!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://www.superpony.com
I'm back!  Sorry, I don't check this board as often as I should.  ;)  Anyway, here is the text of what he sent me.  SweetTune, I will gladly PM you his email addy (and anyone else who wants to email him.  He is a really nice guy.)

Hello [name],

Yes, I am the same Wendell Washer. How many Wendell Washers are there?

It is so nice of you to compliment our work on "My Little Pony." You have gladdened my heart. When we wrote and storyboarded the shows, we commented about how the stories started out nicely, but then had such terrifying villains. This was in the tradition of the great Walt Disney, who placed the wicked crone in "Snow White," and theater owners complained about how many seats were all wet after each show.

And yes, we were eager to use state-of-the-art camera moves, such as the camera rotation fly-by you mentioned. By the way, I storyboarded the Sea Ponies song, and it was one of the most enjoyable sequences in my career. I still have the soundtrack tape around somewhere. I remember that I had to specify each color of the characters to make sure that they would work together in each shot. Thank you for the You Tube link. It was good to see those clips again.

Thank you once again for your appreciation of our efforts. I am smiling as I write this.

Very truly yours,

---   Wendell Washer
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
What a sweet guy and such a nice letter!  It's wonderful to hear how carefully even the colors were chosen for such a fun and classic scene!
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
I would absolutely love to meet this guy at a future Fair. :biggrin: Not only do I love the art & style of Rescue at Midnight Castle, but its really awesome to find people that worked on a project 30 years ago & sound genuinely happy that people are still into it.

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • VNCToys.com
This would be awesome to meet him!! Can we have more than one guest in the future since it is getting so big?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
OMG Yes! I'd ask him to sign a sea pony :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Tirac

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Behold the power of Darkness~
YES. I will sell my organs to go to that convention.

Also, he said something about the music score on tape? I'd LOVE to own a copy of that.