collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 108
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Some vending questions  (Read 1704 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
Some vending questions
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:43 AM »
This is my first time attending as a guest or a vendor and I had some questions I was hoping someone could answer.

First, will there be an unloading area? I have a back problem so it would be hard for me to walk all my stuff back and forth between the building and parking lot.

Two, I've heard that people just leave their stuff there during that night. Is this safe?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Some vending questions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »
Usually you can get help from a busboy to bring things in, and I usually leave almost everything there(not money, though, and anything easily portable worth more than $100. No sense in tempting people!)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:00:42 AM »
I was a little nervous leaving things last year especially as there were evening events in the room, but the staff were awesome about making sure everthing stayed safe. You might want to bring an extra table cloth or sheet to just thro over your table for the night though.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:23:59 PM »
I've never had a problem with anything going missing overnight, the staff is great about making sure everything is secure when there's no one in the room.  An extra tablecloth like NoD suggests is a good easy way to give yourself a little more peace of mind though.

And yes, there's usually hotel staff around to help move your stuff to and from the room.

Elf

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »
I've never had a problem with anything going missing overnight, the staff is great about making sure everything is secure when there's no one in the room.  An extra tablecloth like NoD suggests is a good easy way to give yourself a little more peace of mind though.

And yes, there's usually hotel staff around to help move your stuff to and from the room.

Elf

Also, the main ballroom will not have evening events in it this year and it will be locked on Saturday night until Staff opens it on Sunday morning. We are expanding this year to 2 large ballrooms and another large room so we will have plenty of space for everything!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »

Elf

Also, the main ballroom will not have evening events in it this year and it will be locked on Saturday night until Staff opens it on Sunday morning. We are expanding this year to 2 large ballrooms and another large room so we will have plenty of space for everything!

TWO large ballrooms? *and* another room? WOW! Walking into one large ballroom full of MLP is breathtaking all on its own. This is just getting better and better every time you give more details, Summer!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »

Elf

TWO large ballrooms? *and* another room? WOW! Walking into one large ballroom full of MLP is breathtaking all on its own. This is just getting better and better every time you give more details, Summer!

After last year's increased attendance, we felt we needed more space. We'll be able to have one room for sales and some big events, one ballroom for panels and games, and another big room for crafts and tutorials. I still have more things to reveal too. :) Just waiting on approval and confirmations.

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
Summer, in case you didn't know, you are AWESOME!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 02:32:57 AM »

What she said.  :D

Elf

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:04:00 AM »

:like:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »
Man am I glad I bought three tables! This event just keeping getting better:) Do we have any idea of a floor plan yet? Last year we had no problem scooting our tables together since they were spread out, but do we have any idea how much space will be behind us/ around? I have a pretty good size collaspable shelving set (pretty much what I made my risers out of last year) that I was thinking of just putting between my tables if I can. And will you be doing a seating chart again so we can request where/possibly who so set up next to? I really liked my location last year near the wall so people had plenty of room to shop since I always have so much stuff;)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:16 AM »
Man am I glad I bought three tables! This event just keeping getting better:) Do we have any idea of a floor plan yet? Last year we had no problem scooting our tables together since they were spread out, but do we have any idea how much space will be behind us/ around? I have a pretty good size collaspable shelving set (pretty much what I made my risers out of last year) that I was thinking of just putting between my tables if I can. And will you be doing a seating chart again so we can request where/possibly who so set up next to? I really liked my location last year near the wall so people had plenty of room to shop since I always have so much stuff;)

I'll be sending out vendor information/ vendor request emails in the next few weeks and you'll be able to make placement requests. I'm waiting to get all the licensee confirmations and see if we have any more tables become available before I start collecting info from the vendor guide and requests. I don't want to make more work for myself if I can help it and sending the info out to everyone at the same time should streamline things on my end. :)

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
I was a little nervous leaving things last year especially as there were evening events in the room, but the staff were awesome about making sure everthing stayed safe. You might want to bring an extra table cloth or sheet to just thro over your table for the night though.

That's a good idea.

Elf

That's super! :D

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Profile pic by WrenniePooh:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline d13tp3ps1

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • My store!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
Is it still a possibility that you'll have more vendor tables to put up for sale?
Brain Basket on Etsy-I sell customs, vintage toys, and handmade accessories! Check me out!

:biggrin: I have two commission slots open!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:18 AM »
Is it still a possibility that you'll have more vendor tables to put up for sale?

Yes, we will know by the end of March. If we have extra tables available, we will make an announcement both here on the forum and on Facebook before they go on sale. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal