collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with paypal dispute?  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Help with paypal dispute?
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »
The amount of bad luck I've had so far this year is unreal! But anyway, I bought 6 ponies from a member here on Jan 15th, which I still haven't recieved. I have emailed them a number of times and tried contacting them on facebook, and they've been online and are just ignoring me. I opened a claim 4 days ago.
So How long do you wait to escalate? I also (stupidly I guess) bought more ponies from them 2 weeks ago, which havent arrived either, I know stuff can take longer than that but I've gotten items from the US this week which were mailed last week..and because of the circumstances it seems a bit fishy..lol
Should I open an item not recieved for these too or leave it lie? thanks for help!

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help with paypal dispute?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
I'd say open a not received case. Since it may prompt a response from the seller.
Although its pretty terrible that it would take something like that! :( for them not to arrive now for over a month I think something is up! I don't think you have anything to lose with opening another case :)

I'm sorry for all your bad luck...on the good side I know some ponies are on their way too you soon ;) Hope this helps!

Good luck with everything and I hope you get it all sorted :)

Oh almost forgot...I know there has been some terrible weather in some parts of the US but if the seller isnt from these places then it does seem odd
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:57:31 PM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »
Thanks hun you're a doll..I can't wait to get them! :hug:

Well see they didn't respond to the first one, and I thought maybe they were away or something but their sales website says that they've been online...its not a huge amount ofmoney but they were ponies from my wantlist, its just disapointing! :P

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:44:51 AM »
I would send them another message informing them that you are opening paypal disputes to cover yourself since they can't seem to find the time to reply to you. If the ponies show up, you can always pay them later. The lack of communication is just horrible though. I HATE when people don't answer me. I know sometimes messages get lost or you get distracted.. But it shouldn't happen repeatedly.

Good luck! And don't buy from them again ;)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »
How disappointing for you :(    I know international shipping times can vary, and sometimes mail does get delayed...but the lack of communication is very worrying - especially since you already opened a claim some days back, and there has still been no response.   I would go ahead and escalate it, and explain to the seller in the message , that the ponies have not arrived and since you had not heard from the seller you felt it was best to open the claim to protect yourself. Let them know that if/when the ponies arrive then you'll be happy to resend the payment .  If the ponies arrive before the case is decided then you can close it. If they arrive after you've been given a refund, you can always resend the money to the seller then.
with the second lot of ponies, I would wait a bit. 2 weeeks is not a long time to wait for an international transaction - I'd wait another 2 weeks before going any further with that one (unless of course the seller really turns out to be dodgy or more bad stuff about them comes to light in the meantime - if you want to Pm either me or Ponylady the ID of your seller, we might be able to help a bit more. If its someone known to be dodgy then we can let you know to open the second claim sooner  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »
Thank you both for the advice :hug:

I pmed you Ringlets the sellers name :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 05:17:39 AM »
 :hug: What a huge disappointment!

I agree with Ringlets, if they are unwilling to communicate then the case should most definitely be escalated.  They know the case has been opened and should have responded to that even if they were unwilling to communicate otherwise.

As for the last transaction with them, I would maybe wait a week and proceed.  Although if the first set did not arrive it is rather worrisome  :cry:   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 06:51:32 AM »
Keep us updated! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:46:40 AM »
Okay so a wee update...
She got in touch with me, saying that she has sent three emails trying to get in touch with me. I can't find them at all but anyway, shes friendly and I don't want to think bad of her so...!

I sent her some extra $$ for shipping, she messaged me again though to say paypal is holding funds because of the dispute I opened and would I close it? I've no reason to doubt she mailed the ponies at all and despite the mix up I actually would like to buy from her again, shes sound to talk to and has many I need ;) Should I just close the dispute? I'm inclined to because I don't want to be the cow here...lol!!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Help with paypal dispute?
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 03:38:38 AM »
If you close the dispute I don't think you an open it again. If she's just pretending to be a good person and you close it and she doesn't come through, then you might be stuck.

I would ask her to refund the money first, close out the case, an start a brand new transaction. Then if anything bad happens you still are protected. If she is as nice as she seems, then she should be ok with that.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 04:20:10 AM »
I would not close the case. If you do, it cannot be reopened and you may end up stuck with no money and no ponies.

I am not saying your seller is a bad person but no matter how nice they seem, you have to protect yourself.  And that is a fact  :huh:  If the first set of ponies were indeed shipped then they should arrive to you soon enough I would think and the case can be closed then.

Why did you send her more money though?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 04:23:32 AM »
Thats a fair point... :/

She was short on the shipping costs because her website doesn't calculate proper shipping

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »
So you bought the ponies in January and now it's march. You never received them and never heard from the seller till you filed with paypal. Now the seller wants you to close the dispute, so they can have access to the money that paypal put a hold on.

To me that sounds like it could be a scam. They had over a month to ship the ponies before you filed the claim, so why didn't they?? Now the money is being held by paypal and they want you to cancel the dispute. Sounds dodgy to me. Plus you said you sent more money for shipping, so therefore their claim is invalid. I would not close the case.

And yes, the USPS raied shipping by about 60% last month. It cost me $25 to ship three G3's to the UK and a single fairy tale bird was $12 to Sweden.

Have you checked their feedback here?

However, it is possible that they are still in the mail. I sent a package to hathorcat a few years ago and it was about 2 months before they received it. It is possible they sent the ponies but I still would not close the dispute. If they are lying then you are crap out of luck.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 04:42:55 AM »
I'm sorry, I probably missed a few points! No I never heard back from her at all since payment in Jan, she only finally replied on Saturday, and said she had mailed out Friday (just gone, the 1st) so theres no way they'll be here for a week anyways..

So no its not an issue of them lost in the mail..

I think she has 100% feedback here but shes banned over at the TP for trading issues. I guess as long as they turn up I'll be happy...nothing more annoying than finding a few ponies from the wantlist and being let down..!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:39 AM »
Can you PM me her ID please?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal