collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: In nearly 15 years on e-Bay I get my first neutral feedback  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: In nearly 15 years on e-Bay I get my first neutral feedback
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »
I saw the missing plugs but it was still a great price-  if she wasn't happy she should have contacted you for a refund :(

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
Geez, take a bit from her tail and fill in.  She's adorable!!!!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
Oh gosh I am sorry..since the missing plugs are hard for me to see it would be good to have that listed....however even if you missed it, I cant figure out why she did not contact you to give you a chance.  You are more than willing to work with buyers,  everyone can miss something..sometimes its just better manners to give a seller a chance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
This person has bought from me quite a few times, and I have not had an issue with them. I do agree that she should have contacted you first. But, I guess that if she skipped over it in the picture as some of us have until we took a double look, then I guess I can understand that they felt it should have been mentioned in the listing description? But once again I do agree that she should have contacted you first.

You can email them if you want, and try to work it out. They are actually able to change their review description...I do not believe they can change it from neutral to positive though.

I had some one leave me three neutrals for the three ponies they bought at one time. It was because they thought the ponies should have been bigger in size. I understand the frustration.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
I'm sorry for your Chips!
To be honest - in my opinion these auction was a very good deal for the buyer - look at this cute pony and all the accessoires - normally the accessoires worth alone what the auction goes for...

It seems the buyer was a bit rush with leaving you feedback without speaking to you before. :/

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
Sorry you have to deal with them! I bought your BBE Lofty and she's great  :lovey: They definitely should have contacted you first.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
To be honest, if I had received this pony after winning this auction, I would have been disappointed too. :( You clearly state in your description that "Any MAJOR issues will be noted" but you don't say anything about the missing plugs, you only describe a bit of discoloration on the pony. Some of the photos are kinda blurry when I do the Zoom In feature and even after looking, I didn't see any missing hairplugs until someone here commented to say where they were.

The fact that the auction didn't go as high as normal for this item doesn't mean the buyer can't be disappointed in the item. Having said that however, I think communication is most important in ebay transactions and she definitely should have contacted you to see if things could be solved rather than just leave feedback.

But in the future, please look every pony over carefully before typing up the physical description! Don't just assume people are going to look at the photos to judge the quality of the product. I for one barely look at the photos of pony auctions and I judge whether or not I want to bid by going by the physical description.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
To be honest, if I had received this pony after winning this auction, I would have been disappointed too. :( You clearly state in your description that "Any MAJOR issues will be noted" but you don't say anything about the missing plugs, you only describe a bit of discoloration on the pony. Some of the photos are kinda blurry when I do the Zoom In feature and even after looking, I didn't see any missing hairplugs until someone here commented to say where they were.

The fact that the auction didn't go as high as normal for this item doesn't mean the buyer can't be disappointed in the item. Having said that however, I think communication is most important in ebay transactions and she definitely should have contacted you to see if things could be solved rather than just leave feedback.

But in the future, please look every pony over carefully before typing up the physical description! Don't just assume people are going to look at the photos to judge the quality of the product. I for one barely look at the photos of pony auctions and I judge whether or not I want to bid by going by the physical description.

You have a very good point.  I don't see things in pictures easily and sometimes find pictures deceptive so I totally rely on description also as thats a sellers chance to sell their item as described.  The description really is the most important part.  I also agree that cost really shouldn't reflect satisfaction.  Its an auction and items go for whatever they are going to go for.  Some sell nice and high others sell lower, the buyer still should get what they are expecting...its just totally wrong not to work with a seller if a mistake is made.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
Dragonflitter, I have the same sentiments. If I bought a pony for a great deal that turned out to be not as expected it's still frustrating and doesn't matter if it was still a good price. It means I have money tied up in that item I would have spent elsewhere, or didn't bid on others and lost out on items would have been better suited to my collection. Even worse if it was a purchase for someone else (swap/gift) and leaves me scrambling to find another. Regardless I am not going to fault an honest mistake unless the person I bought from is unwilling to offer a solution.

As a seller there's nothing wrong with making a mistake and missing a flaw on a pony. We've all done it. Even though some sellers can get hostile, or outright refuse to admit any error when one was made most people are lovely and easy to work with. So as always the buyer should have contacted ChipsteRJ first to see if some kind of resolution could be made before leaving feedback. I do hope this can still be resolved, going 15 years neutral free is an amazing accomplishment.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
I really feel for both parties here. I personally would not have been happy with the pony. I do not accept flaws like that at all, and the pony would not be collectible to me. So the fact that the item is not as described is no less of a problem because the item sold under it's percieved value.

However, sellers are only human, and it's possible to miss a flaw, she should have brought the issue to you and given you a chance to resolve it.

I do hope this can still be resolved, going 15 years neutral free is an amazing accomplishment.
Also, this^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:12:40 AM by little.fox »

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 02:49:20 PM »
It doesn't really look too much like a neutral hurt me as it still says 100% in my listings. Yes, I listed many that day and it was during all the rush of the new year and tax season, so yes it was an oversight. I can't stand forelock trims, but a few hair plugs I've learned to deal with.

The buyer does not want a refund... I'm assuming it is because shipping it back to me  from Canada is so expensive and also she realizes she got such a great deal anyway.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »
It doesn't really look too much like a neutral hurt me as it still says 100% in my listings. Yes, I listed many that day and it was during all the rush of the new year and tax season, so yes it was an oversight. I can't stand forelock trims, but a few hair plugs I've learned to deal with.

The buyer does not want a refund... I'm assuming it is because shipping it back to me  from Canada is so expensive and also she realizes she got such a great deal anyway.

Yea I wouldn't want to mess with that either if I lived in Canada. A neutral doesn't change your feedback score the same way a negative will.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
:S yeah, she'd be out a decent amount of money sending her back to you. Do you have to get sign on delivery for a return, or just tracking?

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »
:S yeah, she'd be out a decent amount of money sending her back to you. Do you have to get sign on delivery for a return, or just tracking?

Just tracking is needed for a return.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 02:47:35 AM »
The neutral wont hurt your 100% rating thankfully, but its frustrating to get one in these circumstances - Its such a shame that this buyer didnt contact you about her disappintment first :(  Anyone can occasionally make a mistake when listing  .
 Ok, maybe she didnt want to have to return the pony to Chip, but she could have mentioned the unlisted flaws  in a message and seen how Chip responded before leaving feedback.  It would have been disapponting to receive a pony with flaws she wasnt expecting, but its not fair on the seller not to give them a chance to sort things out. 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal