collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me melted ponies and other mistakes  (Read 4807 times)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me melted ponies and other mistakes
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
This is actually a customizing mistake, but I had used the wrong paint (I'm still working on rehairing this stupid thing) and her head fell over and one side of the paint on her face got totally messed up, I was so furious I couldn't see straight.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Before I knew what I was doing, I got 2 magic message ponies with grimy hair and bodies but perfect symbols and decided to wash them in *hot* water - and then watched in horror as their symbols slid off before my eyes.  :(
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »
I have made mistakes when i was younger, like washing the hair wirh s o a p.
Im sorry, dont throw fakies at me.  :yikes:

i didint have internet back then either, so i couldnt look for tips and such. Now im still wating for the day when i will open a pony up for the first time..

>_> You're not supposed to use soap? I use body wash, shampoo and conditioner with my ponies.

And Rachel-Eyes, everything you say is 2000x funnier with your avatar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
I think she means the regular soap that isnt meant to be "good for your skin" like body washes or anything like that? :lol: Soap that makes the hair really dry. I used to wash my ponies with soap and water when I was a kid. I had to re-root most of my childhood ponies, they were horrible.  :shocked:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
"oh, it's rust stains, and apparently toothpaste will help. SCRUB!" Big mistake. Her once silky tail is now really frizzy. :yikes:
Aw, conditioner didn't fix that?

I haven't done anything too terrible that I can remember...mostly, my mistakes have been sun-fading related. I know I tried to fade a Starshine and a Gingerbread (which is how I learned about pony sunburn!) But they were pretty bad to begin with. And I left my childhood TAF/Sunshine Sundance near a window for years, so she now has solid white hair. And I somehow faded the symbols on both a Peachy and Bow Tie even though they were covered with painters tape...still haven't figured out how that happened. And Like apparently everyone else, those temperamental Magic Message Ponies! I tried to cover they symbol of one  for sunfading, but the glue of the tape stuck to the paint and took part of it off! The symbol didn't work anyway, but it still looked nice before that happened!

Oh, and in a reverse problem, I've had a pony CAUSE damage...I think I put a G3 with the magnet on top of my TI calculator >_<

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
oh gosh, I still feel so bad about what happened today... my daughter Larissa had saved a lot of pocket money, so she was able to buy Talking Princess Cadence today. She was sooo happy with her and we unpacked her in the car on our way home. She hugged and cuddled Cadence all over but then she noticed some ugly spots of golden paint from her hooves which were sprinkled all over the ponies´ belly. I told her not to be sad and that I would remove the stains with nail polish remover. Well... when we came home, Larissa went to meet her friends and the local children activity group so I had time to clean the pony. *sigh* Nail polish remover didnt work. Not at all. So I decided to use the stuff I use for my G1 ponies when they are stained, sticker-remover to be exact. And what happened?? Cadence now has a white-stained belly, the cleaner etched her body badly and guess what??? The golden paint is still there -_- . I feel so so so bad still about what I have done. Larissa was soo sad when I confessed it to her. :( Well,... she still loves her new pony. And luckily you wont notice it, when Cadence wears her beautiful gown. But still... ive ruined her :( Gah... why does Cadence had to be that sensitive. Ive never had any problems with the stuff and any other pony :/

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »
See these beautiful vintage (although bait) baby G1s?

They got a little acetone bath to help dissolve their paint/stains and also their neck seal.

I guess you really can't tell from this picture too well- but one melted completely and another will be good for nothing but a zombie pony custom.

It was traumatizing.

LOL and it looks like it makes the colors fade too. I haven't used acetone for anything but removing one cutie mark.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
Wow... reading this is very informative and terrifying. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

Yeah so just so you know, you kind of made my night  :rofl: I knew the buck-tooth Sea Pony was a good idea for a switch!

"oh, it's rust stains, and apparently toothpaste will help. SCRUB!" Big mistake. Her once silky tail is now really frizzy. :yikes:
Aw, conditioner didn't fix that?

Sadly, no. You know how you get a "bath toy pony" where it was obviously played with in the water and it has the horrible frizzy, water damaged hair? That's the consistency that this tail has. I've tried conditioning it again and it just simply isn't working. :( It may be time to consider a flat iron, but I don't even use them on my own hair and I'm terrified of ruining frizzy pony hair due to inexperience.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »
Sadly, no. You know how you get a "bath toy pony" where it was obviously played with in the water and it has the horrible frizzy, water damaged hair? That's the consistency that this tail has. I've tried conditioning it again and it just simply isn't working. :( It may be time to consider a flat iron, but I don't even use them on my own hair and I'm terrified of ruining frizzy pony hair due to inexperience.

I flat ironed a baby sea pony, and no amount of flat ironing could get its hair un-frizzed. The ends are still terribly coarse. I don't think you could ruin frizzy bath toy hair, just make it a bit more manageable. :P

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »
I have made mistakes when i was younger, like washing the hair wirh s o a p.
Im sorry, dont throw fakies at me.  :yikes:

i didint have internet back then either, so i couldnt look for tips and such. Now im still wating for the day when i will open a pony up for the first time..

>_> You're not supposed to use soap? I use body wash, shampoo and conditioner with my ponies.

I meant normal soap. :P Nowadays i do use conditioner and shampoo, but as a kid/pre-teen i didint. 

Thank you :heart:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 12:08:30 AM »

I flat ironed a baby sea pony, and no amount of flat ironing could get its hair un-frizzed. The ends are still terribly coarse. I don't think you could ruin frizzy bath toy hair, just make it a bit more manageable. :P

That gives me quite a bit of hope actually because I have a Baby Waterlily (my only G1 thrift find actually) who was super grubby and had AWFUL hair. Absolutely dreadful. I've cleaned her up and she looks better than what she did, but the hair is still really rough to the touch. I've wondered if I should flat iron it, but this makes me feel better about not even trying if the water damage really is beyond repair.

But hey, that makes her a super cute rehair candidate!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 06:04:56 AM »
This thread is so informative and scary! My Princess Misty was supposed to be a swap gift, but she had these strange marks on her knees.
I had already learned about Mr. Clean Erasers by partially erasing Chief's symbol (scariest moment of my pony life when RED started to appear on the eraser!).
I had learned about sunfading when all the strawberries on Sugarberry weren't red anymore.
But hey, what's this Removezit stuff? That seems like the perfect plan!
Did you know that Removezit just keeps on removing? Forever? So her knees went from stain-free (hooray, it worked, now I'll just clean this stuff off....) to lilac  to pure white. I hope whoever bought her found a way to stop the knee-lightening, or soon they'll be invisible!
Now we only removezit the white ponies.
I'm so curious what pony I will mangle when I try the acetone bath!

Where's that picture of the melted Sugarberry? A long while ago someone overbaked her, I still have nightmares about that picture! It makes me keep away from baking anything onto a pony!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 06:11:59 AM »
I'm so curious what pony I will mangle when I try the acetone bath!
I was under the impression you should never soak ponies in acetone, just wipe them down with it, then wash it off. Especially harder plastic ponies, like G4...

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
My little cousin (she's 5) got ahold of my absolutely perfect Tux n' Tails with perfect factory curls and took him "for a swim." :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
and my almost bait piggy, when I took the seal of her neck cause she was nasty inside, a chunk of her neck came off and the rest came off normal
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

OMG  :yikes:

And OMG piggy!! :yikes: I bet you were devastated! :hug:  how does she look now?
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal