collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a problem with an arena member please i need your help  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with an arena member please i need your help
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 08:35:51 AM »
I think I am confused.  I think I don't understand/understood what's happening here, maybe private mod intervention like ponylady offered would be best?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:30 AM »
Yeah, I don't think any solution will be reached here, no matter how much we speculate.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2013, 08:39:09 AM »
I think I am confused.  I think I don't understand/understood what's happening here, maybe private mod intervention like ponylady offered would be best?

I agree with you. I really hope that both of them will contact the mods and work all the particulars out and get a resolution that is fair.  There are just so many unanswered and confusing aspects to this transaction.  Only the mods have the expertise to know how to help in this situation.

Post Merge: May 14, 2013, 08:41:08 AM

Yeah, I don't think any solution will be reached here, no matter how much we speculate.

Yes because I know for myself that the speculating might not be what happened and going over and over that will not be helpful to anyone.  It does present good questions to ask, but Mods are much better at this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:41:08 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
I agree the best way for this to be resolved is for the parties involved to contact a Mod. It is so confusing at this point, thus me asking about customs forms  >_<  I meant insurance but I am so used to dealing with customs it is stuck in my head with trying to follow all that is going on.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
There shouldn't have been any need for a customs form, as both countries are within the EU and therefore customs does not apply. However, was insurance requested at any point on the package? If there was no insurance and the parcel has gone missing, there is not a lot the seller can do, other than the standard refund from the Spain postal service.

I can say that on my paypal account, I only have a credit card set up on it. When I send as gift, I have the option to pay the fees myself or let the recipient pay them. If that is what happened and the option to pay the fees oneself was not selected, that is likely to be how it was sent as a gift but still with the fees for the recipient. Since it was paid in installments over a period of time anyway, the use of the gift option is something of a moot point.

I simply copy LadyG's comments, as this is exactly our case. I did include a description of used horse pony figure. No, insurance was not requested, the refund is the standard one, yes.

The gift issue, as Insep said herself, is not the point, since it wasn't the problem. Should it be a problem, I did ask for gift at first -as I mentioned earlier- at first installment but since I got charged the fees, I assumed they weren't done so. No need to send them as gift afterwards or at anytime, since, again as LadyG stated, it's over the period of time in any case being paid as installments.

Unfortunately, nothing new can be added in the thread, I believe, as many of you have said.

I can provide tracking document with all details of shipping, claim form that I filled in, claim form with resolution, and receipt of what Spanish postal service has issued, to any Mod that needs this.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2013, 01:56:42 AM »
The problem with insurance, in france when you add it, in case of loss, our post office ask an invoice to proove the value of the item. As ponies are used toy we cannot show the value and accordingly the post office doesn't refund... maybe it's the same in other countries ?

Snow you can ask a mod about the negative to turn into a neutral feedback, i'm not here to ruin your reputation but i was just angry about no communication these last month as i'm waiting since november 2012. I also have 100% feedback here and on ebay but a problem can happen sometimes (10 years collecting) i'm just very surprised that a tracking parcel can be lost, it's the first time since i started collecting.

Please send me a copy of the tracking document stamped by your post office and make communication.

thanks
i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2013, 05:55:24 AM »
The problem with insurance, in france when you add it, in case of loss, our post office ask an invoice to proove the value of the item. As ponies are used toy we cannot show the value and accordingly the post office doesn't refund... maybe it's the same in other countries ?

I don't know anything about what's going on here but I'd thought I'd tell you how insurance works.

The fact that you paid $400 for the item, and she shipped it to you, is proof enough that the item is worth $400. To show proof of the value, you would show the mail people the Paypal invoice.

However, let's say you shipped a $400 vintage pony to a family member as a gift for their birthday. It would be harder to prove since the receiver didn't pay for the item. As you said, vintage ponies are in a realm that people wouldn't understand their value. I'm not sure how proving that would work.

Now I'm in the USA, but for here, that is how insurances for ALL the delivery companies work (FedEx, UPS, USPS). You just show that the receiver paid so-and-so for the item and that is what you are owed. Of course, you have to insure it for that much to begin with.

I would assume it's not different in France or Spain.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »

I don't know anything about what's going on here but I'd thought I'd tell you how insurance works.

The fact that you paid $400 for the item, and she shipped it to you, is proof enough that the item is worth $400. To show proof of the value, you would show the mail people the Paypal invoice.

However, let's say you shipped a $400 vintage pony to a family member as a gift for their birthday. It would be harder to prove since the receiver didn't pay for the item. As you said, vintage ponies are in a realm that people wouldn't understand their value. I'm not sure how proving that would work.

Now I'm in the USA, but for here, that is how insurances for ALL the delivery companies work (FedEx, UPS, USPS). You just show that the receiver paid so-and-so for the item and that is what you are owed. Of course, you have to insure it for that much to begin with.

I would assume it's not different in France or Spain.

Not in this case. She undervalued the package on the customs form. That is why she only got 40 back on it from the post office. You have to declare full value of the items your sending and what your sending. They are not going to give her a refund simply because she paid $400.00 for it. You need to mark it $400.00 on the package, otherwise you are pretty much screwed. Marking it for lower, results in the person it being shipped to paying little to no duty fees on the package.

If the sender was to have actually marked that package at a value of $400.00 her duty fee would be a pretty penny.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
There was no customs form and nothing to declare, since they're both in the EU.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
hmmm. Was not enough insurance purchased then?

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
Insurance was not purchased. The money Snow got back was the standard amount for a tracked parcel.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »
There was no customs forms in this.  But what happened was that this seller did not purchase insurance.  Based on her comments it appears that she didn't ask the buyer if they wanted full coverage (still have no proof as this question was never answered).  So, since the buyer didn't ask for full coverage insurance, the pony wasn't insured and the refund is only a basic small amount.  This has nothing to do with customs...It was not insured by the seller.

Even in the USA you have to pay a fee for what insurance you want.  If its not insured even here the item will not be refunded by USPS.  This however is another country.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
{locking due to all the unwarranted confusion going on} The Mods have been contacted and we are now dealing with it. Thank you~PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal