collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a problem with an arena member please i need your help  (Read 6657 times)

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with an arena member please i need your help
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »
I repeat that i have send money as "gift" throught paypal but She had fees because it doesn't work if you don't have money on your paypal balance (a friend told me this now). Futhermore i had try to make a claim with paypal before the 60 days end and paypal reply me that as it wad gift i cannot get the money back. I'm not lying, i want to insist on this.

I wanted to have your opinion about asking a refund (partial or not). Ok she send it by tracking and the tracking stop when the parcels arrived in france so i don't know anything else.

I'm not here to make a trial to silversnow (that's why i haven't put her name). I just want to know what you advised me to do.

:-)
i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:33 AM »
You shouldn't have to do anything.  According to the communication with silversnow they have launched a claim with the post office and they are awaiting the outcome of that investigation before they settle this issue with you.  Really that's the best thing to do.  Wait and see if the post can find the package and either forward it on to you or return to sender to her.  I don't think it's unwarranted for her to wait on the outcome of the investigation before issuing you a full or partial refund.  You just aren't at that point yet.  Communication is open and she is working on her end to resolve the situation to a mutually beneficial place.  I understand you are nervous because if you did send as a gift there is no way to force a return.  But when you send as a gift you are accepting that risk.  If the parcel is not found and a claim is denied you should revisit the loss to try and even it out, but until that happens or they need anything from you it's best to wait and keep in contact.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
I repeat that i have send money as "gift" throught paypal but She had fees because it doesn't work if you don't have money on your paypal balance (a friend told me this now). Futhermore i had try to make a claim with paypal before the 60 days end and paypal reply me that as it wad gift i cannot get the money back. I'm not lying, i want to insist on this.

I totally don't think anyone thinks you are lying at all.  Your seller is doing everything she can as she mentioned, I agree with Sarahlace...its a good idea to allow the time for these proceedures to take place and claims to be filed and an outcome to result.  Then you will have a better picture of what the next step should be reguarding refund.  Thats the best advice you will get is to wait right now as mentioned...until you are at the refund/partial refund position.  That may not even be necessary if they can find your package and get it to you. :)

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
I don't think anyone thinks anyone is lying-   

I know what happened- you sent it as a gift, but if you try and pay with a credit card, you have to either pay the fee yourself, or paypal charges the fee anyway.

But I don't think a paypal refund would be appropriate yet anyway-  sounds like there was tracking, and the package is in Paris and held up for some reason.

You know- I do remember this happening to me once and it turned out that the local post office (it was the Royal mail in that case) had decided for whatever crazy reason to slap on a customs charge.  They had never left a slip with the recipient so she hadn't even known.   

I would follow up again with the Paris post office (using the tracking number) and see if that is not the case?  Otherwise- at least wait and see what happens.  Sounds like one way or another it will work out since the package was insured.

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 01:52:54 PM »
This!
My greek Ladybird was held in customs from the 30th Dec until the 12th of Jan before any movement because of her declared value. If she is held up in a customs area and you have the tracking details could you not phone them and ask them for details using the number? If the pony has been scanned in their end with no further movement it stands to reason she is either lost, stolen, or still there. I'm sure that customs should be contactable (from my experiences anyway!). If she had a declared value it would make sense her stay may be longer whilst customs do goodness knows what to the package!
I don't think anyone thinks anyone is lying-   

I know what happened- you sent it as a gift, but if you try and pay with a credit card, you have to either pay the fee yourself, or paypal charges the fee anyway.

But I don't think a paypal refund would be appropriate yet anyway-  sounds like there was tracking, and the package is in Paris and held up for some reason.

You know- I do remember this happening to me once and it turned out that the local post office (it was the Royal mail in that case) had decided for whatever crazy reason to slap on a customs charge.  They had never left a slip with the recipient so she hadn't even known.   

I would follow up again with the Paris post office (using the tracking number) and see if that is not the case?  Otherwise- at least wait and see what happens.  Sounds like one way or another it will work out since the package was insured.

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Yes I also think that parcel has to be "somewhere", and if the last movement was in Paris, it has to be there. If not, I am also in the belief that it will arrive to either Insep or to back to me... I am taking contact with the postal services this weekend to see if they can tell me something else but I am being patient, I mean I try to stay positive and I'm sure either way, we will work this out, with or without the pony. Thanks everyone for reading.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline crystaldrake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • CrystalDrake - EBay
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
Just to add a little information which might help? I had a similar situation occur during the same time period with a package that was sent from the USA on Nov 28th, and arrived in Paris, France on Dec 4th (if memory recalls correctly). The package contained several G1 ponies. Luckily, I shipped the package via USPS Priority Mail. Although expensive, it was still insured.

The package showed as "delivered" at the Paris post office. However, the customer stated that they never received it at their apartment. I then filed an investigation with the post office; and they launched a joint investigation with the French postal service. The French postal service confirmed that the package was received by the destination post office but was never delivered to the customer? (To date, I am still not sure if this is because the customer needed to pick up the package and pay customs fees as anything over $50 USD requires fees to be paid by the recipient???) Anyway.... After the investigation was concluded, either myself or the recipient could file a claim for the funds (including the cost of the ponies and the shipping fees). The USPS strongly suggested that the recipient file the claim; however, Paypal determined that the funds should be refunded to the recipient and that I should file the claim... So,  we did just that and after an additional 30 days had past I was able to recoup the funds from the claim process.

One more thing.... The French postal service requires 18 business/working days to complete an investigation.

Again, I am not sure how much help this is, but I had a similar experience during approximately the same time period. Hopefully, this might help provide a little bit of additional information that might help you to recoup the funds. My own experience with this situation has made me *very* grateful (beyond words) that I shipped the items via Priority Mail instead of standard post.

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 03:00:11 AM »
Hi everybody, any news there : i still never had recieved the parcel and no news and no refund from Silversnow... i cannot be happy with her now !

I think i will post negative feedback here, the post dated from february and no more news since ...

For me it's close i won't make anymore transaction out of ebay, it's the second time here that i never received the pony..
i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 03:42:29 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this! I was really hoping for a good update  and the pony arriving after all this time   :cry: 
When did you last talk to SilverSnow?  did she ever let you know how she got on with contacting the post office? :what:  she did say that she would try and work things out with you with or without the pony - I hope that is still going to happen.
You can leave feedback for this transaction - if you and Snow do work things out in the end, then you can always ask to revise feedback later if you wish

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »
Hello.

I said I would take contact as soon as I would get news from the post office, which I have just gotten THIS WEEK.

Of course I have tried to do my best, but after making the claim to the post office, they have taken all their time to reply. Since February, no news. And I have checked the tracking on my own. That's why, obviously, no refund has been issued nor several messages as up til now, since I had nothing new, unfortunately, to say.

So, for them, the package is lost and this case, for them, is closed.

I have to let the OWNER of the pony this, since I got the letter and I haven't spoken to her yet, to let her know about the situation.

I received a message from insep.lovebirds, and in the same inbox folder I have a negative feedback in my 100 % 8 years Arena account. Not to mention almost 1000 on Ebay. I do believe I have always been a honest seller and I have always helped during this case. I don't think I deserve a negative at all. Not only because I am not the owner of the pony, but because I have done all my best and the tracking is there, the package is there, somewhere in Paris, and I did my part completely. It's not that I have failed in any of my commitments as a seller. So believe me when I tell you that this negative has frustrated me very much and I am very unhappy about this. So, it's obvious that the "I think I will post negative feedback" was not a thought at all.

I will speak to the owner of the pony this afternoon, if she can talk today. And let you know. I'm in the middle of this, and now I have been attacked where it hurts me most.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 07:01:23 AM »
How frustrating to hear!  :(  I just don't understand... if you are paying for tracking, signature on delivery, etc., why don't the post -people bother to DELIVER it? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 08:23:14 AM »
because France has a horrid mail system. If you have taken a look at what you CAN NOT send to France, many sellers will not ship to this location. Toys being one thing since what is only allowed is: Toys not made wholly of wood. This would include your plastic ponies.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
because France has a horrid mail system. If you have taken a look at what you CAN NOT send to France, many sellers will not ship to this location. Toys being one thing since what is only allowed is: Toys not made wholly of wood. This would include your plastic ponies.

Ponies are not Toys :) but Vintage Collectible
or Used Horse Figure
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
I don't think it was right to leave negative feedback for Silversnow.  It isn't her pony, it isn't her money, and if the person whose money it is won't give a refund, what is Silversnow supposed to do about it?  Why should she, who did everything right here, be out 400 Euros for a pony that isn't even hers?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:33 AM »
I agree negative wasn't warranted.  Of course they were awaiting the outcome of the postal investigation before they issue any kind of refund.  They are protecting themselves and you.  They want all parties to be made whole again. They don't want you to be out the money.  They don't want to be out the money themselves.  It's not negative service.  They cannot help how long the investigation takes.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal