collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a problem with an arena member please i need your help  (Read 6625 times)

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
a problem with an arena member please i need your help
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
I bought a pony to an arena member (can i post the username ?), i pay through paypal by "gift" as she asked me to avoid her "fees". The parcel was send with tracking number on novembre 02 th of 2012 and i never received it.

I make a claim to my french post office but as i'm not the "sender" i can't do anythin then i asked to the seller to make a claim but she told me that i have to wait 6 months to have an answer from her post office. Futhermore i cannot make a paypal claim because i send money by "gift".

I also aked her a partial refund but it seems that she does'nt want. I think i'm not guilty and i loose a lot of money (400 euros) then i wanted to have your advise if you already have this problem ?

Thanks for your help.
i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with an arena member please i need your help
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
I am sorry you are having trouble with a member.  If you wish you can PM Ringlets or I to help further assist you, if you are not wanting to post the members ID at this point in time.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »
I hope the mods can help - that's quite a bit of money to lose out on!  :(  Paying by gift is so very risky because Paypal doesn't allow for a refund to be filed... 

*pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
Well first of all if it was sent with tracking, what does the tracking say?

If it is marked delivered then the post office/seller may not be at fault.  You might be the victim of mail theft.  This is a crime so you can get the police involved and file with post that way.

Also if it flags as delivered I can see why your seller doesn't want to do a partial refund. Maybe if you give them copies of the police report/mail theft report they will be more willing to compromise.

If it doesn't say delivered then you might want to wait a bit maybe its just held up somewhere.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:27:01 AM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:25:32 PM »
From where does the parcel came?
There are a few countires when you ship from there the tracking isn't tarckable in France... that is very difficult.

Maybe you can contact the seller again and she can open a claim at her poct office?
When it was send with a real trackingnumbershe can open a claim - the post will search for the parcel and when it is lost the seller will get a refund from the post.

This process can take a while - because the post service from teh other country will stay in touch with the local post system - but it can take a while until they get reply...

I hope you both can work this out.

But please keep also in mind - when it was an oversea package that it can also take that long - becase it was send around the holiday time. There are always a few parcels that can take much longer then expected.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:42 PM »
That's terrible that a package got lost!

I would give it some time (and I mean months)  the U.S. post office will make you wait quite a while (I forget how long) before you can even make a claim.  I think the reason is that so VERY VERY often packages get misplaced in transit and then turn up again.  I've had a box go missing for 3 months only to finally turn up.

WHat does the tracking say?  I assume it was sent by registered mail?

It's occurrences like this that make me very very very nervous about sending anything abroad anymore.

I sure hope your package turns up soon and you can work something out with the seller- hugs to both of you.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 08:30:07 AM »
Oh man, that's awful! :( Never send a Paypal order as a gift, especially one with a payment that big!

I really hope the post is just late and your pony shows up!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
Was it a US seller? A while back one of the mods on here told me that they USPS can use the customs number for tracing as it is scanned in BUT they cant do anything unless the package has been missing for several months. No idea if this is true or not though

also - maybe the mail is very slow? It too 6-8 wees for a package I sent to reach Germany and a few years ago I sent a package to hathorcat and it took several months for it to arrive  >_<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:48:18 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »
I always get worried when I send someone a payment as a gift. I worry that I will not get my side, or that pay pal will put a hold onto my account. I hope the pony does show up!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Was it a US seller? A while back one of the mods on here told me that they USPS can use the customs number for tracing as it is scanned in BUT they cant do anything unless the package has been missing for several months. No idea if this is true or not though

I had to make a claim a number of years ago- and I seem to remember the post office allowing you to make a claim pretty quickly- but they won't actually DO anything until 2 months (or something like that) have gone by- given the frequency with which international packages get delayed in transit.

Very frustrating.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »
I think you should be entitled to at least half of the payment you made.

By her asking you to send as a gift she went above and beyond doing that and should be willing to assist you in the matter.   If you had not sent as a gift you would have had the funds back into your account by now.

You are Both out on this
If she refunds half to you then when / if the pony shows up for you at some point you can pay it back to her
or if the pony is returned to her or her Countries Postal system Refunds her for the Loss she can pay you the other half.

If you are having trouble I think it would be a good idea to have a Mod intermediate.
I don't think this member whats to be known as a such a seller in the Community which is whats going to happen when you post her name in this thread and she's put on the bad trader List

Good Luck with this, I sincerely believe she should refund you at least half at this time.
:hug:

Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
Hello everyone!

I haven't seen this thread until now so I haven't been able to reply.

I am in the middle of this since I am not the owner of the pony, I sold the pony to insep.lovebirds but the pony was not mine, so the money is not mine either.

Insep.lovebirds and I have communication so there are no bad issues between us... I mention this since I read her post and it seems there might be a lack of communication but there isn't.

Firstly I have to say that the money was NOT sent as gift. If it was sent by gift, I didn't get it as gift. You know sometimes you want to send as gift and paypal doesn't give you the possibility to (I have tried and sometimes it works, sometimes not, I think it might have to do with the type of account or with the country where the paypal has been created). I got the installments from her and I had to pay the fees from paypal as a normal transaction, and of course I can prove this as everything is stated there. Insep.lovebirds, I told you in the first installment that the payment went through normally, with me paying the fees as usual.

When I posted the parcel I even paid (on my own behalf) the express service since I thought insep.lovebirds would love to have it earlier... and how on earth could we imagine that this parcel would stay in Paris... :(

Yes, the parcel arrived (from Spain to France) in just a pair of days to France, and it says it is in Paris. Tracking number says it is there.
Insep.Lovebirds is from France, so that is, the parcel is in the destination country.

She claimed to the French post and they told her I had to claim from here, which I have done, but since the parcel IS in Paris and it's final destination, French post has their hands on the package. It does NOT take six months, what I said is that I had six months to claim, but I already did.

I am still waiting for a reply from the Spanish post to see if they have sorted something out or if they have any other information. I think it's totally unusual that something like this has happened.

We even agreed (insep and I) to send the parcel at the beginning of November to avoid Christmas time and all that fuzz with postal service... and as said, the package got to France in just a couple of days.

So, the thing is, I have claimed and I am waiting for a reply.

And, as many of you might know me and purchased/swapped/traded, you know I know what I am doing and I am reliable, and again, I am in the middle of this and I am totally gutted about this since it's not even one of the ponies I send (and I send SEVERAL ponies a month and have never had problems in all these years) and now I help someone to sell their ponies and this happens :/ boo.

I personally think something has happened in Paris, and Insep.lovebirds told me she had spoken or read about other parcels from other people getting stuck in Paris, so that means there is a problem in that office, or whatever the place all those packages are. This is something that should have been mentioned too. And, I have never said my friend is not going to refund anything, the thing is we had to claim first and that is what we have done and are waiting.

Edited for spelling.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:15:16 PM by Silversnow »

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
Glad  you checked in on this post Snow
and added more information to the thread.

It's too late for any sort of refund to be requested from pay pal as it's the end of February and this has been going on for awhile now.

What are  the thoughts from the party you sold the pony for...
The pony will probably eventually come back to Spain or be pushed through to insepid in France.

Shel-t* Ponies

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
Oh gosh Snow I am so glad you checked in, but I can only imagine the stress you are feeling since this was not even your pony to sell and you didn't keep the money yourself. What a horrible situation to be in.  The fact though that you have proof it was sent is very good, and you know where it is hung up...sadly none of us can control our packages once they leave.  Very good you can do a claim on it though.  I am very sorry you both are going through this.  It will be a huge blessing if you can get the pony back at least to possibly resend it using another method...or issue a full refund if your party is willing.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »
Oh my goodness  - how awful for everyone involved in this :(  t\hank you for posting here to clear things up a bit Snow :hug:    Its obviously neither the buyer or sellers fault here so I'm glad there is a claim with the post office since there is proof of posting , where the item is stuck etc.  I do think that the pony will reach one or other of you eventually - it cant stay at the Paris depot forever.. but its taken a really long time already and I can understand why everyone is upset right now.  Since you both are having communication I'm sure something can be worked out until the pony arrives at one of the destinations. Perhaps either a full refund (if the PO has given Snow a full refund) or half refund since its not anyones fault but the PO and its not fair for buyer or seller to be out of all their money (the money refunded can be paid again once the pony arrives safely)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal