collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which option do I pick?  (Read 652 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Which option do I pick?
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
I'm a big confused by the new mail system. I know priority overseas has tracking right? I'm sending a box to Australia and attempting to figure the price. THe box needs tracking and insurance. Which option do I pick?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Which option do I pick?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
Priority comes wih tracking/delivery confirmation and automatic insurance up to a certain amount. The person at the post office should be able to tell you what that is - I don't remember. I think it may vary by country and declared value, but I know it's included.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:56:31 PM by NoDivision »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
The po told me the only way I would get true tracking was to send registered or express as only international express has true tracking. Thats way too expensive. I sent mine registered and I can see my mail is now in the right country.

When I went they said priority did not include tracking at all and I thought it did. This was three weeks ago.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:26:23 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
I've always been able to view tracking information for parcels sent priority to me in the past but that's as much help as I can be.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
The po told me the only way I would get true tracking was to send registered or express as only international express has true tracking. Thats way too expensive. I sent mine registered and I can see my mail is now in the right country.

When I went they said priority did not include tracking at all and I thought it did. This was three weeks ago.

This is also what I was told... last year. u__u; To which I was sending an expensive doll, and it horrified me. It was also explained to me that it depends on the country's post office, of what real service the package was going to get.

But most people assume that priority has tracking... but it's not what the post office considers to be "true" tracking, but rather like delivery confirmation... it might be scanned, it might not be scanned.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

The package going is pretty pricey so registered package would be safest? Ok when I go to the ups site does it typically say registered with it though? I see my first class and priority just not the other.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
If you register it, it would be an add on service for about $12-13 more. I personally think that priority would be a good option...

Tho it's kind of weird, I don't see an option to insure it with first class. But there is always 3rd party places that you can insure it with. (I've never used one, but I've read some people who ship often for ebay use this option because it's cheaper and better than the insurance the USPS offers).

^^ I always hate bumping, so I'll edit to say -- even if you can't do it online, it still shows you a price for what it'll cost in the post office. And registered isn't true tracking either, it's description pretty much describes it as a delivery confirmation service as well... and that it's handled differently than other mail... and the destination post office has it's own set of rules of how to handle that mail as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:01:22 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »
You cant do registered online. It has a form. Priority will not give you a true tracking number. I went to the po and paid like 12.50 or something on top of my box shipping and it includes insurance.  The onlything is you cant tape up your box with your tape..you haveto use a special po tape and they will give it to you. That is a usa requirement.no tape onthe box...they will make you take it off.

My box was 4 pounds but yes first class can be registered.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal