collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shadowlark's Cleaning/Restoration Thread (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 22755 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Shadowlark's Cleaning/Restoration Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »
Wow, those So Softs turned out beautifully! The flocking looks so clean and lovely. Great job on the earlier projects, too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowlark's Cleaning/Restoration Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
Bump! My first deflock added! I bought a pretty manky SS Shady on ebay just to try deflocking. It was going great until I got to the part where tutorials say to use Jasco. Couldn't find Jasco anywhere! So I had to resort to rubbing alcohol and elbow grease!  :lol: Took longer, but I think she looks pretty good for a first attempt :)

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
Re: Shadowlark's Cleaning/Restoration Thread (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:15 PM »
Sprinkles, Firefly, Dancing Butterflies, Baby Moondancer, and Friendly & Princess Tiffany added! Mr Clean Magic Eraser to the rescue again! Can't believe how well they clean up - especially Princess Tiffany & Friendly!  But man, her tinsel is driving me bonkers. I originally was going to curl her hair like Dancing Butterflies, but when I took the rollers out, the tinsel just went everywhere! So tried going for straight hair, but it's still not going where it should!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:10:56 PM by shadowlark »

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:47 PM »
Rosedust & Morning Glory added! Got some repro wings on ebay so they can finally fly again!

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »
Awwwww, fabulous job! I love seeing restores. Their little faces look a little happier afterwards.

TwilightOwl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
They all look great. I love seeing the before and after photos. There is nothing like a shiny clean pony :glitter:

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
Thanks guys!  That's all I have for now - poor Minty is waiting for new hair, and Majesty, Moondancer and Seashell are all being sunfaded, so who knows how long that will take. Majesty and Moondancer look slightly whiter after a week, but not much. They I'm planning on redoing their symbols, so we'll see how that goes!  Seashell is trying to sunfade the ink on her, and then getting a dye job to re-purple her.

I'm bored without any ponies to clean! LOL  I might have to go find some manky ebay ponies to hold me over! Maybe another so soft to deflock!

Ladypom

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
Wow what a difference. They look wonderful  :biggrin:

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
Wow, you have done an amazing job - they don't look like the same ponies!  :shocked: 

The So Softs are so bright and fuzzy and Braided Beauty's hair looks wonderful with those curls.  :inlove:

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
Wow, you have done an amazing job - they don't look like the same ponies!  :shocked: 

The So Softs are so bright and fuzzy and Braided Beauty's hair looks wonderful with those curls.  :inlove:

Aww thanks!  :blush:  It's amazing what Mr Clean Magic Eraser & lots of conditioner can do!  :lol:

I'm really pleased with the So Softs, especially SS Twilight! They're so soft thanks to ample amounts of conditioner. I just bought two more So Softs on ebay (SS Gusty & SS Hippity Hop) so we'll see how they turn out. Hippity Hop is probably getting a deflock based on the pics on ebay, but I'm hoping I can get Gusty cleaned up. :)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
Oh gosh, I love these kinds of threads!! You did such a great job cleaning them up! They look awesome and I'm so happy you were able to find them and bring them back to life!! Keep up the pics!!!

Offline akutenshi7

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Copper Gear <3's Silver Streak
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:39 AM »
What glitter did you use on Firefly?  I'm interested in trying to reglitter a few of my own childhood ponies.  :)

Great job with the clean-up and such an awesome collection!
 | Want Listvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shenanigans, January Joy, and BTD for the super cute adoptables!

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
What glitter did you use on Firefly?  I'm interested in trying to reglitter a few of my own childhood ponies.  :)

Great job with the clean-up and such an awesome collection!

I used this stuff - the company is called Creatology. I got it at our local Michaels in the kids craft section. I think they have smaller packs of 6 and maybe 12.

I mixed the dark blue & silver together in a little container, then painted the symbol in Elmer's craft glue. Then, make sure the pony is on a piece of paper and just dump the glitter over the glue. Then I just tapped/banged her on the desk a couple of times to get off most of the excess glitter. All the excess goes on the paper so you can put it back in the container for later use. I waited a few minutes, then very gently just pat down the glitter over the symbol to "smooth" it out a bit. Then I sealed with mod podge. I let her sit overnight, then the next day just took a damp paper towel and removed the remaining excess glitter. :)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
very nice restorations! i have a couple in states of partial deflock, but im having the same jasco problem haha! didnt think of trying rubbing alcohol tho, i was using pure acetone to get the bulk of the fuzz off but ive backburnered it for now (was down to glue and fuzzy symbols and didnt want to strip them XD)

for glitter you might want to look into Folk Arts glittery paint. wonderful stuff! Michaels carries it in their paint section. =] no mess. i usually do a couple coats of it, seal it, then do one more coat over that just to wake up the sparkles a bit more (cause the topcoat dulls it a bit)

i keep meaning to try the magic eraser but every time i go grocery shopping i forget it... ill have to try to remember next time i go there to raid the twistie ties in the produce department :ninja:

Offline shadowlark

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
very nice restorations! i have a couple in states of partial deflock, but im having the same jasco problem haha! didnt think of trying rubbing alcohol tho, i was using pure acetone to get the bulk of the fuzz off but ive backburnered it for now (was down to glue and fuzzy symbols and didnt want to strip them XD)

for glitter you might want to look into Folk Arts glittery paint. wonderful stuff! Michaels carries it in their paint section. =] no mess. i usually do a couple coats of it, seal it, then do one more coat over that just to wake up the sparkles a bit more (cause the topcoat dulls it a bit)

i keep meaning to try the magic eraser but every time i go grocery shopping i forget it... ill have to try to remember next time i go there to raid the twistie ties in the produce department :ninja:

Yeah, I used pure acetone for everywhere but symbols/eyes and then scrubbed SUPER hard with rubbing alcohol over the symbols. It was a pain, but Shady looks soooo much better!!

I saw the glitter paint, but was scared to try mixing blue and silver  :blush:  I'm useless when it comes to stuff like that. It was much easier for me to just mix the glitter in a paint pot :)  But one day I'll brave the glitter paint!

Definitely try the magic eraser! They are fantastic!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal