collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antro Ponies... For Real?  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Antro Ponies... For Real?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
*eats popcorn* This is what I missed about being active in pokemon fandom, the amount of blatant lies that would crop up.

EDIT: To further elaborate, I have seen some verrrry nice fake magazine pages in pokemon fandom. Including ones that were even in Japanese.

*passes over soda to go with popcorn*

Have you seen the latest ones of a new eeveelution from CoroCoro?  Now I'm wondering about those... :(

But yeah, we've seen so many beautiful Pokémon in the past little while especially, it's a wonder the designers have anything new to go on.

Ooops, off topic... :lookround:  So... how about those anthro Mane 6?  I'll totally pass... but I wonder what the buzz is over in the, er, FiM fandom?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
*eats popcorn* This is what I missed about being active in pokemon fandom, the amount of blatant lies that would crop up.

EDIT: To further elaborate, I have seen some verrrry nice fake magazine pages in pokemon fandom. Including ones that were even in Japanese.
This.
Pokemon has had a crazy amount of hoaxes, and taught me to just sit back and be patient.  The truth always comes out in time, so it's best to not jump to premature reactions.

keikokukien

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »
Did'nt the Barbie toy line get backlash once before because their purple fairy Barbie was somehow "racist?" I never got it, but seriously, what happened to keeping My LittlePony..Um, ponies? <_<

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
:popcorn: :soda:

I agree with a "wait and see" approach. It's hard to say whether this is a definite reality or an elaborate fakery to get people worked up. In either case, we'll still have our FiM pony episodes and our FiM pony toys to enjoy.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
I don't like the idea at all. I thought those G3 anthro figures were creepy, and I don't find the G4 anthros any better. I'd much rather see them use the resources to make more new episodes faster (instead of waiting months and months for a new season) than to make any spin-off. And if they make toys to go along with this spin-off, I can only imagine it's going to take away from the regular MLP toys (because stores are going to lump them together) so I really would just rather they go back to making lots of new characters, and also maybe making some new molds for the ponies. Yeah, I know it's unlikely, but I can dream, right?

flutterwry

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
Urgh. These sketches disturb me on so many levels... I hope you're right with the assumption that they are a fake and just another strange idea by some Bronies.

Anyone wants my popcorn? I'm not hungry any more.

Offline Telofy

• McDonald's Pony
  • Love and rationality!
    • View Profile
    • Your Siblings
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
@Flutterwry: Are you a linguist? (Because of “wug life.”)

And the humanized ponies and Equestria Girls are real. I’ve known that from a few less citable sources as well, but I also emailed the editor of Kidscreen, who confirmed the veracity of the scan. Here is Doc’s article on DHN. However—and thank Celestia!—Equestria Girls has no bearing on FiM’s season 4, so only one Meghan (with and without “h”).

majikarte

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »
I'm interested and curious, and I'm not worrying at all about this affecting the main series, however, I am concerned that if those designs are real, they feel really generic and don't fit the characters very well. Having ALL of the characters wearing knee high boots and short skirts is ridiculous, even more so when you actually consider what some of the characters are like. I guess it works okay for Rarity, but Applejack?

This looks like the kind of show Faust didn't want MLP to be.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
I'm quite sure it's real. I didn't like the idea at first but I'm not going to make a big stink about it. Bronies are taking it worse than the Twilight alicorn thing.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
I, for one, am SO EXCITED OMG. A second series? Those designs are sooo cute and there might be DOLLS. Oh wow, this is amazing. As long as it's a spin off and not a replacement, I'm good. >w<

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
Only if they make Flutterguy...

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
I, for one, am SO EXCITED OMG. A second series? Those designs are sooo cute and there might be DOLLS. Oh wow, this is amazing. As long as it's a spin off and not a replacement, I'm good. >w<

I'm with kelpie  :biggrin: DOLLS YAY! I know this is totally the bury-her-in-fakies opinion, but I think they're adorable :heart: And as long as the article's legit, they aren't replacing ponies--just an alternate universe, basically.

I am very excited to have Doll!Fluttershy beside Pony!Fluttershy on my shelf  :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
Yay, Zombie! Someone who agrees! I really like that they have been inspired by fanart. I mean, it doesn't say so, but it's quite obvious. These are very similar to what most fanart I have seen looks like. Especially RD and Pinkie.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »
This sums up my opinion perfectly:

:silly:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »
I hope this isn't true because while I love dolls Hasbro already has enough properties they can make dolls of without having to humanize the ponies. What about Blythe, Strawberry Shortcake, and Jem?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal