collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Contest Entry Questions  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
Contest Entry Questions
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »
I am thinking of entering some of the contests this year and i have a few questions for you veterans.  I've only been to one show and it was before I started customizing.

Custom contests
1. Are some gens more preferred than others?
2. My design involves an animal companion of sorts is that ok or would it not be permitted as the same piece?
3. Will the entries be so amazing that an intermediate entry will be laughed off the table?
4. If you can attend Sat but not Sun can you still enter and have someone bring the custom home for you?
5. Do folks share their designs before they go or is it really secretive?

Costume
1. Can I dress my baby up and enter her in the contest?

Any other advice is appreciated.  I don't think I will place but I'd like to participate so I have something to look forward to.  Thank you!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
Re: Contest Entry Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »
I don't know the answer to your questions but even if a baby "couldn't" be part of the costume contest (that would be a shame) it would be fun to see the little ones all dressed up!  *Pictures baby as a baby pony* *aawwwww*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
I'm sure a baby could be part of the costume contest. There was a kids level last year.

As far as customs go:

1. I've seen all gens, it's usually a fairly wide spread
2. I know there have been entries that were a pair or set of ponies, so I don't think that would be a problem
3. There is usually a very wide range of customs, from beginers to veterans :)
4. I beleive so, yes, just as long as someone picks up your item. They basically just don't want thigns getting left.
5. I think it's usually pretty secretive. The voting is blind so there aren't names attached to the ponies.

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
I am thinking of entering some of the contests this year and i have a few questions for you veterans.  I've only been to one show and it was before I started customizing.

Custom contests
1. Are some gens more preferred than others? No, but contests are judged by attendees.
2. My design involves an animal companion of sorts is that ok or would it not be permitted as the same piece? That's fine. :)
3. Will the entries be so amazing that an intermediate entry will be laughed off the table? Of course not! We encourage all levels to enter so everyone can enjoy your talents!
4. If you can attend Sat but not Sun can you still enter and have someone bring the custom home for you? Yes, you just have to let the Fair staff know this information when you register your custom on Saturday.
5. Do folks share their designs before they go or is it really secretive? People usually keep it a secret so it is a big surprise!

Costume
1. Can I dress my baby up and enter her in the contest? Yes!

Any other advice is appreciated.  I don't think I will place but I'd like to participate so I have something to look forward to.  Thank you!

Hope these answers helped. Sorry I missed this post until now!

Summer

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+593)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:42:30 AM »
Custom contests
1. Are some gens more preferred than others?
-no....but most seem to be g3 bases, until last year which had more g4 bases or other gens turned g4. you should make what you like!

2. My design involves an animal companion of sorts is that ok or would it not be permitted as the same piece?
-one year there was a G3 Chief with a dog companion and it won a prize....
most are just the pony though as that is the focus of the contest

3. Will the entries be so amazing that an intermediate entry will be laughed off the table?
all skills are there, and people have different tastes. just b/c something is done amazingly well doesn't mean it's something someone would like to vote for, and just because something is more "intermediate" doesn't mean it's not such a cool concept that people wouldn't want to vote for it :)

4. If you can attend Sat but not Sun can you still enter and have someone bring the custom home for you?
probably. I know that you have to attend the fair to compete (ie you can't send your custom with someone while you do not attend at all)

5. Do folks share their designs before they go or is it really secretive?
almost 100% secret ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal