collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Facebook poll on official MLP page - TRU figure set!!  (Read 20004 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: Facebook poll on official MLP page - TRU figure set!!
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:17 AM »
ok, so I think rarity got a new head mold and a new tail? They chopped it off!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's probably a nod to the scene where she gave part of her tail to the serpent, aka Steven Magnet.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
I don't think the shadowbolt RD is actually part of the bug TRU set. Most people are speculating that she's the 'new Zecora'  - that she'll be a special single release. Otherwise they probably would have displayed her with brushable Chrysalis and the others.

Yes I believe thats exactly what she is. The set is made up of the same number of ponies as previously so Shadowbolt is a stand alone like Zecora.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

StarberryTart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
From the looks of some of the close up pictures of RD, she might glow in the dark. Her costume has a greenish tinge to it that it normally doesn't have in the show because it's purple.

I'm not sure why they picked Lyrica at all for that extra pony. As far as I knew, fans didn't really notice her except to tally up her appearances on the FiM wiki list of all the ponies. I would have thought a pony like Bon Bon, Berry Punch, Octavia, Big Mac, Braeburn, Daring Do, Lightning Dust, Spitfire, Caramel, Fiddlesticks, Golden Harvest, Lily Valley, Roseluck, Time Turner/Doctor Whooves, Nurse Redheart, Screwball, Flitter, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, Raindrops, Snowflake, Wildfire, Minuette/Colgate, Dinky Doo, Twist, or Silver Spoon. Those are characters that pretty popular with the fanbase. Unless they just wanted to bust out that new head mold, I have no idea why they picked her, especially since she has Lyra's cutie mark.  :blink:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
^ maybe because she has lyras cutie mark? to save production cost?

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
Someone joked earlier that they must have picked Lyrica at random out of the FiM wiki... I wonder if it was a random pick, or if we're supposed to see her in a bigger role soon? :0 Either way, sort of a weird choice, and there are lots of other background ponies I would have liked to see instead. But a new pony is a new pony, and she's sort of charming!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »
New pony brushables are always good at this point!

I do have to say though....We have Lyra x2 brushables now, and if they proceed with another Lyra blind bag that'll make 3. Seriously? Make Bon Bon instead.....talk about obsessed much!

Lyrica is pretty but again same cutie mark.  :blush:

Other than that, some pretty cool stuff coming and now we have hope again!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
It looks like Nightmare Moon is colored a little differently.  Like she's a little more like Princess Luna colors but she's still black and in the same pose as Nightmare Moon.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
ok, so I think rarity got a new head mold and a new tail? They chopped it off!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's probably a nod to the scene where she gave part of her tail to the serpent, aka Steven Magnet.

Yep- in some other pic you can see the serpent she gave her tail too-   It appears they are pairing the new Fluttershy with the Manticore- so I guess they will be little sets based on the original episode where their harmony element is revealed... cute idea!

I'm dying to see them.

I'm also a little surprised about Lyrica- especially given the re-release of Lyra who is so similar (and who we have already) - I definitely would have rather had a Bon Bon, or Bic Mac, or Spitfire-  who all seem more popular-  but at least she's new!

The re-release of Shining Armor isn't as annoying as it could have been as I know a lot of people would like to get this guy without the castle-  overall I'm very happy about the set!

Post Merge: February 11, 2013, 03:58:13 PM

Blind Bag Chrusalis looks so much better than the brushable. I understand that holes would be hard to manufacture, but the recycled mold really kills it for me because she has the foot ornamentation that the princesses have still. .. And those wings! Please only be a prototype! To me, it's more irksome than Vinyl's eye dents last year!

Oh that's a good point!  Maybe the Chrysalis we are seeing is just the prototype and they will fix her design (and at least her wings for crying out loud) by the time she is released this summer-    I really really hope so-  otherwise she is totally getting her wings cut from her body and new ones affixed...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:58:13 PM by Galactica »

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
Honestly I'm thinking that a lot of these ponies are prototypes; it seems to me that if they were the completed product we would have seen them in their package too? Maybe that's just me being hopeful for a better Chrysalis though.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
Well they are definitely prototypes-

the question is how "finished" are they- and how much will the final product deviate from what we are seeing now?  Sometimes it seems like some major changes are made- and sometimes- nothing.

I am hoping they were pressed for time and didn't "finish" the design for Chrysalis yet...

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01:30 AM »
Hear hear! Dear Leader needs some more suitable wings. Aside from that, I hope all the really good looking prototypes like DH/DD, the sun pony, and shadowbolt Dash don't end up losing detail in the process, like what happened with the wedding castle. It would definitely bug me if Dash lost the blue and purple in her mane or the details on her costume the way Cadance lost her gradiented wings. :huh: We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »
I'm so happy with the characters in this set... A regular size :muffin: Pony has been my grail since I started collecting  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal