collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!  (Read 6207 times)

Offline n66x

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 06:39:25 AM »
Maybe they"ll also create human girl dolls that will cosplay as their favorite characters from the show just like you see the fans dressed in conventions hence the name 'Equestria Girls'?

Anyway, what i wish we would see as a toy one day is those huge brushables from the San Diego comic con 2012 but that's a long shot,uggh: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=493528057331303&set=a.134316363252476.23944.118429394841173&type=1&theater

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
When I was a kid, I never bought the Megan and Sundance G1 figures. I bought the singles, the playsets, the pony outfits... but not Megan and Sundance. My MLP world was ponies only! XD

If the 'Equestria Girls' trademark is for a forthcoming line of human dolls, I won't be buying them. I wish Hasbro luck and hope the dolls do well for Hasbro sales, but I also hope Hasbro doesn't forget the pony part of their MLP line. Nothing but 'Core 6' brushables and then brand new humans for the rest of the G4 line is not going to make me a happy collector. (But it will definitely save me money, I guess!)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
I remember when that trademark info. first came out and thought maybe "dolls" was used generally for a "girls toy" but I'm not sure I realized the earlier trademark does say "pony". I'm taking await and see approach to this info. because I don't want to worry myself over assumptions but admittedly the thought of humans possibly being introduced into FiM and the toy line makes me cringe a little right now.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »
It would be cool if they had FS ponies that could move their limbs. If that could count as a doll, I'm totally for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »
Well... that's a shame. :( Aside from that new Spike figure and maybe even Alicorn Twilight, there's nothing really I'd find that interesting.

I guess Hasbro decided to give up all together and only try to cash in on the Mane 6. And this is what makes me feel annoyed about this whole thing...

Remember back in the 80s when Hasbro first produced "My Little Pony"? How each year they would release new and different figures? True, many of those figures shared the same pose, and not every gimmick was that much of a great idea (like the Dance n' Prance and Soda Sippin' Ponies), but still they were trying to come up with all the different ways to keep the people (especially kids) interested in their products.

This here... this is all looks like Hasbro's creative drive has gone down the drain. I'm sorry, but re-selling the same figure with different accessories and in a new packaging is not being innovative. It's just being lazy and a major cop-out at that.

It's just as if they're being scared that if they're gonna tiptoe outside of their "comfort zone" and make something original, they're gonna lose customers. Which, in reality is quite the opposite.

I hope the situation's gonna change sooner or later... I'd hate to see one of my favorite toylines degenerate into this ugly sludge of blandness.   

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
Well... that's a shame. :( Aside from that new Spike figure and maybe even Alicorn Twilight, there's nothing really I'd find that interesting.

I guess Hasbro decided to give up all together and only try to cash in on the Mane 6. And this is what makes me feel annoyed about this whole thing...

Remember back in the 80s when Hasbro first produced "My Little Pony"? How each year they would release new and different figures? True, many of those figures shared the same pose, and not every gimmick was that much of a great idea (like the Dance n' Prance and Soda Sippin' Ponies), but still they were trying to come up with all the different ways to keep the people (especially kids) interested in their products.

This here... this is all looks like Hasbro's creative drive has gone down the drain. I'm sorry, but re-selling the same figure with different accessories and in a new packaging is not being innovative. It's just being lazy and a major cop-out at that.

It's just as if they're being scared that if they're gonna tiptoe outside of their "comfort zone" and make something original, they're gonna lose customers. Which, in reality is quite the opposite.

I hope the situation's gonna change sooner or later... I'd hate to see one of my favorite toylines degenerate into this ugly sludge of blandness.   

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
Oh I remember that Equestria Girls registration - whether thats to protect the trademark or for an actual line I dont think anyone knows for certain. However, HB do seem to like the Blythe/LPS set up so I dont think I would be too surprised if something similar came about. I would be in two minds - I am a massive Megan and Sundance fan so I think I would probably buy them but only if its a one off and not a completely new direction for the line, i.e. every pony comes with a doll - that would start to defeat the purpose of MLP for me.

And RAMChYLD awesome point on that Rarity RC car! I have promo shots of the car and Rarity from over a year ago and assumed they had switched it out for TS at the time...guess it was always in the running.

As for new - to be honest I think the main 6 trend is working for them - I expect to see a Collectors Set, a special figure release [probably Discord], 4 new brushable characters, a new way to release the CMC, a couple of new bolt on playsets and the car. Honestly...I dont expect to be wowed by anything else. Although I would love to be surprised!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »
 :sad:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:01:10 PM by Artsy Craftsy »

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »
Come on HASBRO...!! REALLY?? :sad:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
I haven't been in the loop with that... so of course I haven't said anything about it XD
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:17:10 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »
Equestrian girls
Are they "furry" versions of the mane 6 ?    Some kind of fan club?  I'm just racking my brain for what it could be ...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:09:31 AM by Sunset »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
wait... wait.  HUGE STUFF? is coming this Spring?!?!?    Remember last year the new stuff was the wedding castle and (for me) the Fashion Style Shining Armor...   Did this thread just take an awesome turn for the optimistic?

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
Girl dolls you can put on the ponies to ride? Man I have no idea.

I hope that Princess RC car has at least a separate frequency from the other two RC cars.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:52:42 PM by StarlightGaze »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »
  Some kind of fan club?  I'm just racking my brain for what it could be outside of human shaped dolls...

Ohhh, fan club! That would be cool! They had that back in the 80's, it'd be great to see that back!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
Gahhh I wanna know what's coming!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:27:54 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal