collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!  (Read 6208 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »
I wonder if an email asking if this human-pony art was official would get an honest answer from Hasbro?

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »
I wonder if an email asking if this human-pony art was official would get an honest answer from Hasbro?

might be worth a shot

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »

I suspect that whether or not it's official, they probably would give a generic "we don't have that information available at this time" answer or something. If it IS real, they wouldn't want to say so and give it away this soon. If it's fake, they probably wouldn't be like "yeah guys stop freaking out, everything's cool!".
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2013, 10:32:04 AM »
Well, I hope it's fake. Seriously, how does THIS fit into the franchise branding?!?

Then again, Hasbroken has been doing some pretty crazy/stupid stuff lately, so it's still possible. Either way, they better have the sense to stop calling these "ponies". Bad enough G4 doesn't look much like a pony. I have a FRF Butterscotch - FurReal Friends Butterscotch - and comparing it to the real horses I've seen on my last vacation, that's a pony. The closest to it from the MLP franchise, I'd say, G3 or G1 Tales. But this takes the cake of pony InNameOnly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:25:56 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

No-  they would not answer.  The release of information about new/future toy lines is super regulated because of corporate espionage and the like.  So they release just enough information to sell the product to get people excited and give just a bit more info to consumers such as TRU-  and the rest of us have to wait to see what products that TRU (and the rest) pick up.

It's not just Hasbro that copies other companies- they ALL do it.  Repeatedly.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »

I actually think that RD is wearing a skirt, too.  She just has a pair of biker shorts on underneath.  I don't like how all of the skirts are super short.

Blarg, you're right! Can I just say there is not one single thing about this image I like at all? If anyone wants me, I'll be over there in the corner making gagging noises.

Of course, chances are this is just some troll laughing it up somewhere in their own little corner of the internet, so amused that they have everyone going "!?!?!?!"
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
Ahh, I feel bad. :( I'm really stoked over the idea of human dolls based on these characters, especially if they are high quality items, but it seems to be upsetting to a lot of people...

I think these designs, if they are legitimate, are adorable, but I'm not entirely pleased with them having the same body types and height. Then again, I guess, the FiM main cast was designed the same way.

Based on what was said at the investor event, I think Equestria Girls will be basically separate from My Little Pony, which is why they took out a new IP instead of slapping "My Little Pony" onto merchandise marketed towards teen+ girls, because if they are going to solely use human characters for this line, then "pony" has no place and they know that. I agree that Hasbro probably wants something to compete with Monster High's popularity and thought they could get ahead by using characters people already know and love (I've heard talk that Celestia will be included in this special as well, so no doubt other characters will come along in time if it's successful). If they thought they could rope long-time collectors and bronies in with it, clearly they thought wrong as from what I have seen, the vast majority of both groups are pretty displeased with the idea.

If dolls are what they're going for, I am also confused about it being geared towards teenagers (and older, they said, but I'm guessing teens are the main market here). As others have said, with the exception of teen collectors, teen girls aren't exactly snapping up dolls left and right, even interesting or "edgy" ones like Monster High. I honestly thought it was going to be purely merch when I first heard about the IP--t-shirts and the like. I don't know how well their products aimed at teens and teen girls sell at Hot Topic (shirts, lip gloss, wallets, nail poilish, etc.), but if it does well, then there was no need to take the pony characters out of it. I'm also not sure why they would introduce their teen line through Friendship is Magic, a show aimed at young children that airs on a channel also aimed at kids. That makes absolutely no sense to me, and I can't help but wonder if this leaked information was conflicted somewhere along the grape vine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »
Judging by the fact that the word "fake" is in the image url, i'm gonna take a wild guess here and say not real...

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
I really don't think this is a big deal. It's not like a show about human ponies would replace the regular show and toys. It's just a spin-off. It probably doesn't even tie into the canon of the regular show, just like a lot of other product these days. So people who don't like it can just...ignore it?

I think the concept is interesting. I'm curious to see what they would do with it if it is real.
I'm far more bothered about the fact that brushable toys, a real element of MLP, is getting so very ignored by Hasbro.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »
Oh yeah, that pic. That background really looks legit to me. Perhaps they will get a red haired friend that looks like that sun/fire pony that we saw at the toy fair.  :P

I am interested to see where this will go (or if it is simply someone that was good at copying the background art style of the show).

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »
Hmmph... I don't like the idea of humans spewing from MLP. I didn't mind when G1 did it, but they had humans from the start, G4 does not. If this is released as a one-time go, I'd probably get Fluttershy for my army and that's it.

I'm just thinking, what if this is a look into G5?  :shocked:

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
G5: My Little Preteen, Fashion is Magic!

I doubt Hasbro would completely abandon the 'pony' in MLP, so we'll probably be able to ignore this incarnation of it in favour of FIM and move on--if it isn't some elaborate hoax, that is. Hasbro would have a lot of neigh sayers to contend with if they scrapped ponies entirely after all; which also means losing money in the process, and who wants that?
:silly:

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
I don't really like this... But I would buy just one :P

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
I would buy fluttershy and rarity dolls. If this was real :) this is what I envisioned upon hearing "equestria girls", or at least one of my immediate thoughts.

I'd still much rather have Brushable ponies, but thy are kinda cute.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
well news on the equestira girls...guys it's been marked as a RUMORED spin off but it looks real have a look at the stuff I found on some other sights

and look Trixie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal