collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How will you travel?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline BabyBlueRibbon

• Trade Count: (+371)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bu884wztwz4so2/AAD_kw1sL0fybkjpPzWjK7gLa?dl=0
Re: How will you travel?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
Driving a fun filled 12 and a half hours from eastern NC....and possibly picking up a pony friend on the way through Kentucky.   ^.^

(My costumes are afraid of flying...oh noes!  lol)

I am so unbelievably excited for this. :) Fun times ahead. :)
ITEMS FOR SALE Note items are in flux, and not up to date. Just Ask. :)

My MLP want list --My G1 LPS want list --

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
We'll be driving up, and spreading the drive out over two or three days.  :) It's a long drive, and I'll have to have some time to stretch and stuff with my back. It'll for sure be me, my mom, my 12 year old cousin, and MAYBE my dad and 9 year old niece.  All our stuff will be crammed into the back of my mom's car. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yatsuhashi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • Ya-Chan's Cosplay Page
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
Driving a fun filled 12 and a half hours from eastern NC....and possibly picking up a pony friend on the way through Kentucky.   ^.^

(My costumes are afraid of flying...oh noes!  lol)

I am so unbelievably excited for this. :) Fun times ahead. :)

:tackleglomp:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
Roomy, Stormrave, and I are driving from Ottawa, Canada.  Two of us (whoever's not driving) will no doubt be covered in Ponies.  The car is going to be packed - I'll have to sell stuff or I won't have room to bring home the new stuff.  :P

Elf

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
I thought I'd put up a thread about how people are getting to the fair (car, train, plane, etc.) I personally will be flying there from Minneapolis.

I'm driving from Minneapolis, and picking up my "sister" and a friend in Albert Lea before continuing the journey. Google has estimated 14 hours from Albert Lea, but I'm assuming 18, given that I like to stop and stretch my legs and eat during road trips. I'm renting a mini-van for the trip, so hopefully will have enough space for everything, but I'm still sorting and organizing ponies.

This year however I will have a vendor table I'm sharing with a friend, and I'm wondering how people get all that stuff down there. I know most vendors probably drive but I won't be able to.
The primary reason I drive is that if your luggage goes missing - regardless of whether you're bussing or flying - and cannot be found... I don't need that kind of stress. Not on vacation, anyway. Grayhound specifically states that they do not want that kind of thing on their buses, and they will not reimburse for lost merchandise.  I'm already anxious enough for the trips, I don't need that added anxiety. :D

That, and I have display stuff; that doesn't really pack well, if at all, sad to say. :huh:

Anyway, the plan right now is to leave "early" Thursday and get there Friday sometime, so we can see some sights before the con. If your flight plan falls through or you otherwise change your mind about flying, we can see about making space for you in the van. :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
Really torn. I'll be flying. But I'm considering flying into Columbus, OH and driving to Indianapolis (3 hour drive), or flying into Indianapolis and driving from the airport.  I'm taking off the entire week, so I've got time to do either way. I figured I could find a few antiques shops with ponies in them (ha!) or just see that part of the US I haven't seen before.

I'm also interested in what there is to DO in Indianapolis. I'd like to be there for the fireworks, but it doesn't look like there's much else on the official city website right now.  Summer festivals, farmer's markets? Anyone from that area can let me know?  That would influence when I'd come into Indianapolis as well.

BTW, for anyone who is flying in, it's a 40 minute trip from the airport to the hotel (both are on either ends of the city).  You may want to meet up with other pony people and catch a ride together, because I'm sure that's going to be pricy.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Disney Princess and Pony Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
Ohh that 40 minutes info is extremely helpful to have. Yeesh that will be quite pricey indeed. Do you think the hotel has shuttles if it has such a big convention center in it?
And NoD posted a thread in here about things to do in the city, so perhaps check there?

Wanted List | For Trade | New Life (pony blog)

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 02:48:20 AM »
Really torn. I'll be flying. But I'm considering flying into Columbus, OH and driving to Indianapolis (3 hour drive), or flying into Indianapolis and driving from the airport.  I'm taking off the entire week, so I've got time to do either way. I figured I could find a few antiques shops with ponies in them (ha!) or just see that part of the US I haven't seen before.

I'm also interested in what there is to DO in Indianapolis. I'd like to be there for the fireworks, but it doesn't look like there's much else on the official city website right now.  Summer festivals, farmer's markets? Anyone from that area can let me know?  That would influence when I'd come into Indianapolis as well.

BTW, for anyone who is flying in, it's a 40 minute trip from the airport to the hotel (both are on either ends of the city).  You may want to meet up with other pony people and catch a ride together, because I'm sure that's going to be pricy.

Oooh, I was flying in @ 3:22 U.S. Airways on Friday if anyone wants to split a cab? 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:57:40 AM by Grassshackgirl »

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 03:16:11 AM »
Still deciding on driving or flying :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 05:53:28 AM »
Ohh that 40 minutes info is extremely helpful to have. Yeesh that will be quite pricey indeed. Do you think the hotel has shuttles if it has such a big convention center in it?
There are not shuttles from that hotel as it's so far away. Taking a cab from the airport to the hotel is going to be pretty darn expensive because there's an automatic $15 charge for being at the airport, and then the fare for that distance. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/area/transportation.html?propertyID=158 looks like you could get a limo for the same price :P I think it would be a really good idea for people to try and coordinate shared cabs (or limos!) for flights that get in around the same times.

Alternately, it is possible to do this trip on public transit. But I am the first to admit that Indy's public transportation is a bit of a joke. It would take you about 2 hours to get to the hotel -_-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:59:31 AM by NoDivision »

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
We're driving in. It's a six-hour drive total, but we can spend Thursday night at Chad's dad's place near Cleveland and drive the rest of the way Friday. Then we can do the same in reverse Monday and Tuesday. We drove 16 hours to Orlando last year in a regular cab Silverado. Surprisingly, it was a good trip. :) This year, we're probably bringing the Jetta.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
Is anyone driving through Evansville, IN? Im debating on going if its not too late? And Can you buy tickets at the door?
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 10:29:07 PM »
You have been able to buy tickets at the door at both past fairs I've attended. I suspect the line this year will be outrageous, though. It was long last year.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »
Thats good to know. I may take a day trip to my capital than. If any one needs to car pool from Evansville, IN I will have plenty of space. I do not plan on staying the night at this point. As for places to stay I live 3 hrs away so If any one is passing through and needs a rest I can offer a spot Without being far off highway. To All the Drivers Be Careful Indys bad to leave your car unlocked and Stay safe! Dont drive Tired!
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Disney Princess and Pony Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »
I'm just going to say I'm all for a limo and bringing like, 6 of us over at once ARRIVING IN STYLE MIND YOU. The flights I'm looking at get in somewhere in 2pm land... I haven't booked anything yet though.

Wanted List | For Trade | New Life (pony blog)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal