collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you were wondering how Hasbro is doing...  (Read 6322 times)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Re: If you were wondering how Hasbro is doing...
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »
I have EVERY PONY of the brushables from G4. My wishlist right now is pretty short because there isn't really anything interesting, and about half of it I won't even see until half a year from now, and some of it won't be released. G4 has been out for a few years and most girls who are wanting ponies already have Pinkie Pie and most likely all the mane 6. We've been bugging Hasbro for new ponies and good quality plushies. If they aren't going to listen to us then they will just lose money. It's a lose-lose situation not listening to collectors and Bronies.

It's a pity they didn't continue with seasonal releases, like the Easter Fluttershy and Valentine's Pinkie Pie. I dunno if those were available here but they were cute, and a nice way to mix up the mane six. Why no Autumn Apple Jack? Christmas Cheerilee? World Book Day Twi?
What about filly versions of the Mane Six? Or an entire Ponyville set? Like Rarity's house coming with Rarity and Sweetiebell, the library with Twilight, Spike, and a load of blank letters to Princess Celestia? Then they all slot together and bam! Ponyville in your living room!

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen playsets for the blindbag releases at the very least. After all, they did release a tonne for the G3/3.5 mini-ponies!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
Only new MLP toys I'm digging right now are the Funko line. Funko knows what they're doing!
This.
Time for them to lizten to their arena ninja spies... Lol. Quality product would help too. We have had too many posts about g4s with unsatisfactory factory issues. Oh yeah and re-releasing big brother ponies would help immensely, they could even be blank and they would sell!
This.
I second the distribution problems. I emailed Hasbro Canada the other week about the Sweet Slumbers set, asking if there was anyway I could buy direct from Hasbro because I simply cannot find it. Nope, I was just told to go find it at one of the many retailers that was ordering it still. Really? Cause I haven't found a one in months! When people want your product and can't get it, you might want to rethink how your sales are going.
This (Because it is an obvious facepalm moment there)
I have EVERY PONY of the brushables from G4. My wishlist right now is pretty short because there isn't really anything interesting, and about half of it I won't even see until half a year from now, and some of it won't be released. G4 has been out for a few years and most girls who are wanting ponies already have Pinkie Pie and most likely all the mane 6. We've been bugging Hasbro for new ponies and good quality plushies. If they aren't going to listen to us then they will just lose money. It's a lose-lose situation not listening to collectors and Bronies.

It's a pity they didn't continue with seasonal releases, like the Easter Fluttershy and Valentine's Pinkie Pie. I dunno if those were available here but they were cute, and a nice way to mix up the mane six. Why no Autumn Apple Jack? Christmas Cheerilee? World Book Day Twi?
What about filly versions of the Mane Six? Or an entire Ponyville set? Like Rarity's house coming with Rarity and Sweetiebell, the library with Twilight, Spike, and a load of blank letters to Princess Celestia? Then they all slot together and bam! Ponyville in your living room!
This.

They are not doing well... And to be honest I am sooo confused with them as a company!

They saw huge successes with LPS in the past few years, which was a line based on variety.... And then they have a completely different mindset when it comes to Ponies... It's like how many Pinkie Pies can we cram into a toy store! They are so wasting every opportunity that FIM could open up! And it is not going to be long before G4s are driven into the ground because of their stoopid assortment issues!

I think Hasbro should take a look back at how successful things were in the 80's from a toy perspective and bring that back, Barbie and LEGO have gone back to their roots somewhat and are seeing much bigger success now.... Why don't Hasbro do the same with their own lines. Variety and novelty are key in the toy industry!!!!! They aren't delivering either on MLP at the moment.

They should focus on what they were good at and stick to that, they are spending far to much time copying and battling with other toy manufacturers .... KREO.... Need I say more, instead of doing what they were once great at!
And this. *blows kiss*GOODNIGHT EVERYPONY!
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

StarberryTart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »
Hasbro's out of ideas? Let me pull some out on the spot...

Big Brother ponies (Big Mac, Shining Armor, Thunderlane, etc) - This could bring male ponies to the table. They could be sold in sets with their younger siblings, meaning you could package them with some of the Mane Six. You could even dream up big brothers for Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy a-la Cadence style.
Family ponies - Similar to the Mommy/Daddy/Brother/etc ponies from G1, these could have the parents or siblings of the Mane Six. This could allow new ponies to be created a-la Cadence style.
Brushable Blindbags - The rest of the blindbag ponies upgraded to brushables
Filly Mane Six - This would be adorable.
Sugarcube Corner Playset - Comes with Pinkie Pie and Mr and Mrs Cake.
Pinkie Pie Babysits Playset - Comes with the Cake twins, accessories, and Pinkie Pie
Ponyville Library Playset - Comes with Twilight, Spike, Owl friend, telescope, and books. The playset opens and closes, much like a dollhouse.
Rarity's Fashion Show Playset - Comes with all of the Mane Six in their Gala outfits, plus light-up runway and turning table to display the ponies in their dresses.
Zap Apple Harvest Playset - Could include Granny Smith, Applejack, and maybe Applebloom plus a tree with apples that turn rainbow somehow (like when they get wet or when you flick a switch on the tree or something)
Rainstorm Slumber Party Playset - includes Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight.
Fashion Model Fluttershy Playset - includes Fluttershy, Photo Finish, a runway, and some accessories.
Appleloosa Picnic Playset - includes Applejack, Braeburn, and Little Strongheart. Might feature a train, some apple pies, bonnets, etc.
Feel Better Fluttershy - Fluttershy is taking care of all these sick animals and needs the help of the local veterinarian pony, Mane Goodall (fan chosen name of the vet from the "Secret of My Excess" episode who examines Spike)
Apply Family Reunion wave - I totaled up all the ponies who are part of Applejack's family and (not including Applejack and Applebloom) she has FIFTY ponies in her family that have been shown in the show. Maybe we wouldn't get all fifty, but even a few would be nice.
Background ponies wave - There are a lot of well-known background ponies or beloved secondary characters. Here's a list of some of the more popular ones: Bon-Bon, Colgate/Minuette, Caramel, Doctor Whooves, Braeburn, Daring Do, Lightning Dust, The Wonderbolts, Fancy Pants, Babs Seed, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Twist, Pipsqueak, Inkie, Blinkie, Octavia, etc. 
Bringing back the G3's Wave - Some G3s make a conversion to G4, including ponies like Minty and many more.
Winter Wrap-up Playset Wave - Each pony does different things. Applejack comes with a plow she can push and some plants. Rarity comes with bird nests. Fluttershy comes with bells and animals that "wake up" with some action (like their eyes open somehow). Rainbow Dash comes with some cloud thing or something. Each pony could come with another one to help them accomplish their winter wrap up tasks.
Sweet Scents Ponies - Going back to G1 on this again, just make some ponies that smell nice, like certain fruits, herbs, or flowers.
Yummy Scents Ponies - Like above except they smell like food... marshmallows, popcorn, root beer floats, ice cream, cupcakes, etc.

Hasbro need to hire us. :D

CottonTALE

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
Those are amazing ideas :D

I would add a Cloudsdale/ Rainbow Factory playset to that... With Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Scootaloo and Thunderlane. Then you can flick on a switch and with a prism effect can make a rainbow reflection on the wall or something

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »

Big Brother ponies (Big Mac, Shining Armor, Thunderlane, etc) - This could bring male ponies to the table. They could be sold in sets with their younger siblings, meaning you could package them with some of the Mane Six. You could even dream up big brothers for Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy a-la Cadence style.
Family ponies - Similar to the Mommy/Daddy/Brother/etc ponies from G1, these could have the parents or siblings of the Mane Six. This could allow new ponies to be created a-la Cadence style.
Pinkie Pie Babysits Playset - Comes with the Cake twins, accessories, and Pinkie Pie
Ponyville Library Playset - Comes with Twilight, Spike, Owl friend, telescope, and books. The playset opens and closes, much like a dollhouse.
Rarity's Fashion Show Playset - Comes with all of the Mane Six in their Gala outfits, plus light-up runway and turning table to display the ponies in their dresses.
Zap Apple Harvest Playset - Could include Granny Smith, Applejack, and maybe Applebloom plus a tree with apples that turn rainbow somehow (like when they get wet or when you flick a switch on the tree or something)
Fashion Model Fluttershy Playset - includes Fluttershy, Photo Finish, a runway, and some accessories.
Appleloosa Picnic Playset - includes Applejack, Braeburn, and Little Strongheart. Might feature a train, some apple pies, bonnets, etc.
Feel Better Fluttershy - Fluttershy is taking care of all these sick animals and needs the help of the local veterinarian pony, Mane Goodall (fan chosen name of the vet from the "Secret of My Excess" episode who examines Spike)
Apply Family Reunion wave - I totaled up all the ponies who are part of Applejack's family and (not including Applejack and Applebloom) she has FIFTY ponies in her family that have been shown in the show. Maybe we wouldn't get all fifty, but even a few would be nice.
Background ponies wave - There are a lot of well-known background ponies or beloved secondary characters. Here's a list of some of the more popular ones: Bon-Bon, Colgate/Minuette, Caramel, Doctor Whooves, Braeburn, Daring Do, Lightning Dust, The Wonderbolts, Fancy Pants, Babs Seed, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Twist, Pipsqueak, Inkie, Blinkie, Octavia, etc. 
Bringing back the G3's Wave - Some G3s make a conversion to G4, including ponies like Minty and many more.
Winter Wrap-up Playset Wave - Each pony does different things. Applejack comes with a plow she can push and some plants. Rarity comes with bird nests. Fluttershy comes with bells and animals that "wake up" with some action (like their eyes open somehow). Rainbow Dash comes with some cloud thing or something. Each pony could come with another one to help them accomplish their winter wrap up tasks.
Sweet Scents Ponies - Going back to G1 on this again, just make some ponies that smell nice, like certain fruits, herbs, or flowers.
Yummy Scents Ponies - Like above except they smell like food... marshmallows, popcorn, root beer floats, ice cream, cupcakes, etc.

I approve all those ideas...why am I reminded of Gangnam Style when you said Cadence Style?....*music starts playing*...OPPA Cadence Style!...Oh god I gotta go write lyrics XD
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »

I approve all those ideas...why am I reminded of Gangnam Style when you said Cadence Style?....*music starts playing*...OPPA Cadence Style!...Oh god I gotta go write lyrics XD

A). All awesome ideas.  :)

B). Now I have Gangam-Cadence style going through my head.  Thanks.  :P

C). Come on, Hasbro.  Release something new.  ANYTHING new.  Any pony that's new.  We want to give you our money. Really we do.  I check the pony aisle every week.  But if I have to see Pinkie one more time. . .
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »
Those are amazing ideas :D

I would add a Cloudsdale/ Rainbow Factory playset to that... With Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Scootaloo and Thunderlane. Then you can flick on a switch and with a prism effect can make a rainbow reflection on the wall or something

It could come with a set of rainbow lipgloss/balm. All the colours a different scent/flavour! I think that'd be pretty neat :D I'd love a brushie of Lightning Dust, too! Or just a set of brushies. How about bigger, solid mould ponies, with accurate hair! (like the Funko ones) Also MLP hobby horses! And stationary. I would love a small pencil tin or something. Cutie mark hair pins!
And how about none of this is US or "international" exclusive rubbish so we all get a fair chance at them? Damn sick of them skipping over us even with "EU exclusives".
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
woah

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
They really need to invest some time into what people want in regards to ponies. For current pony stuff, they keep selling the same Mane Six... over and over and over and over again. Some of the playsets are quite silly, like Celestia having tea with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Or Pinkie Pie giving Fluttershy a jewel bath.

I know the market isn't to adults but to children, especially girls, but would it hurt to have some more of the blindbags converted to brushables? I'd love to have a brushable Apple Dazzle, Minty, Bitta Luck, and Pepperdance. Or maybe some more characters from the TV show, like Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Braeburn, Doctor Whooves, the Wonderbolts, or Thunderlane? I think the toy line could benefit from a "Big Brothers" line for G4. Maybe even some of the villains? Or, heck, I dunno, make your Crystal Empire ponies actually CRYSTAL-ISH instead of just adjusting the eye glistens and putting tinsel in their hair?

People got excited over Zecora, The Favorites Collection, the wedding castle playset, the wedding wave of brushables (Trixie, Lyra, etc), and Drama Pony. People bought these toys. I was so concerned that they would sell out in stores that I PREORDERED them, something that I have NEVER done with toys before. Hasbro needs to step their game up a bit and see what the buyers want.

Personally, I've always felt that they should invest in a custom pony shop online where you can build your own creations and then be able to submit your designs to the store so that others can also purchase your custom pony. I'd be buying tons of those.

I've always wanted them to have a site to build custom ponies to. It would be so much fun and the possibilities would be endless.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

berylliumpone

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
StrawberryTart, you are a genius. Hasbro, lets start thinking like this, alright?

I agree that Lightning Dust needs to be a doll. New character = awesome opportunity.
And for some reason I REALLY love Apple Rose (Granny's cousin). If they made younger versions of her and Granny Smith, that would be ADORABLE! I wouldn't mind them being their current ages, but there isn't exactly a mold for older ponies yet.
And maximum yesyesyes to more boys! The only. G4 male mold out there is in the expensive wedding set! Come on, how am I supposed to buy that thing every time I don't want to have to modify a girl?

Look,  when I was a little girl, playing with Barbie's and the such, sure I liked the pretty pink girls the most, but Barbie needs a Ken, right? Little girls like to be able to use their toys to play out stories! If I was a seven-year-old right now, do you think I'd want to have to use Shining Armor to play as every other male pony? No.
And they were doing something right when they made Nightmare Moon. (Granted it's been hard for me to get her because that set is flippin' expensive.) A lot of girls actually LIKE adventure. In other words, bad guys are a good thing. Going on a journey with their toys and being able to throw their enemy off the bed is an accomplishment for a kid.

Post Merge: February 04, 2013, 05:40:08 PM

Oh, and StrawberryTart, I 100% agree on the actual crystal ponies thing! Funko is making some, but I think if Hasbro made regular-sized crystal ponies that would be super neat!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:40:08 PM by berylliumpone »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »
I highly doubt that coming up with "new" ideas is the problem. Hasbro could come up with a billion ideas /character designs if they wanted to.
If Hasbro is really doing this bad than it isn't very surprising that the toyline is as cheap as it is right now.
Also, i thought My Little Pony was actually doing fairly well. (Though that article might be outdated by now.)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
Does anypony have their financial report from the quarter where they released non-mane six brushables?  Lyra, Trixie? Or Plumsweet, etc?  Id wager their profits are better at those times! :D

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
We really should show Hasbro the Arena, they can browse around here and HOLY CRAP WOW! IDEAS!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 07:26:59 PM »
The video reporter was right, though. I know that a lot of parents still do get toys for their kids, but I see a majority of kids (even toddlers!) glued to some type of electronic device. A little kid does not need an iPad. Get them some real toys, so they can play. I think toy sales are down across the board. However, trying to sell the same ponies over and over again is just dumb. I guess they think they're saving money by not changing the designs/molds? Parents won;t buy their kid two of the same toy... Dumb.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »
I highly doubt that coming up with "new" ideas is the problem. Hasbro could come up with a billion ideas /character designs if they wanted to.
If Hasbro is really doing this bad than it isn't very surprising that the toyline is as cheap as it is right now.
Also, i thought My Little Pony was actually doing fairly well. (Though that article might be outdated by now.)

I agree that coming up with "new" ideas isn't the problem. The problem is they aren't doing anything with these ideas.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal