collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 125
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 11
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Children and Pony Fair?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
Re: Children and Pony Fair?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:46:34 PM »
hi all

i have a 4 and a half year old son named Phoenix but he will be staying home with daddy.

I dont mind kids at the fair but you got to keep them with you, watch they dont get stolen and make sure they dont take anything from peoples tables LOL yeah its all being a mom right  :)

but if you really want to go from table to table and look at stuff and dig through boxes then you really need to go alone and not have to worry about your kids. Plus this year there will be at least 75 tables, that is a huge amount to look at and will take a long time.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
I have to say, in all reality we have to realize they are children. The young ones will more than likely have grabby hands as there will be lots of excitement and sometimes that is just how kids are when they are excited. I hover over my two girls when we are at stores just for this reason. They look at the whole world being a playground and are still learning that not everything is toy to share. This is a toy convention in a sense, so be aware that a lot of children will most likely be present, so if you have priceier items, keep them up on the top shelf or towards the back of the display to keep away from grabby hands. I can be as observent as I possibly can, but that does not prevent every sudden burst of excitement my kids have to offer.

Aside from just the buying booths, there looks to be a lot of activities that are very kid friendly, so I plan to curb some of that excitement into the activities. Plus I am bringing extra help, my hubby and my mother are coming too, which will help when watching my gals. This is our first family vacation ever, so i plan on making it a great time for all of us.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline PonyAddictedDad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Father/Daughter pony bond
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:58 PM »
Not sure if I'm going to be able to go or not yet but the only reason I'm even thinking about it would be to take my 5 yo daughter to it..............and also I like ponies too so I guess that's not really the only reason  :P

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
Not sure if I'm going to be able to go or not yet but the only reason I'm even thinking about it would be to take my 5 yo daughter to it..............and also I like ponies too so I guess that's not really the only reason  :P

Awww I love you handle ponyaddictedad! My hubby rolls his eyes, but is supportive of my obsession  :) and he plays with my girls and their mass of ponies. I am with you, I am going because it is something we all will love and my girls are already giddy over the idea. They keep asking if we are "going to the pony fair today?"
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »
My nieces (ages 4 an 1) were at the Florida Fair and had a great time. The older one still talks about it, and is super excited to go again.  I don't have kids (and not planning on it) but I really, really enjoy seeing their excitement at a place like this.  But yes, the key is making sure they show good convention manners ;)

Personally, if I had kids to bring, I would go alone for most of the morning and early afternoon on Saturday. Most of the games won't start till later anyway, and that would give you a chance to browse and shop without keeping one eye on them. If you can, leave them with someone else for the morning and have them come the 2nd half, or on Sunday when it's not as crazy busy and collector's aren't so hard-core about treasure hunting. 

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
Anyone have advice about bringing infants?

I'm 32 weeks along, and due in early April.  Since the fair is so close this time, I'd love to go, but I'm still debating it.  (I've made hotel reservations, just in case, lol.)  This is our first kid, and this would be our first trip, and I'm a bit intimidated.

(I'm definitely NOT going as a vendor, which is a bit of a shame, since I enjoyed selling at the last 3 fairs I went to) 

:sad:

Offline Peppie

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 01:51:55 AM »
well since the baby will be around 3 months old at fair time. The baby will still be in the "sleep most of the time" faze  so you will still be able to enjoy your time.
I encourage you to check out my feedback on eBay and here at the arena.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nirvana Want List

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »
Anyone have advice about bringing infants?

I'm 32 weeks along, and due in early April.  Since the fair is so close this time, I'd love to go, but I'm still debating it.  (I've made hotel reservations, just in case, lol.)  This is our first kid, and this would be our first trip, and I'm a bit intimidated.

(I'm definitely NOT going as a vendor, which is a bit of a shame, since I enjoyed selling at the last 3 fairs I went to) 

:sad:
Make sure your baby has had at least one set of vaccinations if you plan to bring him or her. Very young baby in a crowd of several hundred people leaves a lot of opportunity to pick up germs. I'd suggest that you also don't let a lot of well-meaning strangers touch or hold your baby... because lots of people will want to. ;) My son was 7-8 weeks old at the last pony Fair & he stayed with my parents who lived about an hour from the Fair. I'm not usually a "crazy germ obsessed" person, but you don't want a very young baby with an immature immune system to get sick.

Also in general, I agree with Drusilla & Ashlyne - if you are a collector & want to shop around, it's best to do that without kids at least part of the time.

I've been to meets (selling) with well behaved kids & kids that want to grab everything on your table. The table area is only so big (and flat, unless you bring a 3D display) & sellers should not have to worry about watching YOUR kids, while they are trying to deal with paying customers. When you sell, you often put your best stuff at the front to attract people's attention. I can say that I was not very happy at one meet where an unattended little girl grabbed a $100 Mountain Boy AND a MOC. :huh: Well behaved kids are wonderful, but kids with grabby hands put sellers in an awkward position of having to politely try to get their valuable merchandise back from someone who sees it as "a toy" just like every other toy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal