collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Never stay at a days inn!  (Read 1601 times)

gothtini

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Never stay at a days inn!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »
Thats terrible. I would post feedback on www.tripadvisor.com of your experience, you can even specify the exact motel
Mom is a member on there and always does reviews, she's already said she's going to be leave a full review of the place. She checks it when we're booking (trust me it gets annoying sometimes because it makes her jump between hotels a lot lol) but this hotel had a pretty good rating and a "handicap" room with 2 beds which is so rare so we kind of jumped at the chance.

Man so many crazy hotel stories!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
I stayed at a Days Inn once in Atlanta.. the chairs' stuffing were visibly coming out of the chairs, and the hotel had this side door next to our room that was inexplicably open to THE STREET (and this was an eh part of Atlanta) randomly. Good deal yes, but horrible experience.

I never stay at anything less than 4 stars nowadays. I'll buy food and make it if I have to save money on a hotel, but no more low rate hotels for me. Plus if you use AAA discounts and websites like Expedia, etc, you can find good rates of high end hotels.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
where is "Undercover Boss" when you need them? :)

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
Gross dude.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing "word of mouth" advertising is doing them no good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
My family and I stayed at one, once.  It was very mildewy. I think we may have stayed at one on the way out to CO from NC, and it was also smelly and out-dated, but still sleepable. One of the few places that take pets.

I ALWAYS look up reviews before booking. I stayed at a Super 8 that had recently been renovated, and at $59 a night, it was a steal. When you look for hotels, look for that.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
We stayed at one with a couple of friends (it was a deal to stay in the hotel and get tickets to the amusement park nearby, which is what we were most interested in).

Well, online we reserved a room with 2 queen beds (as opposed to 1 king - there are 4 of us). It never asked for a credit card when reserving, just name and contact number (I think...this was a few years ago). When we get to the hotel they give us a 1-king bed room (with pull-out couch). Umm... hello, we booked a 2-queen. They told us the type of room can only be reserved with a credit card - and we pointed out the site never asked for it and they basically just said oh well..... even though they could see what we requested!

So we go to the room anyways, and it was really tiny, dark, and just ick! It just felt dirty, and there were no towels (had to ask for those separately.... the guys ended up kidnapping the ones in the pool area :P I know you aren't supposed to, but their service was crap - it was nearly an hour later when they brought our towels).

Meanwhile, while the guys are grabbing pool towels, the girls check out the room. It was dirty.... and when we moved the picture - there was a large splattering of a sticky red liquid, covering the entire area behind the picture. It looked like something had splattered on the wall and they only cleaned around it, not behind. Now, it could've been just pop or something, but we weren't taking our chances (esp since we were already disgusted with the room, that was the final straw).

Once the guys were back, we packed up and went down to the front desk. This time the manager was there and we told him what was going on, and asked for a new room. He looked up our reservation and saw we had wanted a 2-queen room, and said it was no problem to give us one (they weren't all booked like we were lead to believe by the first person). The new room was a lot better, but we still vowed never to use that hotel again.

Now, my parents and I have had good experiences with Days Inn many times, but in different cities.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »
Yikes!! >.<
If I recall correctly, I went to a hotel and saw ants invading the bathroom floor. So we switched rooms (twice, I believe).

Have you seen how some hotels "clean" their rooms? Saw their methods a few times on TV...I am not very fond of hotels anymore.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 05:23:43 AM »
I can't remember the name of the place, but I stayed in a motel on oxford st in Sydney for a week when my brother had a shoulder reconstruction. It was over priced because it was the week before madigras.

When I opened the door it smelt like off fish. We were about ten stories up with a balcony, so I just left the door open the entire time.

We were supposed to have a 3 bed with a fold out bed, to sleep up to four as a couple of nights we were going to have upbto four people staying. One of the singles was broken and we needed to use phone books to level it up, otherwise you would slide off the bed from the slant.

The fold out bed had no bedding included, and a paper thin thirty matrice. I wound up buying a thick blanket after asking for sheets for it so at least you weren't sleeping directly on top of the dirty thing. I cried myself to sleep the first night.

It was supposed to be self contained, it had no plates,  a single frying pan, a pot and few cooking utensils. Everything needed a good scrub.

The pool was green.

The manager assumed my mother and I were a couple. She has / had at the time grey hair and she  had me at 23.

I have no problem with furries,  but w e seemed to have a tribe of them staying across the hall that were into either ritual animal sacrifice or some very angry sex.

There was a begger that sat on the steps into the place at all hours, why some one wouldn't move him on I don't know.

The car spaces / parking was so small and tight, if we didn't find a space we could drive directly into, we wouldn't have got the car back out. Also, there was only enough room for one car to drive through, 12 levels, try reversing twelve levels in a tight space.

I am sure I will think of more later, but it's no fun staying in dodgy places that's for sure.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:32 AM »
Oh god I want to be sick  :X :shakefist: These stories have literally put me off staying anywhere less than 3 stars. I stayed in a Travelodge recently though, for a double room with en-suite at only £36 for the night for a family room, and I have to say was one of the best expierences we've ever had. So clean and nice, and the people super helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
I imagine it depends on the location...

): I recently stayed at a motel chain, and despite the fact I requested a non-smoking room in advance... they gave me a smoking one... I wanted to go somewhere else but I was kinda out of luck, since the whole area was booked. ;__; I was throwing up violently by morning.
I also wasn't amused many cars in the lot were dented/smashed. I was horrified our car would be broken into because it is NOT junk like the rest of them. All to save a couple bucks. @___@;
I complained in the morning and they "magically" had one, despite it had 1 bed instead of 2...

Or I was in a small hotel in SF, and we didn't have a deadbolt on the door (stolen)... they didn't give washcloths because people stole them.... there was a HUGE hole in the wall.... I think my dad's room didn't have a handle on the bathroom door...
At least the people at the front desk were able to fix all of these problems (besides the hole) before we left :/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:50:55 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

gothtini

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 07:06:42 PM »
o.o scary stories! We found out days inn are ran individually so that's probably why the uber differences yet similarities between them lol.

We are now in the Comfort Inn in IL, its amazing, we stay here often but they did a recent remodel. Its beautiful and so comfy and big and ISN'T a handicap room. The woman at the checkout was even worried I wouldn't be able to get in the shower but that's okay we're use to that, we have ways around that problem with rooms we know aren't gonna be accessible lol. I can easily get to one side of the room to the other, to both beds, I can even turn my wheelchair around and that's with the 3 big suitcases, laptops other bags etc! Just love it here!

Oh when we checked out of the Days Inn, it was the creepy guy who had been wandering around! We got his name he even spelled it out, so its going in on the report I gotta write tomorrow for my case with Days Inn.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »
Glad to hear you're now in a much better and more accomodating hotel! :D
All the best with that report by the way. Hopefully the hotel had caught him on camera as well, in case they need any evidence!
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

January Joy

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »
That's unfortunate! I think it all depends on the hotel itself, its staff, and who is managing it. We stay at the Days Inn in Baltimore's Inner Harbor for Otakon (an anime convention) every year and we have never had a negative experience in the three years staying there. The staff clearly get overwhelmed on Saturday when the most people are coming and going, but none of them have ever been nasty to myself or the large group I room with. Quite a few of the staff have remarked that they don't mind the anime convention attendees because its a nice change of pace and they enjoy seeing all the costumes. We make sure to tip the maids well and we bring baked goods for the front desk staff on Sunday when we all leave. :)

I've been going to anime conventions for a long time, but the only bad experience I can remember was last year when I booked a room at a Hampton Inn in New Jersey...Now, I am aware that a lot of hotels require a security deposit for people under 25 which is returned to you at the end of your stay provided you don't cause any damage. I booked with the Hampton Inn specifically because NOWHERE in my reservation nor on their website did it state that an additional security deposit was required. I scoured their website's terms and conditions and I even called them to make sure - I was told that I wouldn't have to pay anything but the cost of the room, so I thought all was good, since I didn't have a lot of extra money sitting around at the time.

When I got there and tried to check in, this grouchy guy at the front desk, lo and behold, tells me I have to give them an additional $200 security deposit. I was basically like, "LOL NO," and explained the situation, and he seemed to back off. He gave us our keys and said I'd have to talk to the manager in the morning. So I got up early and went to the front desk to see her and explained what I had researched beforehand and what this guy was telling me. She told me she wasn't sure what he was talking about, since there was no reason for me to give them any extra money, and told me not to worry about it. (I'm actually fairly certain she was the woman I spoke with on the phone when I called a few weeks prior.)

I was kind of pissed, because I felt like that guy was trying to scam me out of money. If the security deposit had been a legit thing, he wouldn't have let us go up to the room.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal