collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 119
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A Renegade Dinner - Friday Night around 6pm TGIF - Please RSVP Now!!  (Read 3506 times)

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: A Renegade Dinner?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »
What a great idea and I wish I could go. I only booked my hotel room for Saturday night and now I'm starting to regret the Friday night fun I'll miss out on.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
What a great idea and I wish I could go. I only booked my hotel room for Saturday night and now I'm starting to regret the Friday night fun I'll miss out on.
If you *really* want to go, see SweetTune's stickied post about the hotel.  Looks like they're opening more rooms, and also at the group rate!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »
If you *really* want to go, see SweetTune's stickied post about the hotel.  Looks like they're opening more rooms, and also at the group rate!

Really?  I'll look into and thanks for letting me know. :) I have my room booked for the one night but it certainly doesn't hurt to see if I can get it extended for Friday night too.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »
Count me in! I already have the day off from work. I should mention that I'm one of those picky eaters. Is there a Golden Corral or some other buffet around there?

Sailorstitch

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
a buffett would be awesome; less hassle with the checks, too, since everyone would pay separately, and a nice big menu to choose from.

The closest Golden Corral is 3 1/2 mile from the hotel, though; I dunno if an hour walk would work very well haha.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Disney Princess and Pony Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 04:12:30 AM »
I have personal reasons for not wanting a buffet, but I can deal with it of course if it's what works the best! I'm not a picky eater though, so long as I have a non-spicy option if it's a restaurant that uses a lot of spice. I have a bland Minnesotan palate for food and spice is my greatest food-foe XD

Wanted List | For Trade | New Life (pony blog)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »
A good question to ask at this point is are we looking for a place that's within walking distance of the hotel?   Or are people willing to carpool and drive?   

If we do walking distance, that would pretty easy to narrow down.   Organizing carpools might be more work, but you'd have more restaurant choices.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »
A good question to ask at this point is are we looking for a place that's within walking distance of the hotel?   Or are people willing to carpool and drive?   

If we do walking distance, that would pretty easy to narrow down.   Organizing carpools might be more work, but you'd have more restaurant choices.

Driving seems like a lot of hassle when there's probably going to be a fair few people interested in this and since we are right next to a shopping centre anyway!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

Driving seems like a lot of hassle when there's probably going to be a fair few people interested in this and since we are right next to a shopping centre anyway!

I agree. It sounds like we have a good choice of restaurants in the shopping centre.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »
Whenever I go to conventions, I always try my best to never move the car. Especially if it's a big convention where a good spot is a huge deal. :lol: I'm ok with any of the restaurants within walking distance.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Peppie

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
It's pretty helpful that the fair is connected to a mall this year for some options. Maybe even a shopping trip :)

I already looked at the mall directory online and saw that they have a Vera Bradley Signature Store :D. Any other Vera fans?

:good:

that's baaaaad for me to know  :lookround:

Post Merge: February 02, 2013, 08:46:22 PM

I have gone to that TGI Fridays with a group of about 20 before and they handled us well, so that might be a good option.  Maggianos is delicious, but a little more expensive. There is also a benihana right across from the hotel.  The next shopping center down has an Unos, Chillis, don pablos, and a nice mongolian grill place.  (Also a really nice, cheap taiwanese place called Taiwan Teahouse, though it is tiny. But I really really really recommend this place for dinner on other nights for a not so large group. They have excellent boba :D )

Basically there are a lot of options nearby. I've done large groups at that cheesecake factory, that TGI Fridays, and that P.F. Changs.

:shocked: :shocked: Did you say Unos? Is it within walking distance? I haven't eaten there in 15 yrs. I miss it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:46:22 PM by Peppie »
I encourage you to check out my feedback on eBay and here at the arena.

Nirvana Want List

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Big Brother Pony
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:43 PM »
Me and my two companions would be interested in going. I'm up for anything not crazy expensive.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:38 AM »
I was wondering if we'd do this again! I'm up for anywhere.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
From what we discovered Uno's closed Peppie. TGIF's, Champps or Cheesecake factory seem to be a good choice - from what I've seen online there isn't a buffet - unless your talking Chinese within walking distance.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »
Well after looking at the new price for the Hall of Fame dinner and choking - I am definitely not going to the it. - So I will be a Renegade.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal