collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curious about stats of last year :)  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
Re: Curious about stats of last year :)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
I did not get to attend last year so i have no clue how big it was but i was there in 2011 and i thought that was big. it was also my first fair so i might have been in pony shock LOL

i am going this year and im guessing it is going to be really crazy :)  but i can not wait to see all the tables and see what i can buy to add to my collection

i would love to know the admission numbers for all fairs starting with the first to the present just to see how much they have grown

the 2011 fair at Hasbro was the smallest one I've been too so far Loisville had the largest room and nicest set-up and Orlando I think was the largest attendance I've seen - mainly because we were invaded by bronies seeking a certain gray pegasus.

As for numbers from the first fair to the most recent - I don't know if we can get those - Sweet Tune has been doing an awesome job at running the Fair the last four years but I'm not sure if she or anyone has the numbers from the previous fairs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
I don't know how many people have attended the fair in the past, but I expect this year will set new records, for a two main reasons!

1) the economy is getting better; it may not feel like it, but people can afford to go out once in a while to the movies, out to eat, things like that.  People aren't willing to spend huge amounts of money or get further in debt if they can avoid it, but things are getting better, and hopefully as a whole, we've learned how to not overspend so badly!

2) this is one of the more centralized places the fair has been in, and the closest to the center of the US it's been since FiM really started taking off.  It's also far enough north that I expect we'll have a decent number of people come from Canada!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »
I don't know how many people have attended the fair in the past, but I expect this year will set new records, for a two main reasons!

1) the economy is getting better; it may not feel like it, but people can afford to go out once in a while to the movies, out to eat, things like that.  People aren't willing to spend huge amounts of money or get further in debt if they can avoid it, but things are getting better, and hopefully as a whole, we've learned how to not overspend so badly!

2) this is one of the more centralized places the fair has been in, and the closest to the center of the US it's been since FiM really started taking off.  It's also far enough north that I expect we'll have a decent number of people come from Canada!

Number 2 was exactly what I was thinking. The central location helps a ton. When you are too close to either end of the country, it's a lot harder for a lot of people outside of the area to go. Like take the Orlando Fair for example, it's easier for people in Georgia and maybe a surrounding state or two, but for everyone else, it's a far drive/flight.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+220)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 05:22:01 AM »
WOW!!! That is alot of tables!!!! I also can not wait to see pictures :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal