collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UGH. Wrong item dang it!  (Read 777 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
UGH. Wrong item dang it!
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:49 AM »
So.

I bought my first littlest petshop thing on ebay, I pay a day after I win (an hour after bidding ends, i'm getting a notification 'please pay now' message from my seller) and then... I get the wrong item?

It's suppose to be a grey wolf/cat. But instead I get a grey I don't even know what, it's either a cat/fox/dog. It's grey when tall pink triangle ears with white tips, A pink blaze and a white muzzle and a white chest fluff. Can someone identify this for me and possibly suggest a course of action, it was VERY hard not to blow my top at them and send them an angry email in response.

If they can nark at me for payments, why can't they put that same effort into sending teh correct item.  :enraged:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: UGH. Wrong item dang it!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »
First the messages that you get about paying are automated by ebay.  The seller is not sending them to you and there is noway to turn them off.

I would message your seller politely and tell them you received the wrong item.  It happens and I am sure it was not done deliberately.  If they are a good seller then they will pay to have you send the wrong one back and send out the right one. I know in the past when I have screwed up like that I have sometimes just let them keep the wrong one and send out the right one. But not all sellers will do this and it really depends on the price of the item if I do it.

I know it's frustrating but like I said the messages are automated and have nothing to do with the seller.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:29:21 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »
First the messages that you get about paying are automated by ebay.  The seller is not sending them to you and there is noway to turn them off.

I would message your seller politely and tell them you received the wrong item.  It happens and I am sure it was not done deliberately.  If they are a good seller then they will pay to have you send the wrong one back and send out the right one.

I know it's frustrating but like I said the messages are automated and have nothing to do with the seller.   

Oh. I got the automated ones. And after those came this, and I think this is the one they can prompt.

"Hi inxsiverocker86,
Thanks for your recent purchase on eBay! Please remember to pay for your item so that the seller can ship it to you as soon as possible.
Note: If you've already made payment arrangements with your seller, you can disregard this reminder with our thanks.

Thanks again for shopping on eBay!"

And then I got a personal one saying 'please pay for this item, if you are no longer interested, please let us know' but in super broken english, I usually pay immediately, but my internet was down for 2 days.

That sounds like a grand idea though. Just ajdlkjasdfjlkd, I even asked them to double check it was the right item when they messaged me like that, they promised they would. Part of my frustration xDD!

Plus since I paid for so little, i didn't even know whether it was worth bringing up, also, they marked the value of the item way higher than I paid for it. I paid $2 for it... and they marked the value being $10 and as a gift. Are they allowed to do that?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:39:35 AM »
Well whether you paid $2 or $200 you are supposed to receive the right item.  :huh: I wouldn't feel bad about addressing the issue.

If I was you I would email her first and see how she wants to resolve it. 

And if you say your internet was down for a couple days she may have it specified in her listing when payment is due.  I know I give seven days but not all sellers do, thus her sending her own message. As far as marking a higher value I am not sure why she would, it would not benefit her in any way. If anything it could have caused you to have to pay a custom fee on it.

Just ajdlkjasdfjlkd
I am not sure what you are saying here?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:48:51 AM »
Well whether you paid $2 or $200 you are supposed to receive the right item.  :huh: I wouldn't feel bad about addressing the issue.

If I was you I would email her first and see how she wants to resolve it. 

And if you say your internet was down for a couple days she may have it specified in her listing when payment is due.  I know I give seven days but not all sellers do, thus her sending her own message. As far as marking a higher value I am not sure why she would, it would not benefit her in any way. If anything it could have caused you to have to pay a custom fee on it.

Just ajdlkjasdfjlkd
I am not sure what you are saying here?

That's means I'm just, flabbergasted and am out of proper words to describe how I feel haha.

But yes. I have emailed her, I tried to keep it short and sweet since english isn't probably their first language. I hope I didn't come off rude or blunt.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »
^_^
Well, if you needed an id on the grey/pink wolf/cat/dog thing-- I do believe you are referring to #1921, which is a cat. (I've always called it a wolf though. X_X)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
^_^
Well, if you needed an id on the grey/pink wolf/cat/dog thing-- I do believe you are referring to #1921, which is a cat. (I've always called it a wolf though. X_X)

LOL! What kind of cat is this?!

And lol they want a photo... When my camera is bust. They want a photo of the product against a newspaper. Ugh, what do I do? does scanning count?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:07 AM »
They want a pic of an item that cost $2? :blink:   they are asking for the pic next to a newspaper prolly so that they can see the date and make sure that its not a scam, but its not like its a lot of money involved.
surely it would have been easier to just send you the right one and have the other one back or just let you keep it since it was their mistake

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:30 AM »
They want a pic of an item that cost $2? :blink:   they are asking for the pic next to a newspaper prolly so that they can see the date and make sure that its not a scam, but its not like its a lot of money involved.
surely it would have been easier to just send you the right one and have the other one back or just let you keep it since it was their mistake

This is what I was thinking, but I felt greedy after doing so. PLus the shipping was free so, I felt even greedier. Not to mention telling them 'lol my camera is busted, i can't' sounds dodgy as well. orz

If I can get this scanenr to work I'll try that. if not. what should I do?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 05:07:37 AM »
It really only leaves you one option and that is to open a case. The thing is you will have to return it at your expense  :huh:  Which in this case it is not really going to pay since you paid $2 plus free shipping. It is going to cost you you more to send the dang thing back.

But what boggles me is why are you going to lie that she sent you the wrong item?  All she has to do is except the return, refund you your shipping costs and send you the right one.  It's pretty simple since she screwed up by sending the wrong item to begin with.  And any decent seller would honor that.

I am not sure what else to suggest doing except can you possibly borrow a camera from someone for a sec? 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
^_^

And lol they want a photo... When my camera is bust. They want a photo of the product against a newspaper. Ugh, what do I do? does scanning count?

D: Apparently, after looking it up a bit more... it's a Maine Coon... http://www.shopping.com/hasbro-littlest-pet-shop-swim-n-fish-playset/info.

u__u Don't feel bad/guilty for their mistake. Good luck~

If the scanner doesn't work, know anyone with a cellphone that takes pix? (Maybe email one to yourself from a phone).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
^_^

D: Apparently, after looking it up a bit more... it's a Maine Coon... http://www.shopping.com/hasbro-littlest-pet-shop-swim-n-fish-playset/info.

u__u Don't feel bad/guilty for their mistake. Good luck~

If the scanner doesn't work, know anyone with a cellphone that takes pix? (Maybe email one to yourself from a phone).

Would you believe... I don't have a phone and mum has an old nokia? xDDD!

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 05:29:32 PM

But yes, I'm working on trying to find someone I know that's willing to let me borrow theirs xD
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:29:32 PM by bagheera86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal