collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: another 30 day pony challenge wanna try?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: another 30 day pony challenge wanna try?
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »
Let's see if I can hold out until my birthday, which is at the end of February. I don't have the money to buy ponies anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
i'm doing good ^^  havn't  bought any pony stuff or spent any  money. yet *crosses fingers*  though i have had temptation.  but i havn't really gone thrifting or o the fleamarket or anywhere to actuly  buy them and  be tempted so that a good thing. hte good news is i almost have enough to pay for frilly.   just  a few more months to go.  :yikes:

hey your doing good sugar! and i agree its hard!  i wanna go thrifting too.. lol 

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
i'm doing not too bad. I haven't bought any ponies yet, gone thrifting yet (lack of transportation helps with that) I've been having packages come in that I have paid for before the pony-buying-ban started, so that helps me out.

I'm signed up for my first swap :) and it's for collections other than ponies.

appleponygal

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
I found lots of cool new ponies in a store today but I resisted the temptation to buy any! They had white Princess celestia & Princiess Luna, talkign pinkie Pie & th ecolor yourself ponies! It wa sotugh but I go tout of there without giving in and buying one! :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
Oooo, everypony's doing so well!  I have the willpower of a slug.  I came sooooooo close to going thrifting today, it was only my coworker who kept me from giving in. -_-  I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this.

(Mind you, here's a situation in which, if I do fail, something good comes out of it:  ponies! :lol:)

Seriously, however, I'm trying my bestest, staying off the online sites and stuff, but the thrift shop thing is going to be really hard.  I love thrifting, and not just for ponies, but for all kinds of treasures for my son and I, like books and games and stuff.  Plus, I keep envisioning someone having dropped off a box of G1s, and them sitting there for like, a week before getting cleared off to some other thrift shop or worse yet, a landfill... :freak:  I have a too-vivid imagination... :blush:

@ Lorelei:  You go, girl!  I'm so happy that you're getting close to getting Frilly! ^.^  It'll be worth it. :hug:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »
Oooo, everypony's doing so well!  I have the willpower of a slug.  I came sooooooo close to going thrifting today, it was only my coworker who kept me from giving in. -_-  I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this.

(Mind you, here's a situation in which, if I do fail, something good comes out of it:  ponies! :lol:)

Seriously, however, I'm trying my bestest, staying off the online sites and stuff, but the thrift shop thing is going to be really hard.  I love thrifting, and not just for ponies, but for all kinds of treasures for my son and I, like books and games and stuff.  Plus, I keep envisioning someone having dropped off a box of G1s, and them sitting there for like, a week before getting cleared off to some other thrift shop or worse yet, a landfill... :freak:  I have a too-vivid imagination... :blush:

@ Lorelei:  You go, girl!  I'm so happy that you're getting close to getting Frilly! ^.^  It'll be worth it. :hug:

thanks! ^^  and  yeah  not having transportation helps.   dad is taking me out an on a outing tomrrow.  lets see how thigns go. and i'm sure its ok fi you go thrifting. just  dont buy ponys..  but ifyou find a rapunzel for  a few dolalrs i'm sure  we can all fogive you XD

i am so excited! ^^

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »
I might be breaking my no pony buying soon!!  I occasionally (like every 3 months) text a guy who says he has a storage unit full of pony's. He didn't have them at a sale, me and my dad went to, so I got his number.  He was dealing with his father being sick and passing but it's been a while and I just got in contact with him and he said soon.  He had a lot of toys from that area and he seemed somewhat knowledgeable about pony's. I really hope it works out but part of me doubts it..

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
I've paid for a few baits that I had inquired about before signing up, but other than that I've been avoiding temptation.  No visits to ebay or the sales thread, and I've told myself a few times that I have no reason to visit the thrift store....  I've tried to feed my craving by completing some unfinished custom projects--finished G3->G1 Port-o-Bella yesterday!

ETA: Forgot my ticker, but have it going now!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:33:33 PM by Raindrop »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »
I'm totally in! I just bought a bunch of ponies and I need to save money for some upcoming anime conventions.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
I'm totally in! I just bought a bunch of ponies and I need to save money for some upcoming anime conventions.

oh which oens are you heading to?

i tried busying myself by cleaning my room.. lol and reorganzing..

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »
Went on a thrifting spree to get one last fix before the challenge, and DAMN did I ever clean up! Seriously...go check out my brag. :accomplished: Anyhoo, I had my fun today and I'm starting my challenge early. No buying ponies until March 1! (Not counting issue #3 of the FIM comic book, trades, or the box of blind bags that I ordered on the 5th and STILL hasn't shipped.)

I miss thrifting already. T_T
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »

Katsucon in February and Zenkaikon in March. Then I have three more later in the year so I'll have some time to save up ^.^
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Water_Fire

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 01:36:10 AM »
I am totally signing up for this. I've gone kind of crazy on ebay recently, and I need something to hold me back! It's too easy to flick through the pages and oops! Everything's on my watch list. :s

I AM watching a Sparkler and Fizzy on there at the minute. They end in three days, so I'll be joining after that! :D

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »

Katsucon in February and Zenkaikon in March. Then I have three more later in the year so I'll have some time to save up ^.^

lol aawesome.  i  have fwa in march and hten  AC in july. the problem is the  person i'm rooming  with at fwa hasn't told me  how  much i owe them for the room.  and stuff..  *bangs head* 

CottonTALE

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
I'm only waiting on one more package to come in and i'll be all caught up :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal