collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!  (Read 6809 times)

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
Okay, I normally prefer to keep quiet, but ugh!  The hanks are visibly different and they feel way lighter. It looks bad that as the one in charge, you couldn't tell.  Actually, if it were me, I wouldn't admit that kind of oversight/negligence.  Now, my last order came fast and with a bonus hank, but here's my trouble...I haven't got enough hair to finish my projects!  I am stuck unless I sink more money.  Not a happy camper.

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »
Short of operating the machine myself 100% of the time, or inspecting and weighing each and every hank
No one is asking you to be the sole operator 100% of the time.  However, what possible reason could there be to not weigh each hank?  A less than 25$ investment in a kitchen scale to check and see if it's heavy or light and one extra step during the packaging stage which would only take a second.  It would keep you protected from false claims, and give the consumers peace of mind that they're getting exactly what they paid for.
What is done is done, but you need to employ some better quality control measures to stop it from happening again.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
Short of operating the machine myself 100% of the time, or inspecting and weighing each and every hank
No one is asking you to be the sole operator 100% of the time.  However, what possible reason could there be to not weigh each hank?  A less than 25$ investment in a kitchen scale to check and see if it's heavy or light and one extra step during the packaging stage which would only take a second.  It would keep you protected from false claims, and give the consumers peace of mind that they're getting exactly what they paid for.
What is done is done, but you need to employ some better quality control measures to stop it from happening again.

THIS. If every hank is supposed to weigh a certain amount (ie each hank weighs the SAME), then you need to be weighing them to know for sure, especially with reports of such discrepency. I had many in my last order below the 11g you've mentioned as "Standard", which means I didn't get my money's worth
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »
I said a lot of the same regarding this whole hank weight and non-weighing issue in the TS thread, but I edited my response and it was deleted, because I didn't want to cause the thread  to get locked, as has become common with these threads because people are so upset by all this.

If we are going to be told that there is a 'standard weight,' then absolutely at some point in the process, the hanks flat-out NEED to be weighed. How can a standard weight even be declared a standard weight if you aren't weighing them? Maybe that attributes to you being unaware that they were so much heavier for years. I am with others in not really getting how you didn't catch this for years, as she was giving half your hair away according to what is claimed to be the standard weight and what was being received. Obviously the number of spins isn't accurate, not when there are discrepancies like 6g-hanks; that is ridiculously underweight, pretty much half of the 'standard 11g.' You aren't ensuring we get the right amount when you don't weigh them, as has become obvious in recent months. If a standard weight is going to be declared, you need to ensure that that is what is shipped. An ex-assistant overdoing the hanks for years is still your issue, as much as it may suck for you, but you're the owner of the business. It seems like she was the one running the machine in most cases given that we've been lead to believe we should receive nearly double what we're getting now, and to really get down to it, when it went on that long, you just need to match that weight, whatever it takes to do so. These hanks even at 11g have been reported as not enough to rehair a single pony, which is what is stated on the site. I think one of the changes that needs to come of this is you need to start weighing the hanks, regardless of spin-count. That's obviously not accurate, if you're sure they're getting the 'correct' number of spins.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Providing communication and customer service is not optional. The two essentials for running a business are providing a product that meets expectations and treating the customer with respect, and you have been falling down on both counts for months. And every time someone calls you on it, you act surprised, as if it's new information to you that it's your job to fulfill your promises and keep people informed. Your personal situation is not the customer's problem; you do the job as it is expected to be done. If you can't do that you make other arrangements, if you can't make arrangements you make announcements, and in all cases you make amends. This is stuff they teach you on the first day of your first minimum-wage customer service job.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »
All orders for MLP hanks placed today or after today will be given MLP hanks with 53 spins instead of 35 spins... so if 35 spins weighs 11 grams, then 53 spins should weigh 16 grams. All hanks will be weighed before they're shipped from now on.

Dollyhair prices will NOT go up as a result of this.

PLEASE allow for a variance of 1 gram either up or down from the 16 gram weight.

I understand that so many of you were disappointed with the smaller weight. I would have been, as well. I apologize. No, I TRULY did not know that Lauren was spinning them more thickly all this time. Please don't think that I was aware of it.

As far as people who have been dissatisfied with underweight hanks in recent orders, please email me with your ASECURECART order number (this is a 5-digit number) and let me know which hanks were underweight. I will send additional hair to you to make up for the size.

Once again, I apologize for all of this.

Tina

[email protected]

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
Looking at my paypal transaction, I don't see a five digit ID.  I have an invoice ID, and a Unique Transaction ID.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
So is this going to be the new standard size? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
Check your order confirmation or sales receipt emails for the number. Here's part of one of mine:

Contents of your purchase :
Cart ID : 19031 *Pretty sure this is the number she means*
 Vendor Product ID : 19031
 Product Description : Vendor site cart purchase: Cart id 19031
 Product Name : Cart purchase:  19031
 Quantity : 1

Vendor Product ID : c_prod_1
 Product Description : My Little Pony -lemonade-
 Product Name : DHMLPH2088
 Quantity : 1
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
I hope I can still find my number. This does make me feel a little better since when I placed an order in December it was a large one. I'll need to go through and weigh my hanks this weekend and report in with an email.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »
All orders for MLP hanks placed today or after today will be given MLP hanks with 53 spins instead of 35 spins... so if 35 spins weighs 11 grams, then 53 spins should weigh 16 grams. All hanks will be weighed before they're shipped from now on.

Dollyhair prices will NOT go up as a result of this.

PLEASE allow for a variance of 1 gram either up or down from the 16 gram weight.

I understand that so many of you were disappointed with the smaller weight. I would have been, as well. I apologize. No, I TRULY did not know that Lauren was spinning them more thickly all this time. Please don't think that I was aware of it.

As far as people who have been dissatisfied with underweight hanks in recent orders, please email me with your ASECURECART order number (this is a 5-digit number) and let me know which hanks were underweight. I will send additional hair to you to make up for the size.

Once again, I apologize for all of this.

Tina

THANK YOU TINA. I believe this is the more correct response most of us were looking for. Thank you for addressing the error (even if you did not think at first it was) and offering assistance in helping to correct the issue at hand. This will give a lot more people a little more justification and courage to order from you in the future. Many of us have been very wary of placing an order because we did not want to fall in to the same problems that have cause all of this. Again, THANK YOU.
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
I second the Thank you. I will be sending you that 5 digit number with the colors and weights tomorrow. I have not had any issues until this last order, which was definitely on the light side. If you make good on your offer to compensate for the lesser hair it will go a long way to reinstall some faith.

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »
Yea!  This seems like a fair solution to those who have been disappointed with smaller hanks. 

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »
well, is 11g then really enought for a rehair of one adult g1 pony ? or did that change?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
Thank you, Tina.  I pleased with the resolution to the problem.  While I haven't noticed any lacking hair coming my way, I have been lurking and people's complaints were beginning to have me concerned.  I think you are taking a great approach to solving this issue. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal