collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!  (Read 6815 times)

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I know that many of you read the thread about the MLP hanks from Dollyhair.com weighing less than they used to. For those of you who don't know, I recently discovered that Lauren, my assistant of five years, was heavy-handed with the hanks... which she is now claiming isn't true, and which makes no sense to me at all, because it would actually have been more time-consuming for her.

At any rate, Lauren quit (amicably) in late October 2012, and I hired a new assistant, Karen, to take her place. Karen has been spinning the hanks per my instructions, which is why Karen's hanks are all smaller than Lauren's were.

I feel bad about the fact that many of you became accustomed to receiving thicker hanks. I REALLY don't know how to address/resolve the issue. Lauren put me in a very bad spot. But I am going to figure something out.

For now, I am offering a coupon code to all of you not only in celebration of the new year, but also in hope that it will help to offset the fact that the hanks are weighing less now. The code works like this:

Spend at least $10.00, and you get a $1.00 discount
Spend at least $20.00, and you get a $3.00 discount
Spend at least $30.00, and you get a $5.00 discount
Spend at least $50.00, and you get a $10.00 discount
Spend at least $60.00, and you get a $14.00 discount

The coupon code is good from now until January 9, and the coupon code is as follows:

I hope you all have a wonderful year!!

Tina
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[email protected]

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:08:18 AM »
Between 1% and 25% off for half the product we were recieving previously and increasingly poor customer service? Seriously?

-Tabby
the princess with claws
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:10:04 AM by Tabbyclaw »

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
You have numerous customers who haven't received their orders and have never received a response to their emails.  They have begun filing Paypal claims.  Maybe you should address them.
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,317815.0.html

Also, for those who want to know more about this issue (ie, hank weight discrepencies), please see this thread.
 http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,316839.0.html

*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
Um yeah.... even if I want to order more hair to make up for the lesser hanks, I can't. I put all the money I had available into the hair which I ordered. :(

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
the cupon code will expire a  full week before i can put in another order
and even then im not likly to do a large enough order to make the discount even woth the effort. 

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »
10.00 to get a whole whopping amazing super... one dollar off... until the checkout nails you with the hidden fee anyways.
Some skimpy discount isn't enough to get my business back.  What it will take is consistent quality in hank weights, waiting times, and communication.  Perhaps you can post the expected weight of what a hank will be onto the ordering page so consumers will know what they're getting, because the picture that's up now next to Applejack is fairly misleading.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 02:13:41 AM »
Yeah, this does nothing to address or resolve the issue.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
It's not just the issue of the hair weighing less- It's the fact that some customisers find that the hanks they receive- Don't rehair the whole pony as promised!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:46 AM »
I think as has been said previously, is that we'd rather have the thicker hanks that we are accustomed to and if we have to, pay a little extra. :huh:

I'm afraid that I agree with the others; you need to address the outstanding issues before trying to encourage more orders. :|

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »
So, for 5 years you didn't notice that the spools of hair only lasted half as long as they should have because she doubled the hanks? How is that even possible?

Puzzle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:33 AM »
I've always gotten my orders in a timely manner, exactly as they should be, and I've always had wonderful communication with you, Tina. Before, I have stood up and stated that in your defense.

However, it is extremely distressing to see the amount of missing hair, missing orders, the lack of reply to customer emails, and the large amounts of money being taken with no product received. Not to mention that your hanks no longer do as advertised - rehair an entire G3 with one hank.

Because of this, I will not be taking advantage of this discount. I don't feel comfortable ordering from you until the current issues and outstanding orders have been fully rectified. This includes that fact that your product no longer does as advertised.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »
Thanks Tina!!!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 06:39:18 AM »
Sorry, but no. You should really work on resolving the issues that people are having. People are not going to want to buy more from you after they've received such poor customer service already.  :huh:

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
Tina, I've been a dollyhair customer for 5 years now, with no problems until my last order.  Like puzzle, I've stood up for you in the past, and even recommended your product, but given the recent events, I'm not comfortable doing that now.   As others have said, I'd like you to address the issues at hand, before I could order from you again.  I've sent you an email addressing my concerns with my last hair order.  I'm waiting on a response.  You've got people not receiving their orders, hanks that are grossly underweight, and no communication.  This coupon code feels like a slap in the face.  Also, I find it very unprofessional to point the blame at former employers, and a little hard to believe you didn't notice this going on for the past few years.  This is your business, and you should be trying to make right with your customers.  :huh:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:05:48 AM by okiegurl1981 »
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 06:54:01 AM »
 :what:

While this is certainly a nice gesture, it does nothing to address customer issues.

Hair weight: this seems fixable, but the situation seems off to me that it was never noticed until now that customers were getting more product than they were supposed to
Non-Response: as someone that runs a small business, this is my number two priority after filling orders. Answering emails and getting back to your customers shows that you value them and their business, and provides an open line of communication to deal with issues that arise.
MIA Orders: when customers place an order, they expect to receive their order, and ideally within a timely manner. In my months ordering from your site I have seen mention to orders being delayed, but no where does it state on your site how long a customer should expect it to take to receive their order.

Speaking for myself, the product that DollyHair offers is good. The customer service needs a lot of work. I have issues with half of the orders I've placed with the site. That doesn't sit right with me.  My last two orders (placed within 12 hours of each other) have shown me that I play Russian roulette when ordering from the DollyHair site. One arrived with no issues except being on the slim side, but the other has gone MIA. The fact that I couldn't even get a response as to whether or not my order even shipped makes me not even want to waste my time trying to address the slimness of the other order.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal