collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Its a new Pinkie Pie! But not really...in more than one way...  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: Its a new Pinkie Pie! But not really...in more than one way...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
Re: the set, I don't care for it. I will cry with laughter if they have used the G3.5 voice in there and people expecting Pinkie will get the gumball-duckfaced-goosh that was G3.5 instead.

Re: Hasbro giving a spare buck about collectors... They don't have to.
Why are they releasing the Mane 6 all the time? Because little girls/little boys/bronies/everyone else will come into the show at different times, and will go 'Oh hey! Twilight is awesome! I wonder if there's a toy of her?' and then they - or their parents - will happily impulse buy the Mane 6 at $5 a pop. But if the Mane 6 aren't there on the shelves then Hasbro has lost sales. The non-Mane-6 ponies appeal to the impulse fans in some cases (Trixie) but not all, and as such they're more shelf-padding than actual sales. Collectors may want them, kids may not. think of how often loose G3s and G4s end up on eBay because a child has gotten bored of their toys? They are a $5 throwaway item, blind bags more so aside from the obvious choking hazard problems.

Oh and I don't think they're meant to read these boards as part of market research anyway. I'm not sure they're even allowed to as part of their job, people working on the animated shows definitely aren't meant to be here.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »
There's no reason people working on the show couldn't be here.  Two of them were in the past but I haven't seen them lately.  There's also an animator active on the Allspark Transformers board.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes this despite having 10 Pinkie Pies, none of them which I bought single?  :blush:

Jenn1983

• Trade Count: (0)
New special pinkie pie?
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »
Browsing the web for pony news, I came across this picture of pinkie pie in a random merchandise post

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She seems to be fashion sized, I haven't seen her and was wondering if anyone knows when she's coming out? Or what she's for cause she has special leg designs.

Here's the link to the web page I found it.
http://www.mlponies.com/2013/01/06/sunday-merch-madness-008/

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New special pinkie pie?
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
Whoa! I didn't know she was fashion sized. There is another thread about her. Where is she being found?
~Foxtale~

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
I don't think she is FS size, maybe an in between... but even with a normal Pinkie there it's hard to be really accurate XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »
I saw this posted somewhere and they had noted that she was between brushable and fashion size, but a new size nonetheless. Not as small as brushable, but not as big as fashion style. Maybe more like the size of the brushable princesses I'm thinking?

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »
Hm, I thought she was just a regular sized brushable! I guess that's kind of cool but I'm pretty sure everyone is getting tired of all the Pinkie merch -_-

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
OMG NEW SIZE

I mean uh...interesting! I hadn't heard of her before. I guess this means there are more medium sized ponies to come, right?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 09:58:12 PM »
medium-sized! aka "Correctly Sized MLP". XD

Jenn1983

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »
Apologies for the mis-sizing. She looks bigger so I assumed she was in a size I knew, which is fs. Lol.

I haven't any idea where she is being found, when she's coming out, what she's coming out for and whether or not there will be others. I was hoping ppl here could help me out. Lol.

I like the new size if there is a noticable difference between them and the fashion size, otherwise its just a slightly shorter fashion sized and no different them buying a fashion sized, except less accessories, and a brush that talks, and who needs that?(I know I'm debating whether I want it or not, I keep telling myself I'm to old why does my hairbrush need to talk? Lol)

I am so sick of the main six, I like the tinsel version, just cause they are different but hate the tinsel in their hari(still aren't sold on getting them, lol). I wish they would start making the blind bag ponies in brushables. Hopefully they will, I need some bright colored brushables.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
I am so sick of the main six, I like the tinsel version, just cause they are different but hate the tinsel in their hari(still aren't sold on getting them, lol). I wish they would start making the blind bag ponies in brushables. Hopefully they will, I need some bright colored brushables.

I agree 100%! You think the constant mane 6 ponies are bad, though? Apparently this Pinkie pie set is a rehashed idea from Gen 3.5... Here's the thread if you're interested:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319025.0.html

Hasbroooo! When we ask for new play sets this is not what we mean! :rant:

Jenn1983

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
Thanks for that, I guess I missed it.

Very lame that they are doing it, why?
There are 100s of ponies they could have made, or how about some new ponies completely original ponies? Like brand new names, cutie marks, etc?

I won't hold my breath though. Lol.

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »
Wow, I thought she was just a regular playful pony, the fact that she is between brushable and fashion style sized is very cool!  Even if it is just more main 6 (and Pinkie Pie, even), it is a pretty neat to see a new G4 pony size. 

Water_Fire

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »
I'm rather curious about the G3 style brush that's in with her. Was that meant to happen?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal