collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yet More Blind Bags?  (Read 3281 times)

CrimsonEtClover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Yet More Blind Bags?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
The Barber pony is really the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time! I love his mustache! Where have these been spotted?

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
How awesome/creepy would several colors of translucent ponies in the same pose chopped up and then glued back together as a custom be? Maybe just in half... or mix and match horns and wings? Mixed with opaque ponies and given fading paint jobs?

I haven't bought any blind bags in a while (for all the reasons mentioned), though I really coooould go for some neon ones..... hmmmm.
..... I LIKE THIS IDEA! Kind of makes me wonder if you melted a few that were different colors and put them back into a mold what it would look like!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 01:53:38 PM »
The Barber pony is really the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time! I love his mustache! Where have these been spotted?

The Barber is in wave 7 the white bags to come. These ones I have pictured were on ebay from one of the Chinese sellers who often has the blind bag size characters before they are confirmed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
I am totally excited.
Why?
Because I love ponies, and I love blind bags, and I really love translucent things. It's like a formula that can never go wrong for me.
I just somehow hope they WILL make it to the store, since everyone is like *snore* on blind bags lately. It worries me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
I am totally excited.
Why?
Because I love ponies, and I love blind bags, and I really love translucent things. It's like a formula that can never go wrong for me.
I just somehow hope they WILL make it to the store, since everyone is like *snore* on blind bags lately. It worries me.
I doubt they will stop making the blind bags, even if members here are starting to get tired of them there are bronies and other collectors outside of the arena who want them
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »
I am totally excited.
Why?
I doubt they will stop making the blind bags, even if members here are starting to get tired of them there are bronies and other collectors outside of the arena who want them

I'm aware. I believe that the biggest buyers of ponies are NOT on our forum. I believe they are moms and fans of the show (who may or MAY NOT call themselves bronies, because some people get offended by that term). And at least to moms, that it's not going to matter if a bag is purple, white, or blue. It's the same thing.

I just more so am thinking, maybe there are too many in a short period of time. And it'll kinda be like a clogged drain.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 04:28:28 PM »
There are some interesting "prototypes" of bbs in this plastic style on taobao and ebay right now
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:33:21 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
There are some interesting "prototypes" of bbs in this plastic style on taobao and ebay right now

The eyes on those boys look evil... Just what are they planning?  :yikes:
I'll admit, they do look kind of neat... Maybe I'll sell off my wave of glitter BBs and get some of these.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »
Huh... that Pinkie in the upper left with the forward facing head looks really cute. I wonder if she'd stand up better then the normal mold, too...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
I like these!  I sure wish we'd get some new poses, though.  Or even reuse the "special" poses like the Wonderbolt one, Diamond Tiara . . . heck, even Gilda.   There must be tons of griffons out there and WHO IS TO SAY some of them aren't more colorful than the two we've seen (Gilda and that chef).

I haven't been getting blind bags because the stores nearby don't carry them.  I'm hoping they'll eventually show up in secondhand shops, though.

I do really, really want the Barber pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
I am totally excited.
Why?

I'm aware. I believe that the biggest buyers of ponies are NOT on our forum. I believe they are moms and fans of the show (who may or MAY NOT call themselves bronies, because some people get offended by that term). And at least to moms, that it's not going to matter if a bag is purple, white, or blue. It's the same thing.

I just more so am thinking, maybe there are too many in a short period of time. And it'll kinda be like a clogged drain.

I agree...I think the whole thing is a potential catch 22.

If retailers will see the line doing well they will buy in larger quantities. The problem is they buy in lots and lots of the same wave - then you risk them not shifting as collectors [no matter what they call themselves] will not purchase repeat waves too often. So then you need the mums and kids to purchase the ponies [lol!]. If waves dont sell because every collector/mum in the area is bought out of those ponies then the retailer will not order more and thereby you risk either missing a wave or the retailer reconsidering the product.

Honestly I believe the above reason is why Hasbro is churning out wave after wave at such a speed - it means retailers dont ever risk having too much of a wave as by the time one wave if off the shelves and the retailer orders more stock, its the next wave...so the cycle continues.
Loa is my love god!

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 05:50:20 PM »
I think retailers are catching onto the blindbag impulse buy connection.  A lot of people don't think much about spending amounts under 5$ and grouping them with the other blind bag items help too because basically grabby hands will go for whatever the most appealing package is to them.  If I laid out a store I'd have a box with the pony section for people who are after them specifically, and a box near the registers for impulse buys.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
I am so far behind on blind bags it's not even funny any more, we just don't get them down here :(

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »
I love the "frosted" semi-clear ponies- they look like candy :D

I also love that Barber pony-  I totally thought he was going to be a new evil character for season 3- but now that I have his official release, his backcard is so ordinary and friendly! 

The ponies with the eyes like the Barber pony all look super evil.

I am really really not liking that there are no new poses or molds.  How hard would it be to introduce just ONE more - maybe use one of the ones used in the special sets (like Applebloom mold).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 04:04:32 PM »
I love the "frosted" semi-clear ponies- they look like candy :D

I also love that Barber pony-  I totally thought he was going to be a new evil character for season 3- but now that I have his official release, his backcard is so ordinary and friendly! 

The ponies with the eyes like the Barber pony all look super evil.

I am really really not liking that there are no new poses or molds.  How hard would it be to introduce just ONE more - maybe use one of the ones used in the special sets (like Applebloom mold).

What does his backcard say?

They could have done something better with the eyes if he isnt at least a little grumpy. :P
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal