collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DJOctaviasymphony/ponyadore Banned!!  (Read 11904 times)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Re: DJOctaviasymphony/ponyadore Banned!!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
Arg... I figured that this would happen eventually. I'm definitely out money (but not as much as a lot of other people). And this was my first scam experience after a year and a half of being on the boards. At least most everyone is pretty awesome :D

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:40 PM »
I was afraid this would eventually happen. I almost made a trade with DJ back in September but ended up calling it off because it seemed fishy. She wanted some g4 merch in trade for a number of trading cards...but kept forgetting what the trade was and for what items etc. I think there were three or four times where she asked what we were trading again, so I just got fed up and said never mind.

I am so sorry to the people who did get scammed by her. I hope you can all open up pay pal claims or find some way to rectify the situations she has put you all in. So sorry!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
I followed the thread about her and was amazed at how crazy it got with all the different problems and excuses. It's so awful that people think it is okay to rip people off just because you can't see them. Behind the computer people think they can do what they like.

It's so great we have dedicated moderators to keep a track of these things and work hard to help stop these people continuing causing harm.

Hopefully many of you will get your money back at least and will never experience something like that again  :heart:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »
 :bump:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 06:04:12 PM »
This girl is unbelievable! So sorry to the people who got scammed out of their hard earned cash.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Arianna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
Not excusing her, though I think that she could be a kid, and not in the know of how serious all this is.  I just don't see an adult pulling some of this stuff (the 'TROLL' post and the blaming her sister.)  Again, I am not making an excuse for her, but I just do not see this as coming from someone over the age of 21.  If she is, then she is seriously immature, to a problematic (I mean in-need-of-professional-help) degree.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
So what's the update? Has she been caught for fraud? Maybe go to a news crew about it, I'm sure  they'd be interested in local fraud stories. I hope everyone got their refund, this just makes me blood boil.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 09:46:47 PM »
I know this is 'too little too late,' but back when I made a post for card-pickup during EQLA (beginning of November I think), DJOctaviasymphony PM'd me, asking me to pick them up a set. I didn't see this post until after I told them it was too late, and was wondering where they would come up with the money for even MORE purchases, when they were having trouble refunding their previous buyers... :/ What a shame, I'm sorry for the people who got scammed! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »
Not excusing her, though I think that she could be a kid, and not in the know of how serious all this is.  I just don't see an adult pulling some of this stuff (the 'TROLL' post and the blaming her sister.)  Again, I am not making an excuse for her, but I just do not see this as coming from someone over the age of 21.  If she is, then she is seriously immature, to a problematic (I mean in-need-of-professional-help) degree.

I think the "TROLL TROLL TROLL" post was meant to throw the blame on her imaginary sister.   "Blame the imaginary relative" seems to be a favorite hobby of scammers!

I don't think she's crazy and I didn't get a sense she was young.  Her actions were pretty logical, if you look at them from the point of view of someone with no morals:  pretend to have valuable stuff, get people to send you money, and then string them along for as long as you can so you can continue stealing money.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Arianna

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »

I don't think she's crazy and I didn't get a sense she was young.  Her actions were pretty logical, if you look at them from the point of view of someone with no morals:  pretend to have valuable stuff, get people to send you money, and then string them along for as long as you can so you can continue stealing money.

True...

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 01:42:45 AM »
According to both profiles, she is 26.  Not a number I would expect someone to randomly choose twice.  KWIM?
:socks:   :frog:

popyduggan

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 05:43:30 AM »
I'm sorry to all who got burned and I guess I'm lucky she gave me the cold shoulder on a deal I was trying to set up for some G4s.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
So what's the update? Has she been caught for fraud? Maybe go to a news crew about it, I'm sure  they'd be interested in local fraud stories. I hope everyone got their refund, this just makes me blood boil.
Or contacting her city's police department about being ripped off? This many people and this much money it's worth reporting.

I still have the poster tube my posters were mailed in. I don't know if it has a return address on it (it's in my dorm so I can't check for another week or so) but if it does would I be allowed to let who got scammed know what city she is based in so they may call the city police?

Duster reference]

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »
If anyone is seriously thinking about making a police report, I have her address.  ;)

There should be something they can do considering she has done this numerous times and to numerous people.  I mean I see cases on Judge Judy all the time where people take people to court over fraud on a single item on ebay. So surely there must be something they can do.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
w.o.w.

I'm deeply sorry to everyone who got scammed by her. 
looking into a re-branding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal