collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DJOctaviasymphony/ponyadore Banned!!  (Read 11915 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: DJOctaviasymphony/ponyadore Banned!!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
How disgusting... I was just reading through a thread yesterday in which a large group of people were having problems with her and I kept thinking "no, she's just unlucky, arena members are good people..." Makes me wary to buy from strangers again, ick.

I'm so sorry to everyone she ripped off. I just really can't believe someone would scam arena members like this and act so flippant about it, and do it twice! DJ/Ponyadore, stay off the arena. Take a hint, your smiles and lies aren't fooling everyone.

I really hope karma comes around and bites her in the butt. Hugs for everyone who lost money and ponies to this person. :(

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
Good job, mods! We're so lucky to have you.
And best of luck to everyone scammed by DJ/ponyadore. I hope she gets what's coming to her.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 03:16:14 AM »

Same here! I bought the four G4 Walmart posters from her as my first forum purchase and she was great. I wonder if she was just trying to build up good feedback so people would trust her? :(

Thats possible. Sometimes scammers do that - a few years ago,I and quite a few others  were scammed by someone who was no problem to deal with to start with... but then she stole our money, and she tried to come back twice more after she was banned to try and do it again.   Thankfully these people are usually found out pretty quickly and we dont get many bad ones like that on here, but I'm very sad for all those who have been dealing with DJOctavia  :sad:  I hope that at least some of you will be able to get your money back
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 04:14:20 AM »
Omg, how awful.
Im sorry to all the people who she scammed.
I hope you can get your money back somehow! :(

Thank you :heart:

Offline ponylady

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 05:43:03 AM »
Giving this a bump up!!!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »
Same here! I bought the four G4 Walmart posters from her as my first forum purchase and she was great. I wonder if she was just trying to build up good feedback so people would trust her? :( I hope everyone that got scammed by her gets their money/trades back. I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. Thank you mods.
I got the Walmart posters as my first purchase too! Gosh, I had no idea she had a history of being a scammer, everything went super smoothly! I wouldn't be surprised if the few of us who did get our product were used to build feedback to gain trust.

I'm so sorry you guys are out money and products. I really hope the best for you all.

Duster reference]

kaskurgi

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:31 PM »
Probably exactly what she was doing building her feedback up to scam at a later date. I am so sorry to all of you that lost anything. Is there a list of items people were scammed out of that we could use as a reference? I don't have much in the lines of non-G4 but I -will- keep my eye out :|

Same here! I bought the four G4 Walmart posters from her as my first forum purchase and she was great. I wonder if she was just trying to build up good feedback so people would trust her? :( I hope everyone that got scammed by her gets their money/trades back. I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. Thank you mods.

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 07:19:48 AM »
I posted this in the other thread about her, but thought it would be useful here too.

Well, looks like it could be time to bring up this link again: Internet Crimes Complaint Center  The IC3 is a division of the FBI. Filing a complaint with them will guarantee action will be taken. This is Ponyadore/DJOctaviaSymphony's second scam session with us. There is every reason to believe the second time was done with malicious intent, especially when she was offering to sell/trade items and using photos stolen from auctions.

If you are missing money or items from her, I highly recommend you file with the Internet Crimes Complaint Center.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »
Probably exactly what she was doing building her feedback up to scam at a later date. I am so sorry to all of you that lost anything. Is there a list of items people were scammed out of that we could use as a reference? I don't have much in the lines of non-G4 but I -will- keep my eye out :|

I backed out of a trade with her just a month ago because of the other thread. But what she wanted to trade me was a G4 Plumsweet. I acquired it from somebody else, but I still had other needs so I decided to do a custom trade with her for blind bags. She never seemed to remember what we were trading, it was kind of annoying but a red flag in my mind, which is why I called it off. I'm really glad I took so long to do that custom...

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline ponylady

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 09:23:10 AM »
Thank goodness LadyS!

I am always a bit leary when someone joins and heads straight to For Sale. But thats me and its not always bad but I still am leary. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Arianna

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 10:34:25 AM »
This is horrible to read. :(

I'm sorry for everyone involved who's been scammed.

I do hope you can get your money back.

pallas

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
Wow, just Wow. 

She did seem really over eager and was replying to almost every sale/trade thread I would read.  She contacted me about some gold trading cards but then her paypal had issues, needed more time, the excuses kept coming finally I just let it drop it sorta didn't feel right to me anyway.

I guess grabbing a bunch of free posters and then selling them to get feedback is now a sign of a potential scammer. 

Sorry for everyone who was ripped off, this does indeed make me much more cautious and I don't necessary like that, I do like trusting people...sigh. 

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
Thank goodness LadyS!

I am always a bit leary when someone joins and heads straight to For Sale. But thats me and its not always bad but I still am leary.
Nah you have a right to be cautious about that. Then again, the reason I joined was because I was looking for a Pink Glitter Twilight Sparkle XD

I'm so sorry for you guys being victims...that ain't right...on the bright side we can pass the experience to others on the arena and the mods will be able to crack down scammers easier.

Scammers in our arena?

G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Ugh...just disgusted.  So sorry that one person can ruin the fun of collecting for so many people.  *sigh*  :hug: to all involved

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
Happy that we have great mods on this site! Sorry for all of you out there that had to deal with this stuff :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal