collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Installing" TEs  (Read 370 times)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
"Installing" TEs
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
I'd like to transition from just gluing my rhinestones onto the eyes of my TE customs to actually insetting them into the eye, but my attempts so far have been failures. Does anyone have tips on how to do it?

What kind of hole do you cut into the eye? Anyone not using a dremel? Because, unfortunately, I don't have one and am using an exacto knife >_<; The holes aren't the smoothest, but I'm trying to use apoxie sculpt to round things out.

Also, after cutting the hole, how do you keep the eye from falling through into the head? ^^;

Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SDstang

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: "Installing" TEs
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
you dont have to use a dremel if you have a drill with a small enought bit.  I have never done this for in stalling TE eyes but have used a drill with a small bit on a pony.

to keep the eyes in you could put apoxie sculpt on the inside of the head where the TE eye will go, and then puch the cyrstal into the apoxie sculpt.

thats how I would do it. hope that helps!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
I use my exacto knife. I push it in the center of teh eye, then make an X through the pupil and iris
then I cut out those pieces carefully. the circle doen't have to be 100% smooth, but as close as you can.

Before I do the I've measured the millimeters of the eye, and selected the right size rhinestones. the hole needs to be juuuuuust big enough for it to squeeze in. Then, I use apoxie sculpt inside the head behind each eye to hold it in place
and lastly, be careful painting!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
Very cool Roogna.

You could attach a wire to the back of you jewel before installing, make the wire long enough to reach either the bottom of the head or the other side, this allows you to push a little and not lose the eye.  Similar to how glass eyes come.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal