collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 21443 times)

Offline WinterSparkle

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • WinterSparkle Customs
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
That's just sad it has been going on since then, I mean I got into the community and customizing in 2008, and I NEVER had any issues with her until now... there was a time in 2010/2011 that I started to order from a few other places just to see what they had to offer, plus since I heard there were problems with DH. Then now I decided to try again since i wanted some colors from there, and it just went wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by http://royalsforever.deviantart.com

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
@Wintersparkle Did you use a Credit Card through Paypal? SOmetimes credit card companies have a longer dispute window and you may have an option there.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
You are not alone Sunshine. I know a couple people directly who I will not name out of respect for their privacy who think that Dollyhair gets special treatment because she has been around for so long and they are afraid to speak up because they think the moderators will just make excuses for her and then lock and hide the posts. They are of the assumption that because she is the only one who carries those hair colors that no one will stand up to her and no one will back the people who DO stand up to her. So they stay mostly quiet unless someone else says something first.

:( I'm sorry that you feel this way Maniah, but please be assured that no-one gets special treatment just because they've been around a long time. Neither will we make excuses for anyone, and threads only get locked or removed if it becomes a flame war/gets personal/ breaks Arena rules... that kind of thing .  We would not delete someones trader support thread just because they have an issue with someone else who has been in the community for a long time. TS is here to help protect the community and  so that members can speak up if they have problems - whoever those problems are with- and we can try and help to resolve the issues. If people dont speak up, then how can anyone know what potential problems there are?  so of course we encourage people to post here if they are having a buying/selling/trading problem ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
Have you heard anything yet, WinterSparkle? I've been e-mailing Dollyhair a couple of times a week for the past few weeks and still have not heard anything. (I tried calling the two phone numbers I have for them as well and have never gotten anyone to pick up the phone on either.)

I mean I know we just had christmas , but I stared e-mailing long before christmas and now christmas has passed. Their website also no longer has the message about being swamped and not responding to e-mails, nor does it have anything about being away for the holidays, so surely they should be up and running again now and able to respond. It's upsetting me greatly that I still have not heard anything after weeks of repeated attempts to contact them. It's just so unprofessional. I feel like I am being completely ignored as a customer.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »
That's because you ARE being completely ignored as a customer. *comforts* I hope you manage to get it sorted out. Do you maybe have a secondary email you can email her from just in case you are going in the spam folder!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
This makes me so sad... I really love their hair! :(

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
That's because you ARE being completely ignored as a customer. *comforts* I hope you manage to get it sorted out. Do you maybe have a secondary email you can email her from just in case you are going in the spam folder!
I have sent from multiple e-mail addresses, yes. I just wish I had an account that let me use read receipts to see if the messages have been read. My business account should allow me to do that, but it doesn't.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
Well I appreciate this thread... is it something that, if we have someone ask us about using DH that we should mention this occurring? I wouldn't want others to send away their hard earned dollars and just be left hanging, but I also don't want to be the one who's running around talking "smack" about someone who's running a business...

I do understand where Maniah is coming from, I personally don't have any negative experiences with that kind of thing, but I do know from real life experiences, sometimes it's hard to want to bring up something against the "popular kid", if we were to relate this to high school. But I do also believe that the mods here have been fair and helped me in any issues I've had, so I do appreciate feeling like I CAN talk to the mods about someone who may be a well known, well loved member who I have a problem with...

Anyway, sorry for the babbling, I was just happy I could share my experience, I would love to be able to share a positive one as well about DH, and I hope in the future I read about how happy everyone is with their service and product, etc... and then I would gladly buy from her again! :) I'm dying to, quite honestly...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »
Well I appreciate this thread... is it something that, if we have someone ask us about using DH that we should mention this occurring? I wouldn't want others to send away their hard earned dollars and just be left hanging, but I also don't want to be the one who's running around talking "smack" about someone who's running a business...

I do understand where Maniah is coming from, I personally don't have any negative experiences with that kind of thing, but I do know from real life experiences, sometimes it's hard to want to bring up something against the "popular kid", if we were to relate this to high school. But I do also believe that the mods here have been fair and helped me in any issues I've had, so I do appreciate feeling like I CAN talk to the mods about someone who may be a well known, well loved member who I have a problem with...

Anyway, sorry for the babbling, I was just happy I could share my experience, I would love to be able to share a positive one as well about DH, and I hope in the future I read about how happy everyone is with their service and product, etc... and then I would gladly buy from her again! :) I'm dying to, quite honestly...
I think this is a very fair point, Sunshine.

I was a bit surprised to find out that many of these issues have been happening for years. In my own orders (of which there have been maybe 4), one was delayed because she was down a person this summer, one from last month had no issues, and the second for last month is MIA.

As a newbie, I went with DH because that's what the community was using. I'm not saying that I'll never order from them again, but I know I won't be ordering if I need the hair for a swap or any custom that needs to get done in a timely manner.

Good product, poor customer service, is what I'm taking away from all of this.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
Pretend you went to Wal*Mart for a moment.  Pretend your cart is full.  You just paid, but the cashier takes your buggy and drives it into the back, behind doors you cannot pass and ignores your protests.  Are you going to call a store manager or the police regarding theft of your property?  Well, of COURSE you are! 

This seems like a pretty valid comparison to me, really. I know a lot of people want to give dollyhair the benefit of the doubt because "well she has a lot of orders to fill" or "well its the holidays" or "well she had a baby a while back." But none of those situations in any way excuse her behavior. If she wants to run a business, then she needs to be able to meet her obligations and act like a professional, no matter how big or small her company is. Right now she is not acting as a business professional and I think it's absolutely deplorable. I just wish there was more that could be done.

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 03:44:28 PM »
She did mention she is in some legal trouble with her husband a couple of weeks ago when she last posted. Hopefully, she isn't in jail or in a hospital.

But yes, overall, this is a very unprofessional situation.

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
I placed an order with DH a few days before Christmas and it arrived today.  I had been previously notified by e-mail that one of the limited stock colors I was interested in was no longer available and issued a refund; everything else in my order was fine.  It seems that orders are still being filled and shipped, but that the owner is behind on correspondence about orders that went missing in the mail or had mistakes like missing hanks.  I agree that correspondence from DH should be more timely (at least to let people know that the problems are being looked into).  I know it must be frustrating for everyone waiting to hear about a problem order, but I hope it's a good sign that orders are still being shipped--it doesn't sound like DH is deliberately trying to disappear completely with everyone's money.  I hope that everyone with missing/problem orders is able to get a refund or a resolution soon!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
I sent a mail to her yesterday cuz I'm waiting now 6 weeks (placed an order on 23rd of November)
Not sure if I should open a paypal disput cuz I never had any problems before.

Sometimes the german customs grabs the sendings from dollyhair so it would not dollyhairs fault if there's a delay.
Difficult situation for me now  :huh:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »
Please keep this on topic. It is to discuss who is having trouble with DH. It is not a place to discuss other hair suppliers.  Thank You. PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »
I sent a mail to her yesterday cuz I'm waiting now 6 weeks (placed an order on 23rd of November)
Not sure if I should open a paypal disput cuz I never had any problems before.

Sometimes the german customs grabs the sendings from dollyhair so it would not dollyhairs fault if there's a delay.
Difficult situation for me now  :huh:

I would open a claim before it's too late. If your items show up then I'm sure it can all be straightened out, but if you miss the claim window you are out your money and your products which has happened to others before.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal