collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 21533 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
Occasionally, there are public announcements; usually pertaining to banning, but not always.  :)

The original thread where people were inquiring about support with DollyHair was in the Customs board and became quite lengthy (as well as locked! :D ) when it was obvious that Customer Service was "closed for the holidays", as it were.  But not everyone looking for help with their transactions is going to think to check the Customs board.  And locked threads no longer are visible so people weren't able to go and see the discussion afterwards. 

But someone made a post here in TS so now it can be assured that we, the community, have done our part to keep our pony-neighbors informed.  :) 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline WinterSparkle

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • WinterSparkle Customs
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
thanks baby squirmy :) anyone got hold of her?

Avatar by http://royalsforever.deviantart.com

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
And locked threads no longer are visible so people weren't able to go and see the discussion afterwards.
A quick use of our search function will bring up what you need  ;) It does not have to be an active thread to find out the information you are seeking. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Thanks for that bit PL.  I was confused for a sec.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
Your welcome rybett! That bit of information quoted was a tad misleading.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
And locked threads no longer are visible so people weren't able to go and see the discussion afterwards.
A quick use of our search function will bring up what you need  ;) It does not have to be an active thread to find out the information you are seeking. 

Very true!  It is also true that if you don't know the thread exists, you might not think to search  for it.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
If you don't know about a thread, does it exist?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Sadly, as Dollyhair seems to be a cottage business, you won't be able to contact the BBB to make any headway.

While Dollyhair isn't accredited with the BBB, she is still listed with her local BBB and you can still file a complaint through them. So while the BBB doesn't have any jurisdiction over her business, the complaints would show up on the listing.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Sadly, as Dollyhair seems to be a cottage business, you won't be able to contact the BBB to make any headway.

While Dollyhair isn't accredited with the BBB, she is still listed with her local BBB and you can still file a complaint through them. So while the BBB doesn't have any jurisdiction over her business, the complaints would show up on the listing.
The BBB can't do anything, and is a business itself, not a government entity.  You can file a complaint about a business, but the business isn't obligated to reply or address the complaint.  Not to mention their shady practice of offering to remove complaints for a fee.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
As I said, I know the BBB doesn't have any jurisdiction over her. But it is a channel through which you can file a complaint that they will send to her, and when/if it gets posted to their site, other people looking up information about her business could see those complaints listed. So while it may not do anything, it doesn't hurt or cost you anything to just file a complaint. I know if I were a business owner and started getting complaints from the BBB it might make me want to change some things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:26:00 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
I just wanted to peep in here... I was always afraid to speak up about my problem I had with Dollyhair like a year and a half ago (or whenever Tina was having her baby...)... it was my first order ever, she had had great communication with me because I had e-mailed her and asked her if she could recommend some hair colors for certain ponies because I had never purchased hair, etc... she sent me two samples (the little plugs on cards), and it was great. I hopped online right after that and ordered that hair from her.

Well it never arrived, and I got no communication. I pestered a person on Facebook who apparently WAS having communication with her, so much about it, that they got mad at me... I knew she was busy with having a baby, and all I wanted was someone to say, "I'll ship it as soon as we have this baby" or "I won't get to it for a little bit"... close the store, etc... she finally did put up a notice about it... took a Paypal dispute to get my money back.

I really never wanted to say anything because I thought I was the odd case out, and I know she's a huge provider of pony hair and I personally don't know where else to shop so I don't ever get to do customs because now I'm gunshy of ordering from here. I'm glad someone else posted... thank you all, mods and users. :)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:57 PM »
Glad you shared, Sunshine. Unfortunately I think things like that happen too much - someone is well known and 'trusted' in the pony community so people don't speak up about their experiences. We should always share when things go wrong so that other people know things aren't going well and can be careful.

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 05:43:45 AM »
I just filed a complaint with the BBB over a similar issue with DollyHair, though mine is only from November. I also found a site called Rip-off Report, where people can file complaints about companies as well. From what I understand, they are merely there for people to file about companies and don't actually do much with them, just post them on their site for others to see.

I think the other hard thing with getting upset over small businesses, like DollyHair, is that you know it's just one or two people, and most of us are understanding when life throws something your way. Even though I got one of my two orders from November in a timely manner, I was patient with my second one because I know the holidays are a busy time. Then after seeing her note on the site about backlogged orders shipping out on the 2nd, I figured mine would go out at that time as well.

I hope you're able to get things worked out WinterSparkle! Good luck!
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 07:59:02 AM »
I wish people had come forward with these issues much sooner.  I am sickened to hear that this has been going on since 2006!  Seriously, DollyHair would have been one of the first entries to the Bad Trader List if I had known.  :( 

It does not matter if you are a international conglomerate with thousands of workers or a woman in her basement with a spooling machine, if you advertise your business on the internet and accept payment from customers, you must behave in the same professional manner as each other because you appear to be the same thing to your customer - a BUSINESS.  No excuses.  If a situation arises that means that shipping and order processing will be delayed, a notice needs to go up on the website immediately and Paypal needs to put her account on "standby/vacation" so that people can't send money and expect services/product. 

Seriously this makes me so mad on behalf of the pony community that I'm gritting my teeth and growling as I type.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Squirmy Dear, you do an awesome job taking care of us.  You can't know everything though.  I personally had good luck with DH for all but the last two orders.  That seems to be a normal thing; six of one, half a dozen of the other as far as experiences go.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal