collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My mail was stolen... Now what do I do?  (Read 828 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
My mail was stolen... Now what do I do?
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
I'd been expecting an MLP comic for over a week.  It was supposed to come boarded in a large envelope.  Well, the envelope came, but there was nothing in it.  It was completely torn at the top.

It's really frustrating and heartbreaking, especially since this week has been bad enough already.  And what's worse, my Mom and Dad both told me that there's really nothing I can do.  But I feel like that's not right, and that I can't just sit back and take it.  Please tell me there is something I can do...

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: My mail was stolen... Now what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
I would contact the postal service, or whatever service that it was delivered with. There has to be something that  can be done :(

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »
Yikes, the whole top would have had to be torn off for it to come out of there. It sounds like it may have been caught in the USPS's sorting machine. 

I would contact your local post office and tell them that you have a package that lost it's contents. Then, request that they initiate a MRC Search Request. MRC stands for Mail Recovery Center, which is the Postal Service center that ultimately receives all the mail and packages that are undeliverable for whatever reason. If a package is damaged in handling and loses some of its contents, or if the address labels get torn off or defaced so that the item is undeliverable, it gets sent to the MRC.

The PO will need to gather some information from you to complete the form though. First, to file a MRC Search Request, the value of your lost item or its contents must be valued at $25 or more. You will need to give them the sender's and recipient's addresses. They will also need the phone numbers of both parties, if you have them. Most importantly, you will need to give a very complete description of the package and its contents, as this will help the MRC staff narrow down their search and locate your article faster.

Once you have given the USPS all the required information, the form will be emailed and you will be notified by them if they find your article. Don't expect a quick reply though, as they unfortunately have a lot of lost articles to look through.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
Yeah, that's weird. I'd agree and say maybe it got caught in the sorting machine.. but usually, if something gets like that, they'll send you the rest in a bag that says something like "damaged during shipping". You say you just got the opened envelope, nothing on it saying it was damaged? D:

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Awww sorry to hear about this but yeah contact your Post office. Dainty this happened to you recently too with the sister barrette I sent you. Did you ever get in contact about your damaged package?

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I hope everything works out.
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  I haven't been able to go to the post office yet because of work and school, but I'll be able to tomorrow.

The good news is that it wasn't my comic, as I picked that up today.  The bad news is, if it wasn't the comic, what was it?  Could it have been my swap pony?  That'd be even worse...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
If someone mailed a pony in a  paper manila envelope, it could very easily happen.  :(  Are you talking about a bubble mailer or a paper envelope?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal