collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confirmed delivery.. but buyer doesn't have the item? UPDATE  (Read 1406 times)

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
Confirmed delivery.. but buyer doesn't have the item? UPDATE
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
I'm having an issue that isn't .. really pony related, but I hope it is okay I can ask here.
I sent out a package on November 30th and on the USPS website the tracking number shows that the package was confirmed as delivered on December 3rd.
But the issue is, my buyer does not have their items yet. What could be going on? This person is a frequent buyer so I highly doubt they are lying. I gave them the tracking number and advised that they called their local post office to see if they might know anything about it.
Is there anything else I can do to help resolve the issue?

UPDATE: The buyer's mother had the package and didn't recognize it so she put it aside. Problem is fixed and everyone is happy.  ^.^
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:18:11 AM by ZettaMomo »

MyLittleLambie

Re: Confirmed delivery.. but buyer doesn't have the item?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
Unfortunately, it might have been delivered to the wrong home, or possibly even stolen off the porch??  I had a similar thing happen to me.  Someone sent me a package I never got, but the delivery confirmation said "delivered."  Now, there was almost always someone home, so I don't think my package got stolen after delivery, but I think it ended up at the wrong home (and that person kept it).  I contacted my local post office and even talked to the delivery guy, but he couldn't remember that far back (a week).

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
That happened to me to-  only I was the buyer.   I also  think someone swiped the package off my front porch. 

That is why I now have everything shipped to my work address- and we got a big locking mailbox for the small stuff.  :(

I agree that it also could have been miss-delivered.  If that is the case it could be a while before the package re-surfaces, as there will be a delay as the person who received it gives it back (if in fact they do) and then for the post office to return it or try to re-deliver.

What a pain! I am sorry to hear about your trouble-   

ZettaMomo

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »
Drat. I really hope no one swiped it.  :(
I put Care Bear stickers on the front of the package and the back has a seal with my shop name on it, so if the post office itself doesn't know anything maybe I can ask the buyer to describe that their post man and see if they might remember.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
My guess the PO forgot to leave her a slip, so it's sitting at the post office waiting for her to pick it up. I would have her drop by her local PO and check to see if they have anything for her there.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »
My guess the PO forgot to leave her a slip, so it's sitting at the post office waiting for her to pick it up. I would have her drop by her local PO and check to see if they have anything for her there.
When a package is sent back to the post office for pick up, the delivery confirmation will say "attempted delivery" instead of "delivered". Also unless the package was very large or required a signature, the mail carrier usually leaves it at the address. It worth the buyer asking at their PO, but unfortunately the other 2 scenarios are more likely. :huh:

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »
Ugh..I'm glad the postman here always brings packages back to the post office, no matter what it is...its a pain because its 4 mile a walk to the P.O.all in but its better than stolen or lost items...hope you sort it :)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 06:04:04 AM »
Thats a tough one. :huh: I have had it happen too and was the buyer.
Mis-delivery is the most probable cause I think. But, as it was tracked, shouldn't there be some kind of confirmation before they can mark it as delivered? As in the recipient has to sign for it or something? Can the postman really drop it off just like that on someones porch?
In any case there is a chance he will remember the package if it was decorated with stickers, so try to contact him and ask if possible.
:hug:
-

ZettaMomo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:17:14 AM »
Thats a tough one. :huh: I have had it happen too and was the buyer.
Mis-delivery is the most probable cause I think. But, as it was tracked, shouldn't there be some kind of confirmation before they can mark it as delivered? As in the recipient has to sign for it or something? Can the postman really drop it off just like that on someones porch?
In any case there is a chance he will remember the package if it was decorated with stickers, so try to contact him and ask if possible.
:hug:
You can have signature confirmation, but if I remember correctly it is an extra $2.00 or so, so I only put that are large orders.

But good news; I guess the buyer's mother didn't recognize the package so she put it aside. So now my buyer has the items.
Thank you for the advice everyone! If something like this comes up in the future I'll be sure to remember what you all said. c:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Confirmed delivery.. but buyer doesn't have the item? UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »
Yay! Glad it's all cleared up now. :)

But, as it was tracked, shouldn't there be some kind of confirmation before they can mark it as delivered? As in the recipient has to sign for it or something? Can the postman really drop it off just like that on someones porch?
For items shipped within the US "delivery confirmation" is a cheap add-on service which just shows that the package was delivered to its destination. It's pretty standard for it to be left in the mailbox, on the porch, ect.
"signature confirmation" or "insurance" require the package to be signed for. In those cases, the mail carrier can not just leave the package. The same is true with some international packages. I've had to go to the Post Office to pick up lots of international packages that were not sent with tracking. Not sure how they decide which ones are ok to leave & which ones need to be picked up in those cases.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »
I'm glad it's resolved :) I just wanted to add in that there have been a couple times where my PO has scanned an item as 'delivered' even though they hadn't even brought it to my house yet (they eventually did several hours later).  I don't  know how often this happens elsewhere, but I just wanted to mention it :awake:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »
I am so glad to hear your package was found.  Silly Mom's  :lol:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
We should start a support group for people with the bestewst well-meaning Mums that inadvertently put our trades all screwy lol
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
Happy to hear that it all turned out well :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal