collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 23269 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43:04 AM »
I guess the thing that is frustrating outside of just the underweight hanks and not being forwarned that I would receive any is that I like to make my customs with a fair amount of hair in them. I have started using roughly 2 hanks (cut in half)+ for one pony. That was with the old hanks. Having to double the amount of hanks is going make prices get pretty high and at the same time I don't feel like I should have to cut back and be stingey with the amount of hair I'm using just because I'm getting less per hank. I hope all of this gets resolved soon. I can sympathize with other customizers who have commissions to do and have hair to order. *sigh*
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:10 AM »
Quote from: Paypal
13.1 Types of Problems Covered. PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) helps you if you encounter either of these problems:
You received an item you paid for with PayPal but it is “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) (as described below)

*The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
*The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
*You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.

I'm not saying that you should consider filing a paypal claim for this.. But I am saying you should keep an eye on your 45 day time limit if you think you may want to. You should be aware of your options here.

If no solution is being offered up by DH, filing may be a way to protect yourself. Simply telling the customer "Sorry, we made a mistake for a couple years and never caught it, this is how it has always supposed to have been." just isn't kosher. Precedent has been set that you could expect a certain amount of hair per order. If that amount is to be changed, then warning needs to be given. Not a bait and switch. Legally, what happened was very wrong, and the way in which it appears to be being handled is very unprofessional.

These issues seem to be covered by paypal. Parts of the hanks seem to be missing. Some people ordered items that they never received. And the condition of the item is misrepresented. It is advertised as being able to rehair one pony, and most often, you are unable to with the new weights.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:20:25 AM by Maniah »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2012, 10:20:26 AM »
I will be watching my calendar closely. But I am hoping I get a response to my email(s) before that and can come to an agreement amicably.

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
"I am going to put this topic to rest once and for all"

I see no resolution offered in your response, Tina, so that statement is worrying to me. I see an explanation and possible reasons for the old amount we were receiving, which we've become accustomed to, and you saying we never should have received that much, so you're not going to address that. You've explained the possible reasons, but we need a resolution. Is this 11g going to be the new standard, regardless, or are you going to do something about the fact that we've never been accustomed to receiving hanks that low? Will these underweight hanks be replaced? I'll take mine to the PO to get them weighed, but others have weighed theirs already and have had some come up as light as 6g - that's half of the 'standard' 11g, yet your response says nothing about you doing anything to fix that. What about the 38" non-MLP hanks? Are they dropping to around 22g? At 22g, that's barely more than what the old MLP 38" hanks were weighing in at, when they were around 18-20g. Perhaps you should've been weighing them yourself, and should continue weighing them yourself before shipping, because it's not really fair to your customers to have it changed with no notice on your site about it, and when it's brought to light, you just tell us that we never should've received that much hair. It certainly isn't our fault that we've been 'mislead' as to how much they should weigh - some of us for years. Either way you look at it, we have to pay higher prices for less amounts now, under these 'new' standard weights. You've essentially raised your prices without saying anything to your customers. Sounds like all that really needs to be done is spinning the hank more than 35 times, or 70 times for one spool, to give us weights we're more accustomed to. Whether you're willing to do that or not,  I'm not sure. I understand you still have to make a profit, but your customers are accustomed to certain weights/thicknesses, by no fault of our own but something on your end, or your co-workers, etc. We're not seeing those now, out of the blue, with no forewarning. I've never really been disappointed with your service before and I love your product, but this raises some questions. I need to place another order, but if you're just 'done with this topic,' I don't see any resolution to come of this, and I may just need to take my order elsewhere where I'm still getting heavier hanks, even if I did want some of the new colors as well as some colors I actually need for a specific project. I'm stating all of this here because emails aren't being responded to right now, and others have the same questions.

I personally can't file a claim, because I chose to accept a replacement hank + 2 free hanks of the new colors, but now that 'replacement' hank [Black Magick] weighs a lot less [as do the new colors, but those were free so I won't complain about those]. I don't have a scale available, but I can tell in my hand that it's lighter when I compare it to untouched hanks that I ordered just in September. So my replacement is now actually less of a replacement, because all of a sudden the hanks weigh less.

I am sorry to hear your RL situation has taken such a turn, and I hope that works out for you.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »
One wonders how this issue never came up during any inventory checks that businesses routinely do. If we were gettin more than we should have for the past few years, double what we hould have even, wouldn't an inventory check have shown you as missing half your stock? Or does DH not have inventory control procedures in place? Odd.

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
I'm glad they mentioned Saran. That was one of my issues as well but I've only ordered it 3 times so there wasn't a "normal" to me. The black Saran I bought a few months ago was more than enough to rehair a MH doll. Then I ordered a hank of lemon blonde 3 or so weeks ago and what I got wasn't enough to rehair Cupid. I had to use pink at the base to fill the gaps.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
Dear me, what a mess! I hope this gets resolved swiftly for everyone involved!

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
well, i have the issue in my hair collection too. DH was the only hair i ordered since i signed up here, so i have quite a collection to compare.

the explanation really doesn´t sound kosher, also the "half-weight" bags of 6g. i would enjoy being able to rehair one aduld G1 with one bag, like it was before.
Some more alternatives for ponyhair came up in the last year and i´m tending more towards them now.
over all the years, i just heard good thing about Dollyhair and about the Shopkeeper being friendly and helpfull also in bad times.
please keep the amount for one G1 and just lift the price, if necerssary.  ;)
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
I have weighed over 400 bags of hair (MLP size) and am currently getting the data together to make some graphs of it.  I will post the results as soon as I have them compiled.  This constitutes 32 bags from the "questionable" lot of hair and ones going back several years.

Airiel

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
well, i have the issue in my hair collection too. DH was the only hair i ordered since i signed up here, so i have quite a collection to compare.

the explanation really doesn´t sound kosher, also the "half-weight" bags of 6g. i would enjoy being able to rehair one aduld G1 with one bag, like it was before.
Some more alternatives for ponyhair came up in the last year and i´m tending more towards them now.
over all the years, i just heard good thing about Dollyhair and about the Shopkeeper being friendly and helpfull also in bad times.
please keep the amount for one G1 and just lift the price, if necerssary.  ;)

I am starting to feel the same. There was a drop between my September order and the one I split with you (hopefully it is still making its way to you) and started to notice the difference when I was splitting it up. I didn't think nothing of it until this thread popped up.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »
this makes me sad....

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Well I ordered my hair back in November. The payment was completely processed in it's entirely by November 30th.  I have not received my hair.  Also I am rather disappointed that Tina had the time to respond to this thread but not to return the e-mail I sent to her aol account, nor to the PM I sent to her arena account.

As far as the hair length goes, I still have not recieved my order so I can neither weigh nor count the threads of my orders.  But I can say I have never ordered anything other than where it says "Order nylon hair for my little ponies".

I can also point out that I prefer g1 and g3 ponies to customize and the display picture on her mlp hair page is of g1 apple jack. So I expect that I will have enough hair for a g1 adult pony. Not just for baby or  a G4.

I hope I receive my hair soon, since obviously I'm not going to be given a response back by e-mail or pm.

More importantly, I love the product that dollyhair offers.  I want to keep using it. But some of these new and on going issues are going to have to be fixed.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:38:11 PM by NichiTsukinoko »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
Well I ordered my hair back in November. The payment was completely processed in it's entirely by November 30th.  I have not received my hair.  Also I am rather disappointed that Tina had the time to respond to this thread but not to return the e-mail I sent to her aol account, nor to the PM I sent to her arena account.

As far as the hair length goes, I still have not recieved my order so I can neither weigh nor count the threads of my orders.  But I can say I have never ordered anything other than where it says "Order nylon hair for my little ponies".

I can also point out that I prefer g1 and g3 ponies to customize and the display picture on her mlp hair page is of g1 apple jack. So I expect that I will have enough hair for a g1 adult pony. Not just for baby or  a G4.

I hope I receive my hair soon, since obviously I'm not going to be given a response back by e-mail or pm.

This. This right here. I'm in the same boat. What bugs me the most is why one of two orders shipped out and has arrived, but the other hasn't.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »
Another thing that I just thought of - with this latest batch of hair weighing less, are we still paying the same amount of postage as we were with the larger, normal batches?

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
My thinking is that is if the hanks weigh less, the postage should be less since it is done by weight unless the postage rate went up again and I just didn't pay attention. Either way, the shipping cost should be separate from the item cost.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal