collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 23277 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
I suppose that would be one explanation - if so, that is a mistake that they need to take responsibility for. So far I do not think dollyhair has addressed the problem of those of us who have received hanks that are way smaller than even what the new "normal" is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:24:51 PM by NoDivision »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2012, 05:23:59 PM »
hmm... is it possible that they're only using one spool instead of two by accident in some cases?

I suppose that would be one explanation - if so, that is a mistake that they need to take responsibility for.

I don't see how that would be happening either if Tina is overseeing it x: Only if they run out of one spool then have to use one to cover the amount somehow... which I think would be problematic as well... hmm
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
wat evs
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:43:04 PM by rosierjay »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Ok, I counted as well. My 11 gram hank of Wisteria had 1187 strands. So, if we're supposed to get close to 1700 strands and the hank is supposed to weigh about 11 grams....well, the math doesn't add up!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
i wonder how long it will be before the mods lock this thread.
it's not controversial, but it has come to stir up alot of um... emotions.

i've never ordered from dollyhair before this last time. i thought the little bracelet i got was nice, and the shipping time was average with other orders i've made online.
i don't know if i'll have enough for two ponies. or one or not, but she did have all the colors i asked for.

not trying to take either side. but maybe we should let this thread wind down before it gets ugly.

I am glad you had a good experience. But many of us haven't. I do not think this thread is getting emotional or ugly. People are sharing the facts of what has happened to them and are hoping for an explanation. When the provided explanation does not fit with our findings, people are disputing it. I see nothing wrong with that.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
Took a quick look at my order from 10-1 (that was the date it was delivered) my hanks range from 13-20. My scale is not 100% accurate so the numbers I got can be a little bit off. I received another two orders since then, one was for Cherry Pie and I had used the full hank cut in half with black in the head and still didn't have enough to rehair. I had to use another almost half hank to finish. The recent order I got was ok, the hanks weren't as generous but they weren't skimped on badly either.

On a side note my biggest aggrivation from one of those orders was a hank of White Witch that tangled and knotted every time I even attempted to seperate any of it. I got so angry with the constant knots and rats nest at the end of the hair that I actually had to completely stop rehairing because I felt like my head was going to explode. I'm sure if the hank was a fair size before, the amount that I lost from constant knots and tangles probably took it down to the sizes hanks are being shipped as right now.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »
I don't see why the thread should be locked. We're sharing information. This is NOT the first problem I've had. I know it's not the first problem others have had. This is one of many issues but it's a new issue. Why shouldn't we talk about it?

Anyway, I've also counted an 11g hank of Tennis Ball and it came to 1160.

ETA: Also, if the standard is always supposed to be 11g, and the bigger hanks were the fault of the former assistant, then what about this? This is the same color, from the same order, with very different weights.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:35:27 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
I have the same scale as BlackCurtains does, in case anyone is wondering about weights from different scales.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »
I have the same scale too :)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
Basically, this means that 24 strands of hair are clumped together and then wrapped around a plastic core. Think of it like a giant spool of thread. So, for a My Little Pony hank, we use 2 spools of the same color, and these two spools, which comprise 48 strands of hair, are then spun around the machine 35 times.

vs

Here is what Tina has written;
Hello,

The hanks are all the same - at least, they should be. There are 24 strands on each spool, and for the My Little Pony hanks, each spool is spun 70 times.

So...two spools spun 35 times or one spool spun 70 times. Which is it? Or has it become ONE spool spun 35 times?
Sounds like that could be the problem...
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
yeah... I noticed that too...

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
I'm newer to the scene than everyone else with working with the ponies and rehairing, but I've bought hanks since I first joined and rehaired my Peachy. I have not weighed my hanks yet, but I was utterly shocked getting them today to find them so much smaller than my other hanks.   If the others were not the proper weight I still think we should have been notified that the weight would now be changed, and the other weight was off. I need to get my scales out and weigh.

I know lots of people have had trouble with Dollyhair, and I really haven't had trouble. I had one time before, and it was taken care of. I'm also not trying to raise a fuss since generally Tina you treat me pretty darn well. I have to admit though it crushed me a bit having spent close to $100 on hair and opening a package with hanks so much less than what I expected. I just wish I had been notified of the change. If I didn't have to use several packages of this hair to give to someone I'd halfway want to send it back.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
i wonder how long it will be before the mods lock this thread.
it's not controversial, but it has come to stir up alot of um... emotions.

i've never ordered from dollyhair before this last time. i thought the little bracelet i got was nice, and the shipping time was average with other orders i've made online.
i don't know if i'll have enough for two ponies. or one or not, but she did have all the colors i asked for.

not trying to take either side. but maybe we should let this thread wind down before it gets ugly.

I am glad you had a good experience. But many of us haven't. I do not think this thread is getting emotional or ugly. People are sharing the facts of what has happened to them and are hoping for an explanation. When the provided explanation does not fit with our findings, people are disputing it. I see nothing wrong with that.

I´m with you NoDivision
yes, i prefer to know what to expect when i made a purchase, I do not think the censorship help or give us a better solution, it´s not about a policy of hair, there are many people involved who need to find a solution and the results will favor other persons like me that intend to purchase in the future.

At this point I think i definitely prefer to go up a bit with the prices than less hair than I usually receive. Please Tina, give us a solution

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »
I'm curious as to what general G1 these hanks should be for. A flutter? A stripe on a rainbow pony? A baby? An earth pony such as Cotton Candy? Cause my Mermaid could probably fill a Peach Blossom or a winger but  kind of having doubts on an adult.

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
I've been buying hair since I started around 2009 and I really haven't made too many customs..so for 3+ years, the hair has been graciously sent to me in a larger, incorrect amount?? I find that very difficult to believe. :(

As others have stated, she did mention two methods of separating the hair. Maybe the inconsistency lies there..or maybe it IS a manufacturer error. Tina, please PLEASE look into this. For 3+ years now I believed one hank to be enough to rehair a normal G1 adult with hair a little longer than your picture showed, so I thought that to be the standard size. Now, we're receiving the 'normal' amount which is less than what we're. ALL use toad paying the same amount for less. This is very disheartening because I know other hair suppliers hair to be around the weight of your older hair weights. :(

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal