collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 23242 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »
I don't know the weight but there are exactly 38 plugs in the hank I just got today. I counted. I got the hair to rehair a G4 and I don't think it'll even be enough for that. G3s, last I counted, have over 100 plugs. Even cut in 1/4's this won't be enough hair for that. I've tried to be patient and understanding but now I'm furious. This is ridiculous! *goes to count G4 plug holes*

54. This G4 Pinkie Pie head has 54 plug holes and a tail. This is not enough hair even cut in half. I am seriously angry. Her site says her hanks rehair 1 pony. This can't even rehair a G4!
o_O are you serious!?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with that.  :huh:

I keep checking the mail, hoping for my order to arrive (it's been almost a month now...), and still nothing.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
I don't know the weight but there are exactly 38 plugs in the hank I just got today. I counted. I got the hair to rehair a G4 and I don't think it'll even be enough for that. G3s, last I counted, have over 100 plugs. Even cut in 1/4's this won't be enough hair for that. I've tried to be patient and understanding but now I'm furious. This is ridiculous! *goes to count G4 plug holes*

54. This G4 Pinkie Pie head has 54 plug holes and a tail. This is not enough hair even cut in half. I am seriously angry. Her site says her hanks rehair 1 pony. This can't even rehair a G4!

Woah!!! Now, that is seriously eye opening!!!  :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

That's insane!  I know I can usually get about 3 G4's out of one hank.  When one hank won't even do a single G4, that's a problem.  Now I'm looking at my 8 and 10 gram hanks and wondering just how far they'll go....
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »

o_O are you serious!?
But doesn't that just mean if you don't cut it at all? :/
I can't imagine a G4 with like super long hair like that. :/
I just rehaired an entie G4 using newer hair and only used up a quarter of a hank cause that's only how much I cut from it.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »
i just got my order... and the two colors i bought that often run out....
they were lighter than the other colors i bought.
it was my first order at dollyhair, so i can't compare to past, but even within the order it wasn't consistent.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

o_O are you serious!?
I just rehaired an entie G4 using newer hair and only used up a quarter of a hank cause that's only how much I cut from it.
There are a lot of customizers who prefer the longer hair, or in some cases with G4s.. thicker tails (because G4 tails are kind of skimpy in the first place >.>) I tend to cut only about 1/3 of my hanks of hair for any of my ponies to half of the hanks depending on how long I really want the hair. But for those who do G3 ponies and G1 ponies that -isn't- enough, even if you do it in 1/3 unless you want the tail to be shorter and look even shorter curled in ringlets x:

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »

o_O are you serious!?
There are a lot of customizers who prefer the longer hair, or in some cases with G4s.. thicker tails (because G4 tails are kind of skimpy in the first place >.>) I tend to cut only about 1/3 of my hanks of hair for any of my ponies to half of the hanks depending on how long I really want the hair. But for those who do G3 ponies and G1 ponies that -isn't- enough, even if you do it in 1/3 unless you want the tail to be shorter and look even shorter curled in ringlets x:
I used thick hair even and I had plenty. :I
Granted it's supposed to be a short style, but still. a G4 with 6 inch hair is kind if ridiculous.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
Im scared to get my order now..
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

o_O are you serious!?

I took that into consideration when I made my post. I always cut my hair in half. That will give me enough for the head but it would leave 22 plugs for the tail and that would be a skimpy little tail. So at the length I leave my pony's hair, it is not enough hair. Could I MAKE it work? Yes. Would my custom suffer for it? Depending on the custom, it very well might. Was I seriously shorted in hair? Definitely. And that's the real point. This is not the amount of hair a paid for.

Edit: I'm sorry. I just reread my post here and it sounds rather snippy. I apologize. I'm not angry with you or offended by your question, just not very happy about my hair order so I'm sounding annoyed in general. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:13:05 PM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
so my question is...
if they really are reducing the amount of hair. which it seems they are.
what should we do? complain? ask for a refund? tell them to charge more for the old amount of hair?

my vote is to buy elsewhere, but that's just me.

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

o_O are you serious!?

I took that into consideration when I made my post. I always cut my hair in half. That will give me enough for the head but it would leave 22 plugs for the tail and that would be a skimpy little tail. So at the length I leave my pony's hair, it is not enough hair. Could I MAKE it work? Yes. Would my custom suffer for it? Depending on the custom, it very well might. Was I seriously shorted in hair? Definitely. And that's the real point. This is not the amount of hair a paid for.

Edit: I'm sorry. I just reread my post here and it sounds rather snippy. I apologize. I'm not angry with you or offended by your question, just not very happy about my hair order so I'm sounding annoyed in general. I'm sorry.

In all honesty dear, you have every right to be as the consumer. You didn't get what you paid for, as did a lot of others.

By the way, I sent her my email on Monday as requested a "Read Receipt". Since I haven't gotten the email reply back that she read it, that means she hasn't gotten to read it. I'll keep you informed if it is read.

Post Merge: December 12, 2012, 07:20:57 PM

so my question is...
if they really are reducing the amount of hair. which it seems they are.
what should we do? complain? ask for a refund? tell them to charge more for the old amount of hair?

my vote is to buy elsewhere, but that's just me.

At this point, a legal point, we have to wait to see what she is going to do before making rash decisions. Make sure you do try to contact her, because if something should happen (and I'm not saying this will) and legal action is taken (again not saying it will), the first thing they will ask is if you made any attempt to contact or resolve the issue yourself. If you choose to shop elsewhere given the current situation, then that is certainly an option as well. I'm more so concerned at this point about those that have already made orders. I'm sure you could make a claim with Paypal if she doesn't respond. :/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:20:57 PM by SoldierofTwilight »

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline okiegurl1981

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »

o_O are you serious!?
Granted it's supposed to be a short style, but still. a G4 with 6 inch hair is kind if ridiculous.

Some people prefer longer hair on ponies, and not everyone does G4 customs.  I know I do customs of every generation, and if there's not enough hair to rehair one G4 pony, then there's not enough to do a G3 or G1 custom.  It's not just about what gen of pony or the hair length.  The point is, there is WAY less hair than previous orders, and we're being charged the same price.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Not if a certain style requires longer hair XD Some styles do make hair look shorter in some form or manner but needs longer hair to do them :)

Factory G4 hair is about 4in which is actually 8in (yes I actually took one of my G4's off shelf to measure the hair XD) which is approx. 1/4 DH hank length. The tail is also about 4in which again is 8in total, so there is about 1/2 of the hair used. 38 plugs with the hank kaoskat posted using the approx factory lengths you'd have to pretty much use about 1/2 of the hair just for the mane alone but then tail thickness is another story... Then you also have to take into account that the mane itself.. some of the plug holes need extra hair to actually fill them in due to the factory needles making some of the plugs thicker anyway

Why did I just kind of break that down? I really don't know but I thought it might be useful in some way x:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
Not if a certain style requires longer hair XD Some styles do make hair look shorter in some form or manner but needs longer hair to do them :)

Factory G4 hair is about 4in which is actually 8in (yes I actually took one of my G4's off shelf to measure the hair XD) which is approx. 1/4 DH hank length. The tail is also about 4in which again is 8in total, so there is about 1/2 of the hair used. 38 plugs with the hank kaoskat posted using the approx factory lengths you'd have to pretty much use about 1/2 of the hair just for the mane alone but then tail thickness is another story... Then you also have to take into account that the mane itself.. some of the plug holes need extra hair to actually fill them in due to the factory needles making some of the plugs thicker anyway

Why did I just kind of break that down? I really don't know but I thought it might be useful in some way x:
totally useful. this is my first time using hair that just purchased (got alot of half hanks etc at first) so it's nice to know how long to cut it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal