collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 22969 times)

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
so perhaps since it's worked for Elise, maybe Tina is adopting the same approach to keep costs down?

Just speculating is all!  :)

If so, she should at least put a notice about this on the website.

Oh, totally agree - then customers can make an informed choice and know straight up what they will be getting, instead of being disappointed in the amount you receive.. which sounds like many of you ponies are!  :(

I am really sorry to hear about this, but so glad you ponies are sharing your experiences!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
The order I received last month seemed pretty spot-on to "normal" with the exception of my hanks of White Witch.  I ordered three of them, one at 18g, one at 15g and one at (wait for it...) 8g.  Eight grams.  I haven't notified her about this yet, because I figured that the other two would make it average out, and I very, very seldom rehair ponies all with one color (usually go at a plug by plug basis, so I don't worry so much about the "one hank = however many ponies" example), but I can see how this would be problematic for people doing rehairs with mostly solid colors.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
sounds like your order was placed before her latest shipment came in, though? I think mainly the issue has been with the orders that are being sent out from her shipment of new and restocked colors. But 8g... wow. I though my 9g hank was bad.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
Ah, yes.  That order was before the latest shipment was in hand.  I do have another order on its way to me (as I said, for the most part, every other hank from the order I have right now was normal besides that one), and I'll be careful to check these ones out, too.  I'm usually not a stickler for weight, as much as thickness at the twist tie, so typically don't pay attention *that* closely.  I'll let you know what this next order looks like.

Kimmers4Ever

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »
I got my package in the mail today and from the start it just felt really thin for 7 hanks of hair... so I pulled out 7 of my older hanks I hadn't opened or used yet... and then compared them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Course, someone explained that it might come from a different part of the rolls... but my Lemonade hanks looks really thin. So I decided to do some weighting. 

My older hanks weighted between .60 to .80oz with one single hank at .50oz.  When I weighed all 7 hanks it came out to 4.85oz.

My new hanks I received today weight in a more tight bunch... .40 - .45. with one hank being a good .60. When I weighed all 7 of those it came out to 3.20oz.

So a 1.65oz difference which is roughly 2 hanks worth of a difference.

That's just what I got to add to this.  If it's just a case of her changing the amounts for the price, I can understand, but I would have definitely liked a warning, so that I coulda ordered 4 hanks, or so, instead.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:08:27 PM by Kimmers4Ever »

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
wowww, when i saw the intruduccion discount and promotion of the new colors I felt miserable because i couldnĀ“t afford it, but now I feel it was a salvation!!. Usually i calculate  the number of hanks for every custom, if I buy less hair that deserves more hanks. But if I have a commission or urgent delivery time, find this is very unpleasant. we should receive a warning at least :/  so more colors, but less hair?
where is the respect for consumers? she always talks about the quality of her hair and if is the best of the best, but this omission....she should give an explanation, even if is to late for  the ones that bought lately

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
I know Tina's getting a new assistant, could it be a matter of the assistant not knowing how to spool the hair? I really have no clue, but I'm sad to hear it!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
it could be, and maybe that person  is making some mistakes as part of her/his training, I hope not more. Some of her friends could tell Tina to stand over here to give us a reason or explanation please?

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
My latest order hasn't come yet, despite it being placed on Nov 22nd. I just wanted to see some of the new colors otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Now I have skimpy hanks to look forward to. Whenever my order arrives I'll do a comparison.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »
BlackCurtain - i placed my order on the same date, using the coupon. I did get a tracking number for mine though.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
Earlier this year I ordered a bunch of hair (was around the time she had the baby).  Most of the hair was fine a few were a little thinner looking but the saddest thing was one of the hair colors I ordered was wrong.  It had the correct name on the bag but instead of it being a icey white/blue color it was neon pink.  I emailed her but she never responded. :(

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
Well, I'm not jumping to any conclusions about anything yet - I am interested to hear reports from the rest of you expecting orders.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »
im still wiating on an order,  of some of the new colours she gotten,
 i will wiegh up mine and  compare them to some older hanks and post the  results when that order comes in.

im' hoping that just just a trainee / learning curve thing.
as im sure she would  post a notification on her site if smaller packets were going to be the norm
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:23:57 PM by pyrodarknessanny »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
I can't weight mine, but they certainly appear to be smaller as well. I'm throwing my vote in for paying a bit more for the same amount as before. I mean after all, if we have to order 2 hanks to rehair a pony, we will be paying more anyway. It would just be easier to get the old amount for a bit higher price instead.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 10:55:10 PM »
I have yet to receive my hair but I did notice that there was a difference of hair between 2 years and 1 year ago... The hanks actually seemed to become more full...   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal