collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 MLP comics: I KNOW WHO WROTE THE SMOOZE COMIC NOW!  (Read 11792 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Did the two G1 MLP comics end at the same time?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
I have more, just haven't scanned them yet.  ^_^  I actually wrote down what I have recently . . . *digs it up*  Ah, here we go.

"My Little Pony" comic: 1- 53, 55-73, 75, 77-84, 86-94, 96-106, 111, 113-116, 119, 124-126, 133, 137, 141, 143, 150, 152-156, 158, 160-168, 170-174, 177, 182-183, 188, 190, 193-194, 196-197, 199-200, 218

"My Little Pony and Friends" comic: 1-14, 17, 23, 25, 27, 33, 37

I think 218 is a Tales comic. Or am I thinking of MLP & Friends #37? I should check.  But . . . it's on the bottom of my stack of comics and like you said, those are HEAVY!!   Anyway, I only have one Tales comic and it's the one with light-up Princess Sparkle in it. 

I do love the comics, you're so right about them being addictive!  :D

Edit:  Oh, and I just bought #54 off eBay and also a . . . Poster Comic?  Or something like that.  Maybe it's just a poster?  I don't know, but it was something I didn't have, soooo . . .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:57:17 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »
I have more, just haven't scanned them yet.  ^_^  I actually wrote down what I have recently . . . *digs it up*  Ah, here we go.

"My Little Pony" comic: 1- 53, 55-73, 75, 77-84, 86-94, 96-106, 111, 113-116, 119, 124-126, 133, 137, 141, 143, 150, 152-156, 158, 160-168, 170-174, 177, 182-183, 188, 190, 193-194, 196-197, 199-200, 218

"My Little Pony and Friends" comic: 1-14, 17, 23, 25, 27, 33, 37

I think 218 is a Tales comic. Or am I thinking of MLP & Friends #37? I should check.  But . . . it's on the bottom of my stack of comics and like you said, those are HEAVY!!   Anyway, I only have one Tales comic and it's the one with light-up Princess Sparkle in it. 

I do love the comics, you're so right about them being addictive!  :D

Edit:  Oh, and I just bought #54 off eBay and also a . . . Poster Comic?  Or something like that.  Maybe it's just a poster?  I don't know, but it was something I didn't have, soooo . . .

Here is what I think I have, not sure if I missed something when getting some new ones recently o.O

My Little Pony: 1-203, (I need an upgrade for 202 because the back page is missing T.T, 206 (which has the middle page/pages missing...), 207-208, 211, 213, 215, 218, 220-221, 223

My Little Pony and Friends: 1-11, 13-23, 28-30, 37-38, 40-45, 47-49, 51

And I have the specials they had and the 'magazine posters' and the extra comic that came with 114.

I got Itoya Art Profolio's to keep them in, which works so far, so need to get plastic tote with better handles to put them in...I almost break myself lifting the one I have now X D

Anyway, you are right! 218 is one of the Tales comics =D

Comics comics comics!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 05:37:47 AM »
218 should definitely be a Tales Comic. I'm pretty sure it had become Tales by 210 at least (off the top of my head). I'd given up on them as a child by around 180ish, as I noticed they were repeating stories and repeating pictures with different text:( My remaining ones don't have my name on though, just the number '239' (or is it '237'?) which was our slot number at WH Smiths :)

That's an impressive collection, Wildshadow!! I think your normal set is far more complete than mine, but I might have the edge on the Friends ones ;) Although I did find I was missing one of the earlier ones that I thought I already had. My favourite comic item is the order form for the newsagents though :) I keep mine are in individual sleeves and then stored in leaver arch folders. I break them up into sets of about 75 per folder.

No Molly and Danny that I can remember - but thats not surprising as the Comics really did only tend to focus on ponies which could actually be purchased in the UK and Molly was never sold here.

Not in the early days!! The comics were full of the unicorns and pegasi sets, the second set of rainbows and babies Moondancer, Glory, Firefly and Surprise, none of whom were sold here! It was the bane of my childhood trying to search for some of them :( I think they realised later on it was a great selling tool for new lines, so only introduced ones that were sold here.

Love comics!! :lovey: I go out of my way to find foreign G1 comics, though somehow I've never managed to get an Italian one.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:14 AM »
Wow, awesome collection, Wildshadow!

Ha ha, YES, the repeated art stories!  I guess they figured no one would notice!   The Crow Queen story and the one where Firefly searches for Majesty's magic shoes seemed to be particularly popular for those.

I have a comic, honestly not sure of the language it's in, that has the magic carpet story in it (you know, the one where Spike, Confetti, and Applejack sneak Majesty's magic carpet out of hiding and go joyriding), but it has an extra page not in the UK comic.  (Because in the original comic the cover was one of the pages, but in this comic it was in the middle so they couldn't use the cover.)

Anyone remember Sulaine's bad Finnish translation page?  Apparently Cotton Candy got translated as "Padding" at one point and Barnacle as . . . One-Eye.

What kind of sleeves are you guys referring to?  I was just thinking I need a better way to store my comics.  They're just piled in Tupperwares right now.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
No Molly and Danny that I can remember - but thats not surprising as the Comics really did only tend to focus on ponies which could actually be purchased in the UK and Molly was never sold here.

Not in the early days!! The comics were full of the unicorns and pegasi sets, the second set of rainbows and babies Moondancer, Glory, Firefly and Surprise, none of whom were sold here! It was the bane of my childhood trying to search for some of them :( I think they realised later on it was a great selling tool for new lines, so only introduced ones that were sold here.

Wow good point LadyG! I completely was focusing on the middle to later comics - the early ones do have all those ponies we didnt get :) And having glanced through even some of those later ones this afternoon there are a couple of ponies who didnt get a release here mentioned there as well.

Lol - I have comic 30 if Wildshadow doesnt get a chance to scan it in, I can get it done over the weekend - *off to search cause I am completely missed the Molly reference*

Love to learn new things!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Re: G1 MLP comics: I KNOW WHO WROTE THE SMOOZE COMIC NOW!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
You guys!!  I googled one of the few names I had in connection with the MLP comics and I FOUND WHO DID THE SMOOZE COMIC!   It was the editor, Martin Gray!  They couldn't get approval from Hasbro on one short story so he had to fill in at the last minute, and he used the Smooze from the movie!

Also at least some of the illustrations were done by Selecciones Illustradas, a studio in Madrid.  Hasbro UK had to directly approve of the layouts, scripts, and art for each issue.  So they were down at Hasbro UK's office on a regular basis, it sounds like, and also got to see the new line of ponies at the beginning of each year.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 07:22:36 AM »
How very cool!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »
Back to 223, I think I have seen it.
It's called Bad News, it's dark blue and it has Patch on it.

Post Merge: May 24, 2013, 07:19:23 AM

Can someone please scan the whole smooze comic in??????? I have wanted for so long to see it!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:19:23 AM by anonymoushoneycomb »

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »
While we're on the subject of the comics.... Which issue had the story of how the TEs became TEs? Wasn't that issue a UK exclusive?

sailorstitch

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
Cool thread , Comics are so adictive :).
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
These comics are so hilarious-  I'm impressed you've managed to collect so much information!

Do you know who wrote the regular comics?  Do you have any idea why some of them are so zany?  It would be pretty fun to interview some of the people that wrote these- I have a few questions for them for sure, lol

Tirac

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
I really want to see the one that calls Megan's siblings ugly. xD
My friend owns the issue but she's all the way in Edmonton and doesn't have access to a camera or scanner.
If I ever visit, I'll scan it up for you guys.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:29 AM »
While we're on the subject of the comics.... Which issue had the story of how the TEs became TEs? Wasn't that issue a UK exclusive?

sailorstitch

The main comics were only available in the UK; although Germany had its own run of the same style but shorter and slightly different run.

There were 2 issues in regards the TEs - issue 35 for the first set of TEs and then issue 42 for the second set of TEs.

Back to 223, I think I have seen it.
It's called Bad News, it's dark blue and it has Patch on it.

Post Merge: May 24, 2013, 07:19:23 AM

Can someone please scan the whole smooze comic in??????? I have wanted for so long to see it!!!

You want comic #30 of the MLP & Friends set for that story :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
Oh yes!!! I'd love to see the witches and the Smooze in the comics.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
Hopefully you will be able to track it down :( Stalk ebay uk and they show up occasionally.
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal